Is this a "guy" thing?

Kathianne said:
I don't know why they do it Abbey, they all do. Both my sons and my dad. Do it with coffeecakes too. To the males that say he's trying to save knives...so why do they get a seperate glass with each drink they take? Besides, isn't that why I have 18 place settings and a dishwasher?

Oh yeah, don't you wonder how it is that they can line up all of their tools and seperate their nuts, bolts, screws, and nails, but can't figure out how to load the dishwasher? :shocked:

Don't get me started on refridgerator blindness! :spank3:

I'm tellin' ya - there's NOTHING wrong with keeping the knife on the cake dish. Sometimes, after I'm done with the cake, I'll immediately clean the knife - but if I cut a big piece and have to really muscle thru it I'll be too tired to worry about it.

Kathianne said:
I don't know why they do it Abbey, they all do. Both my sons and my dad. Do it with coffeecakes too. To the males that say he's trying to save knives...so why do they get a seperate glass with each drink they take? Besides, isn't that why I have 18 place settings and a dishwasher?

Oh yeah, don't you wonder how it is that they can line up all of their tools and seperate their nuts, bolts, screws, and nails, but can't figure out how to load the dishwasher? :shocked:

Kathianne, you have no idea how happy I am that you showed up. :thup: Excellent points, too.

Abbey Normal said:
Kathianne, you have no idea how happy I am that you showed up. :thup: Excellent points, too.

and why do they use 3-5 towels with every shower? And leave them for someone else to pick up? I mean, really!

I leave the knife too. In my house, there was usually some else waiting for a peice, or would be there momentarily. We didn't have cake often, you usually needed an extra knife to fend off those who were bigger and stronger than you. :2guns:

Abbey Normal said:
Refigerator blindness- perfect!
Yeah, must be like color blindness, male only! Oh but they can see the expiration dates from a mile away!

Kathianne said:
and why do they use 3-5 towels with every shower? And leave them for someone else to pick up? I mean, really!

that just is opposite - no self-respecting guy uses more than one towel per shower. Girls use one to dry-off, one to wrap around their ( o Y o ), and one for their hair.

:)

Said1 said:
I leave the knife too. In my house, there was usually some else waiting for a peice, or would be there momentarily. We didn't have cake often, you usually needed an extra knife to fend off those who were bigger and stronger than you. :2guns:

Extenuating circumstances...

Abbey Normal said:
Just some inconsequential musings for a snowy Friday afternoon:

In our household, there is one person who cuts a piece of cake or pie, and leaves the used knife in with the rest of the cake/pie. No mater how many times I take it out and out it and put it in the dishwasher, it keeps happening. Yes, that person happens to be my husband, the only male in the house.

Is this a guy thing? Does anyone else here think it's kind of gross to find a crusty used knife in with the cake?
It's not like the knife has been in anyone's mouth. It's convenient for the knife to be there so that you don't have to go in the drawer to get one every time, plus it's more efficient because you are only using one knife for the whole pie instead of lots of knives. I love pie. Sweet potato pie is probably my favorite.

dmp said:
that just is opposite - no self-respecting guy uses more than one towel per shower. Girls use one to dry-off, one to wrap around their ( o Y o ), and one for their hair.

:)

My experience is that may be true at the gym, but not at home. I wrap one on my hair and the other around, well ya know! :laugh: I put them both on the bar, then the hamper when they are dry.

Hagbard Celine said:
It's not like the knife has been in anyone's mouth. It's convenient for the knife to be there so that you don't have to go in the drawer to get one every time, plus it's more efficient because you are only using one knife for the whole pie instead of lots of knives. I love pie. Sweet potato pie is probably my favorite.

Very stream of consciousness, Haggy.

Hagbard Celine said:

Plus the stuff you can pick off the knife is worth the effort after it's sliced several peices.

Kathianne said:

Nope, that's just what the sales people told ya.
Tools? Hey, that's important chit..without em, we couldn't fix yer broken dishwasher. Go figure. :laugh:

Kathianne said:
My experience is that may be true at the gym, but not at home. I wrap one on my hair and the other around, well ya know! :laugh: I put them both on the bar, then the hamper when they are dry.

Gym? wha?? You just making up words now? That's crazy talk.

:p

:thup: :laugh:

Forum List

Back