Is There A God?

I suffer no doubt about what I experienced. I need no more confirmation than what was found embedded in the experience itself.

Thats fine and good.

Some people have been given only a glimpse of whats is out there, only enough to affect only themselves for good or evil.

If it has been for good, you will be given more.

This is the way it has always been..

small moves, small moves...

I agree. One day I will be a Buddha then I will be able to help many people.

People on a path tend to become what they strive to be. I hope you do help many people...

Personally I wouldn't open my mouth to teach anybody anything without having more than a personal faith that what I would be teaching them is the truth.. I wouldn't want to take that risk of presenting something as truth that could very well be the figment of my imagination and be responsible for defiling and contaminating the minds of people who are in all sincerity seeking truth. In my opinion, to mislead others, whether as a result of great errors made in my own speculations or whether I had been misled myself, would be a deliberate sin that would amount to murder.

Just something for you to think about if you like to think about things..

He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity and all that....

A Buddha can do nor harm. Neither can an Arhat or a Bodhisattva.
As long as they are human beings they will always be subject to the human condition. They will tell you the same thing.

As long as they are human beings they will always be subject to the human condition. .

" A child of God does not commit sin, because the divine seed remains in him; he cannot be a sinner because he is God's child."

"Therefore, if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature:"

I suffer no doubt about what I experienced. I need no more confirmation than what was found embedded in the experience itself.

Thats fine and good.

Some people have been given only a glimpse of whats is out there, only enough to affect only themselves for good or evil.

People on a path tend to become what they strive to be. I hope you do help many people...

Personally I wouldn't open my mouth to teach anybody anything without having more than a personal faith that what I would be teaching them is the truth.. I wouldn't want to take that risk of presenting something as truth that could very well be the figment of my imagination and be responsible for defiling and contaminating the minds of people who are in all sincerity seeking truth. In my opinion, to mislead others, whether as a result of great errors made in my own speculations or whether I had been misled myself, would be a deliberate sin that would amount to murder.

I understand the reasoning behind that belief but let me ask you, do you think it is possible for a person with absolutely no compassion to falsely claim to have attained Nirvana for completely selfish reasons?

Do you think it is possible for those who are aspiring to selflessness but have not yet been enlightened to be deceived by a person whose only motivation is power, control, and personal gain in the same way any deceptive religious cult leader takes advantage of those who are lost, confused, and seeking spiritual peace to use or discard, fleece or devour, as if the people taken in by them were nothing more than livestock, their own personal possessions??

How would the unenlightened know for sure if someone else has been enlightened or not?

How would they be able to tell the difference between an Arhat or a demon?

Are you beginning to understand the need for demonstrable and verifiable proof that even the blind could see?

What you aren't considering is that Buddhists put the teachings of the Buddha to the test as they progress along the path. We gain actual experiences and wisdom as we go. Your skepticism is merely that - skepticism.

As long as they are human beings they will always be subject to the human condition. .

" A child of God does not commit sin, because the divine seed remains in him; he cannot be a sinner because he is God's child."

"Therefore, if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature:"
....so that's why Trump denied sexually assaulting those women after bragging about doing it. That turd don't flush.

Is There A God?

Didn't you know...he got elected to the White House....and he's just like the bible says he is.....egotistical, jealous, vindictive, and makes people suffer that don't worship him.
Don't be so harsh on Barack.
You don't have to "pretend" to be stupid, do you.
Actually I thought what I wrote was pretty darn funny. If you pull the stick out of your ass you might find it funny too. It's not like anything either one of them do will affect our day to day lives.

Thats fine and good.

I understand the reasoning behind that belief but let me ask you, do you think it is possible for a person with absolutely no compassion to falsely claim to have attained Nirvana for completely selfish reasons?

Do you think it is possible for those who are aspiring to selflessness but have not yet been enlightened to be deceived by a person whose only motivation is power, control, and personal gain in the same way any deceptive religious cult leader takes advantage of those who are lost, confused, and seeking spiritual peace to use or discard, fleece or devour, as if the people taken in by them were nothing more than livestock, their own personal possessions??

How would the unenlightened know for sure if someone else has been enlightened or not?

How would they be able to tell the difference between an Arhat or a demon?

Are you beginning to understand the need for demonstrable and verifiable proof that even the blind could see?

What you aren't considering is that Buddhists put the teachings of the Buddha to the test as they progress along the path. We gain actual experiences and wisdom as we go. Your skepticism is merely that - skepticism.

No, you misunderstand. I do not doubt that people may gain wisdom through the experiences that one has when striving to become enlightened or by following one teaching or another. In the garden of life there are many trees whose fruit is pleasing to the eye and good to eat. What I am skeptical about is your faith based conclusions that your spiritual experiences were something more than the figment of an unrestrained imagination.

Why shouldn't I be skeptical when you have based your belief on nothing more than faith in your belief?

And even if you really had a bonafide spiritual experience, what makes you so sure it was a good one?

Whenever a person starts saying "we this" or "we that", I begin to wonder...

Some people do what is called speaking in tongues as if it was an exalted spiritual experience. They also base their conclusions on faith in the experience itself..

When I look at what they are doing, I see clear evidence of a disintegrated mind gibbering incoherently as if their brain itself was short circuiting or crashing like a computer infected with malware.. Its probably quite a rush, but many never return to life with a rational and sound mind. It may even technically qualify as a spiritual experience, just not a very good one..So yeah, I'm skeptical.

I tend to assume that any fruit that cannot be seen by the eye cannot be good to eat. How is it even possible to believe in something that cannot be explained rationally or understood logically? How is it even possible that introducing such a belief into the mind would do anything other than contaminate the thought process making it impossible for the mind to ever attain clarity of perception or produce fruit of its own that is pleasing to the eye and good to eat?

When I see what happens to those who eat the fruit of such a tree, I have more than enough verifiable proof for the truth of what I believe.

Last edited:
Why shouldn't I be skeptical when you have based your belief on nothing more than faith in your belief?

Wrong. I base my faith on the experiences that have come from practicing the teachings of Buddha. It's you who doesn't understand.

What I am skeptical about is your faith based conclusions that your spiritual experiences were something more than the figment of an unrestrained imagination.

This has already been addressed. If you cannot believe you see snow on the ground when it's snowing then that's your problem. I have no such problem.

How is it even possible to believe in something that cannot be explained rationally or understood logically?

What makes you think what I believe can't.

Personally I don't care what you believe and nothing you can say will have the slightest affect on my beliefs or my experiences. You'll just have to live with that.

Last edited:
And even if you really had a bonafide spiritual experience, what makes you so sure it was a good one?

That is an idiotic question.

You never even thought of the possibility?

You have a very long and arduous journey ahead....

You appear to be plagued with self doubt. You may want to work on that.

No, I doubt your claim of having a spiritual experience that indicates that you will be a Buddha one day down the road.... It is far more likely that you are just having delusions of grandeur while attempting to glom some possessions with specious falsehoods.

Wrong. I base my faith on the experiences that have come from practicing the teachings of Buddha. It's you who doesn't understand.
I understand what you told me. You have never sought to determine whether your experience was anything other than the figment of your imagination or a delusion inspired by practicing self hypnosis because you have faith.

Seriously, how do you expect people to respond to that? You want them to just believe? What kind of guru are you anyway?

Last edited:
No, I doubt your claim of having a spiritual experience that indicates that you will be a Buddha one day down the road.... It is far more likely that you are just having delusions of grandeur while attempting to glom some possessions with specious falsehoods.

So you're one of these people who are so insecure that someone else’s certainty in what they believe, feel and think, drives you to convince them that they are (at root) just as insecure and uncertain as you.

Wow, that is fucked up.

So you're one of these people who are so insecure that someone else’s certainty in what they believe, feel and think, drives you to convince them that they are (at root) just as insecure and uncertain as you.

Wow, that is fucked up.

No, I am just astonished that you would seek to teach people something as if it was the truth without ever seeking proof of the truth that you profess to believe on nothing more than faith.

Thats whats fucked up.

You can believe what you want to believe just like people who believe that they are speaking in tongues can believe whatever they want.

If you can't answer a few basic questions without falling apart, how are you ever going to be a buddha?

Hey Hobelim, maybe that car parked in your driveway isn't yours? Better get the serial # and check it against your registration.

LOL

Forum List

Back