Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" a Racist Statement?

Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" a Racist Statement

• Total voters
It's like the difference between pointless thread, and a stupid post. We don't care.

The simple use of the word is racist...by any race. Many members of this board use the word in type and then say that they would never actually say the word so to make themselves feel better. Chris Rock is a comedian and his job is to make people laugh. He didn't make the statement at a press conference or in an op ed. The simple fact is that the word incites, hurts and angers many people of color no matter who uses it. It's ignorant to say that there is a lower class of black people because of their culture or how they act. That type of thinking is racism in it's truest form. The difference (if you can really call it that) between the folks that think that and the white supremacists groups is that one group applies it to some blacks and the other group applies it to all blacks.

My black students have explained to me that there is a distinct difference between the word "******" and the word "nigga" And yes - only black people can use it with the exception of hot white chicks who like big black dicks.

Odd. When I was fixing up the nursery and her father was cursing while he was putting together our daughters crib, I really thought that most of this had been discussed to death and laid to rest in any but the most backward pockets of society. 21 Years later, and my baby girls brave new world is just as assbackwards as it was when I was born. Day um.

Growing up in Texas "******" wasn't considered a disparaging term, it was simply a descriptive term.

My black students have explained to me that there is a distinct difference between the word "******" and the word "nigga" And yes - only black people can use it with the exception of hot white chicks who like big black dicks.

Your students were wrong. I thought that since you are the teacher, you are supposed to teach, right? Allowing ignorance to spread in your classroom has the exact opposite effect of educating.

No one here is actually "saying" it. Typing it, yes, saying it, highly doubtful with a few exceptions.

if it's only racist if white people say it is not racist at all

Indeed. Chris Rock can base an entire comedy segment about it and it's hailed as insightful; yet if a white person makes the exact same observation...

Why even go through the trouble of making the observation?

Just let Chris Rock speak for you.

When the issue comes up, just say "I agree with Chris Rock" and be done with it.

:lol:

great, so everytime someone posts something you agree with, don't say a word, simply "i agree with poster X" and be done with it

Well. I would not call the lowest Black person a ******. Nor would I call the lowest White person a honkey, cracker, or trailer trash. It just reflects poorly on the person resorting to such name-calling. Show some class even for people who don’t deserve it.

I prefer the term "White *******" myself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FIBJt-c2o0]YouTube - Senator Robert Byrd says "white *******" on TV[/ame]

Forum List

Back