is there an eruption of evil in the US ?? is evil real ??

so, when the troop of chimps kills the newborn of a new female member it is evil?
If chimps can be evil can they also go to hell?

Do the good chimps get to go to heaven?

What do chimps who have no understand of right and wrong have to do with our discussion?

I think one of the points being made here is that humans have no understanding of right and wrong. So we may as well bring in other species.

The fact that we have words for right and wrong demonstrates we understand it.

TemplarKormac Killing for no reason is evil. Killing for necessity isn't.
so, when the troop of chimps kills the newborn of a new female member it is evil?

What do chimps who have no understand of right and wrong have to do with our discussion?

Chimps kill the first born of a new female to their group - killing for no reason is evil - chimps that kill for no reason must be evil.

Either chimps are evil or killing for no reason is not evil.

My points here are that many species of animal kill with no apparent reason and it is not considered evil - why is it considered evil only when people kill for an unknown reason?

If it is evil when animals do it then the animals are either capable of evil and good and therefore have a soul or it is not evil and when man does it it is only evil because it is perceived as evil by other members of mankind.

Evil is only a perception - not an actual force.

TemplarKormac Killing for no reason is evil. Killing for necessity isn't.

Chimps kill the first born of a new female to their group - killing for no reason is evil - chimps that kill for no reason must be evil.

Either chimps are evil or killing for no reason is not evil.

My points here are that many species of animal kill with no apparent reason and it is not considered evil - why is it considered evil only when people kill for an unknown reason?

If it is evil when animals do it then the animals are either capable of evil and good and therefore have a soul or it is not evil and when man does it it is only evil because it is perceived as evil by other members of mankind.

Evil is only a perception - not an actual force.

He's talking about humans. You know, the only being on this planet that knows right from wrong.

The fact that we have words for right and wrong demonstrates we understand it.

No. It doesn't. It just means we have words to justify our actions.

If there is no good or evil, we have no need to justify our actions.

That is clearly not the case. There is a constant conflict going on in everyone between what they want to do, what they have been told they should do and what society considers acceptable. For many there is a fourth conflict of what they think is right. Humans justify their actions to deal with that conflict all of the time. Good and evil is just one of the methods.

Actually the thread is about the existance of evil - not whether there are evil people.
We make decisions based on our own morality, the accepted behavior of our environment and the laws we live under.
Evil does not exist - it is a judgement made by humans on other humans. It is not some "force" or a group of supernatural beings.

If someone in society "A" submits to a process that society "B" considers an "attrocity" then that society "A" is deemed "evil" in society "B" even though those who live in society "A" consider it a normal part of life.

Having your right hand cut off for stealing would be considered attrocious here in the USA but in some countries it is common practice.

What is "normal" or "acceptable" in one culture is not what another culture would consider "normal" or "acceptable" and at the extremes it might be called evil.

"Killing for no reason is evil. Killing for necessity isn't."

"so, when the troop of chimps kills the newborn of a new female member it is evil? If chimps can be evil can they also go to hell? Do the good chimps get to go to heaven?"

"What do chimps who have no understand of right and wrong have to do with our discussion?"

"Chimps kill the first born of a new female to their group - killing for no reason is evil - chimps that kill for no reason must be evil. Either chimps are evil or killing for no reason is not evil. My points here are that many species of animal kill with no apparent reason and it is not considered evil - why is it considered evil only when people kill for an unknown reason? If it is evil when animals do it then the animals are either capable of evil and good and therefore have a soul or it is not evil and when man does it it is only evil because it is perceived as evil by other members of mankind. Evil is only a perception - not an actual force.

OMG............

"Good" and "evil" are moral aspects assigned to actions taken by people and only exist in the minds of mankind. In nature there is no "good" or "evil". There are no "good bears" or "bad bears", no "good" sharks or "bad" sharks.
We, mankind, interpret things that affect us positively as "good", but they might affect another negatively and be perceived as "evil". Mankind can aspire to be more or less than it is and so we have words to descibe how we are affected by the deeds of other members of mankind.

When a child is beaten by a man it is evil but when a child is battered by a mountain lion it is trajic that the child was attacked but the lion is only being a lion. Not "good" or "evil".

You probably do not have children. If you do, I pray for them. You are obviously evil.

Hey, all four of my children will take all the prayers you want to send!

They are happy, well adjusted with one being just a tad of a "born again" mindset but all in all they turned out remarkably well. I believe in corporal punishment for challenges to my authority and unconditional love.

If I am evil I will be judged so by one greater than you. I believe you are just mistaken but you are free to be whatever you want.

As the old saying goes it takes a village to raise a child so maybe this proverbial village should ask itself why it is raising such men. There are a lot of lost, alienated men out there who are unbalanced and sometimes may be overly fixated on violent images from different forms of media. If you ask me the media when it covers crimes such as tragic mass shootings should withhold the name of the perpetrator from the public and only cover the loss and grief of the effected families, there might be some unhinged individuals out there who may crave that kind of infamy.

Every area on earth has evil people. That doesn't make the whole country evil. Something happens when a nation embraces evil as state policy. The United States has embraced evil as state policy.

I believe people are born with the innate knowledge of what is right and wrong.

Those who have either been born with obvious mental defects or sustained some kind of physical brain damage may not be able to know the difference. Otherwise, everyone knows.

The people around you can so influence you, that after time you will igonore your inner conscience.

Criminals, if they really didn't know right from wrong would often go up to an armed cop and and try to take their wallet. If someone knows the consequences of force, they know the difference between good and evil and right from wrong.

the reason I put this thread in the clean debate zone is to debate the subject of Evil ..is Evil a force that exists ?? is it mental or spiritual or idiological ?? are we going through a wave of evil in the US with all of the mass shootings and terror attacks ect..???please refrain from blaming the left or the right or a certain group of people !!! I want to debate the force of evil itself !! NOT BLAME THE RACE,POLTICAL IDIOLOGY ,OR RELIGION OF THE PERPERTRATORS OF EVIL ACTS !! IS EVIL A FORCE THAT ACTUALY EXIST ??

Worthy question. Very worthy.

No. Evil does not exist, nor does Satan, Beelzebub, Set or the bogeyman under the bed. These are but anthropomorphisms we build for our fears. Which is silly.
Dichotomy is the analytic crutch of the simplistic.

Damn, that was easy.

Last edited:

They are happy, well adjusted with one being just a tad of a "born again" mindset but all in all they turned out remarkably well. I believe in corporal punishment for challenges to my authority and unconditional love.

If I am evil I will be judged so by one greater than you. I believe you are just mistaken but you are free to be whatever you want.

Corporal punishment for challenges to your unconditional love?

Must be interesting at your house...

:evil:

the reason I put this thread in the clean debate zone is to debate the subject of Evil ..is Evil a force that exists ?? is it mental or spiritual or idiological ?? are we going through a wave of evil in the US with all of the mass shootings and terror attacks ect..???please refrain from blaming the left or the right or a certain group of people !!! I want to debate the force of evil itself !! NOT BLAME THE RACE,POLTICAL IDIOLOGY ,OR RELIGION OF THE PERPERTRATORS OF EVIL ACTS !! IS EVIL A FORCE THAT ACTUALY EXIST ??

Of course there is evil, but, it is aided and abetted by ideology, racism and reverse racism, religion and politics.

Corporal punishment for challenges to your unconditional love?

Must be interesting at your house...

:evil:

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

Did you hear of mass school shootings back when every teacher had a paddle in the chalk tray?

Forum List

Back