Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" a Racist Statement?

Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" a Racist Statement

• Total voters
My son, 16 special needs, is into 'action' movies. I pick and choose and do my best as far as what he'a allowed to watch. I let him see Die Hard (on tv with what ever they decide to edit as far as words go). They didn't edit the word ****** out. (Ok, I think it was Die Hard and this one is off the list after one viewing of it). Anyway, he asked me what ****** meant (none of my kids have ever heard 'ethnic' slurs in our house). I told him it was an insulting word that people used to call black people, especially back in the days of slavery but that some people still use it now. I told him it's insulting and it's wrong to use any type of words like this. Apparently my answer didn't satisfy him because he asked the teachers at school what it meant. They had a fit, where all 'omg he said the 'n' word' type of reaction but never bothered to explain what it meant just told him that it wasn't nice and that he should never say it. Three weeks later he was assigned To Kill a Mockingbird to read, where the word ****** is used throughout the book. Talk about a teachable moment.

If a white person says ******, it's racist. If a black person says ******, it can go either way. At least, that's my observation.

If a black person calls a white person cracker, it's not racist. If a white person calls a white person cracker, it's gay. At least, that's my observation.

And heaven forbid a black man saying a white man acted "stupidly"... even if that black man is the President of the United States...

If he has all the facts first and is correct in his assessment, not a problem. (although as POTUS, he should probably just not say anything at all). But when spoken without knowing all the facts he merely inserts his foot into his mouth.. . . and looks stupid for making the comment. And no one gives a shit what color he is.

Zoom-boing...you can only speak for yourself...

RNC chairman candidate defends 'Barack the Magic Negro' song

Limbaugh plays "Barack The Magic Negro" on his show

Gary Frago, California Councilman, Sent Racist Anti-Obama Jokes To Staff

Virginia GOPer Writes Racist Anti-Obama Column

Latest Racist Anti-Obama Email

6a00d83451b05569e201157134e0d9970c-320wi.jpg

David McKalip is brain surgeon, a board member of the founder of the anti-tax group Cut Property Taxes Now. McKalip is a supporter of Senate candidate Marco Rubio and is against Barack Obama's attempt at health care reform. McKalip sent an email out with the image above, to a Tea Party Google listserv. "Funny stuff, McKalip wrote.

No. It isn't.

McKalip is the founder of the anti health care reform group Doctors For Patients Freedom. McKalip attempted to raise $500,000 for Cut Property Taxes Now. The Doctor has held a fundraiser for Rubio and appeared on Laura Ingraham's show. McKalip isn't some nobody. He is taken very seriously in Republican circles.

Yes. It is racist in the sense that it confers a negativity on a person because of skin color only. Are there white *******? If the term just referenced stereotypes that fit all then we could have Hispanic *******, Polish *******, etc etc. Pretending it means something else salves the conscience of people who stay on the surface of things. Chris Rock's satiric irony is no excuse for vague apologetics. And all you assholes out there - notice no racial reference - are living in lalaland if you think racism is not embedded somewhere in our psyche. But hatred, exclusion, and stereotyping crosses other boundaries too.

Maybe the question should be asked is N racist in America? Yes, again.

read beginning of this:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nature-Prejudice-25th-Anniversary/dp/0201001799/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248781426&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: The Nature of Prejudice: 25th Anniversary Edition (9780201001792): Gordon W. Allport, Kenneth Clark, Thomas Pettigrew: Books[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/N-Word-Who-Can-Shouldnt/dp/0547053495/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248781277&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: The N Word: Who Can Say It, Who Shouldn't, and Why (9780547053493): Jabari Asim: Books[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/******-Strange-Career-Troublesome-Word/dp/0375713719/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248781277&sr=1-2]Amazon.com: ******: The Strange Career of a Troublesome Word (9780375713712): Randall Kennedy: Books[/ame]

And heaven forbid a black man saying a white man acted "stupidly"... even if that black man is the President of the United States...

If he has all the facts first and is correct in his assessment, not a problem. (although as POTUS, he should probably just not say anything at all). But when spoken without knowing all the facts he merely inserts his foot into his mouth.. . . and looks stupid for making the comment. And no one gives a shit what color he is.

Zoom-boing...you can only speak for yourself...

RNC chairman candidate defends 'Barack the Magic Negro' song

Limbaugh plays "Barack The Magic Negro" on his show

Gary Frago, California Councilman, Sent Racist Anti-Obama Jokes To Staff

Virginia GOPer Writes Racist Anti-Obama Column

Latest Racist Anti-Obama Email

6a00d83451b05569e201157134e0d9970c-320wi.jpg

David McKalip is brain surgeon, a board member of the founder of the anti-tax group Cut Property Taxes Now. McKalip is a supporter of Senate candidate Marco Rubio and is against Barack Obama's attempt at health care reform. McKalip sent an email out with the image above, to a Tea Party Google listserv. "Funny stuff, McKalip wrote.

No. It isn't.

McKalip is the founder of the anti health care reform group Doctors For Patients Freedom. McKalip attempted to raise $500,000 for Cut Property Taxes Now. The Doctor has held a fundraiser for Rubio and appeared on Laura Ingraham's show. McKalip isn't some nobody. He is taken very seriously in Republican circles.

Yes, I do speak for myself. These people do not speak for everyone, regardless of their positions.

The entire 'race' thing --- seriously, what difference does it make what color someone's skin is?

Yes. It is racist in the sense that it confers a negativity on a person because of skin color only.http://www.amazon.com/******-Strang...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248781277&sr=1-2

No, it doesn't you stupid fuck. Calling all blacks ******* would.The quote in question makes it clear that ******* are a specific subset of black people, just as inbred hillbillies with webbed toes are a subset of (usually) caucasian people

No, it doesn't you stupid fuck. Calling all blacks ******* would.The quote in question makes it clear that ******* are a specific subset of black people, just as inbred hillbillies with webbed toes are a subset of (usually) caucasian people

You've written some asinine nonsense to defend your childishness and immaturity but that takes the cake in plain stupidity. We have to call all ??? Damn that is stupid and even racist, as now you label a subset a racist word. Or do you know white *******?

Last edited:
You're a fucking moron. It's idiots like you who cry 'racism'; all the god damned time because you have no intelligent response and nothing meaningful to say.

The moron is you, the term ****** never initially referred to a subset of blacks, it referred to all which is why it is racist you are dumb as hell for repeatedly trying to defend the use of a racist term.

You're a fucking moron. It's idiots like you who cry 'racism'; all the god damned time because you have no intelligent response and nothing meaningful to say.

Name calling ain't helping you, just makes you a larger fool. Some are honest about racism, you are not.

"Contemporary racism is not conscious, and it is not accompanied by dislike, so it gets expressed in indirect, subtle ways," he said. That "stealth" discrimination reveals itself in many different situations."

Poll: Most Americans see lingering racism -- in others - CNN.com

Tim Wise: Of National Lies and Racial America

Linn Washington Jr.: Racism in America and Other Uncomfortable Facts

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

Last edited:
Defending the use of the term ****** for blacks /quote]

Misrepresenting what I said merely proves you a liar

There are many fine black fol;ks, and then there are ignorant ******* like you who make your race look bad.

Jackass, you're the one thats arguing that it is ok for whites to use the words ****** to refer to bad blacks while simultaneously overlooking the history of the word and its use to refer to any and all blacks, even dark skinned not of African descent at times. Its use has nothing to do with behaviour its purely a racial racist term.

This retard is still going and on, tell you, go to a group of blacks and make your suggestion and if you still have any teeth left and or you're still living the Bass will agree.

It's true, I don't know if it's racist or not, I don't know what the definition of racism is anymore.

But black people are not comfortable discussing the topic in front of white people.

And white people, say what you want, but you say that to a black dude and you may get knocked the fuck out.

A bit of background about me.................

I grew up primarily in Montana, and never saw a black person except on very rare occasions until my senior year in high school. Jimmy Goode was his name, and he was black, wore cowboy boots and hat, liked rodeo and with the exception of skin tone, was just like everyone else.

Most people accepted him. He was a jock on the football team. If anyone called him "******" they would get hurt by everyone else, as he was extremely well liked.

From that, I figured out that the word "******" is one of the more offensive words in the english language. Niggardly incidentally, meant someone who was selfish and wouldn't share. The word also meant "black", and because of the views of the slave owners, they adopted it to refer to the slaves from Africa.

My definition from that? I figured out that a ****** is someone who is selfish, and has a dark soul, which means I NEVER turn my back on them. They can be white, yellow, red, brown, black or purple with stripes. Bottom line is I don't trust them.

If I do recognize them as being a fairly decent sort? I call them by name, and when referring to them, I say "you know......the black dude".

I only go for the jugular when pressed.

And yes Chucked Ass you Stoned High Yellow Coward........you are a racist.

It's true, I don't know if it's racist or not, I don't know what the definition of racism is anymore.

But black people are not comfortable discussing the topic in front of white people.

And white people, say what you want, but you say that to a black dude and you may get knocked the fuck out.

Why is it always Stated that way?...

Some Black People might Resort to Swinging over Words, but most I Know aren't that Insecure, and then the Assumption that the Swing will Result in a Knock-out...

Stereotype much?...

Honestly.

Are they just Naturally Better Fighters because of their Slave History, Jimmy the Greek?...

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back