US trade gap rises to $53.1 billion in December and $566 billion in 2017, highest in nine years

Trump is worse than Obama! TRUMP IS WORSE THAN OBAMA!

US trade gap hits $566 billion in 2017, highest since 2008

The trade gap went up because Americans had more money to spend and they bought more shit. Only a moron would think that is a bad thing.

Bullshit. More jobs were off-shored under Trump in 2017, than under Obama in 2016. Fewer jobs were created under Trump in 2017 than under Obama in 2016.

The reason the balance of trade was worse for the US in 2017 than in 2016 is that Trump is failing miserably in improving US exports or manufacturing.

The trade gap went up because Americans had more money to spend and they bought more shit. Only a moron would think that is a bad thing.

Bullshit. More jobs were off-shored under Trump in 2017, than under Obama in 2016. Fewer jobs were created under Trump in 2017 than under Obama in 2016.

The reason the balance of trade was worse for the US in 2017 than in 2016 is that Trump is failing miserably in improving US exports or manufacturing.
But he wants a weak dollar.............

Look, I am about as big a Trump critic as there is, but at least I have a brain and are not just a partisan moron.

We as a country are sitting at what is considered to be full employment, the natural result of that is that fewer jobs will be created as there is nobody to fill them and more jobs will be sent overseas, again because they cannot be filled here.

It is not the job of the POTUS to control exports or manufacturing. And even if manufacturing had doubled in the last year, we would not be seeing the results in our trade this soon. Things do not turn on a dime.

But the bottom line, are trade deficit when up because we as a country spent money out of our asses, especially during the holiday season. Other countries gave us goods and we gave them our dollars, and that is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I can tell you my trade deficit with Best Buy skyrocketed over the holidays as I bought both my kids new TVs and myself a soundbar! And that was a good thing as well.

Errr, I thought that trade deficits were not a bad thing, according to Trump opponents.

YOu are sounding a awful lot like me on this issue all of a sudden.

Forum List

Back