Is the Stock Market part of the deep state?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
I hearken back to when Obama was elected. He was behind in the polls until the Stock Market began to melt down, then he regained his lead in the polls and won the election.

With the Stock Market in free fall with Trump in office, are we witnessing the same thing? Are we to expect a Stock Market crash every time a Republican is put into the Oval Office?

Institutional Traders have info the average person doesn’t have.

Indeed. If you were to create a cabal to control the country, you would naturally go after all the movers and shakers and get them on board first.

This market was waaaaaay over due for at least a correction, if not a total reset to somewhere between 15,000-18,000 on the DJIA. The reality is that presidents have little to do with the economy, and even less with the stock market.

No reason for it to fall to 15000 , not with current econ situation.....if it does there should be an investigation....I expect at most a other 2 grand ...

I hearken back to when Obama was elected. He was behind in the polls until the Stock Market began to melt down, then he regained his lead in the polls and won the election.

With the Stock Market in free fall with Trump in office, are we witnessing the same thing? Are we to expect a Stock Market crash every time a Republican is put into the Oval Office?
The stock market works like the weather, when you need it to rain it doesn't, and when you don't need rain it continues to rain...

No reason for it to fall to 15000 , not with current econ situation.....if it does there should be an investigation....I expect at most a other 2 grand ...
The drop is from the tax reform law that has investors scrambling to change course....The stock brokers don't mind, they make money selling and buying...

The drop is from the tax reform law that has investors scrambling to change course....The stock brokers don't mind, they make money selling and buying...
B's....and agree lot of brokers don't give a damn about their customer.....yesterday was bots.....posted the story....

B's....and agree lot of brokers don't give a damn about their customer.....yesterday was bots.....posted the story....
What about the A's?

Well good luck finding correlation between the stock market and the economy. That’s a fool’s errand.

It was a correction. The market skyrocketed the last year, and I'm surprised it took this long to take a hit, though it was a much bigger hit than expected. I'm one who isn't a big believer in rate increases at the moment, businesses should be willing to accept risk of inflation for ease of access to money and economic activity.

I think often times people over estimate the economic activity and it just places barriers on smaller businesses when they increase rates. If you want a healthy middle class, you need wage increases and business activity.

Some say Obama created a more artificial economy with low rates, this is partially true, but I agree with the approach (in the few economic decisions I agreed with). Let lenders focus on volume rather than easy money on higher rates. Doesn't mean you go back to NINJA mortgages, but it means you have more competition for the same borrowers.

Last edited:
This market was waaaaaay over due for at least a correction, if not a total reset to somewhere between 15,000-18,000 on the DJIA. The reality is that presidents have little to do with the economy, and even less with the stock market.

Indeed. But if the market crashes right before an election every time the GOP is in control, then we need to consider this.

Commodity markets have been proven to be controlled and manipulated.....no reason to think they don't have same capability to cause chaos on demand with stocks

Indeed. But if the market crashes right before an election every time the GOP is in control, then we need to consider this.

Dot com bubble started on Clinton’s watch.

You have a faulty memory of the situation. The Market started heading down in Oct of 2007, some 10 months before Obama was even the official nominee. There had not been a single primary and Obama was not even the favorite to win the nomination.

When I read the title of your thread, all I could do was shake my head. You Republicans are all the same.

When stock was good it was it was due to Trump being savvy. Now that it's sinking like the 1912 Titanic, it's the "deep state" fault or either Obama's fault like Hannity blamed him.

Stock market is a poor indicator of economy healthy anyway.

You have a faulty memory of the situation. The Market started heading down in Oct of 2007, some 10 months before Obama was even the official nominee. There had not been a single primary and Obama was not even the favorite to win the nomination.

Faulty memory is being too generous. It's a selective memory.

I don't see how any of this changes anything.

IF it was all planned out it worked perfectly.

Dot com bubble started on Clinton’s watch.

Sure, they can start under a Dim and have the fall out under the GOP.

It's almost as if they start the ball rolling knowing they will lose next round.

Forum List

Back