Is the Pope Catholic?

How many women did Jesus choose to be Apostles / Priests?

Names appreciated.

Mary Magdalene

Mary Magdeline was an apostle / priest?

Wow! And I thought the OP was an ignorant fucking idiot.

Are you unaware of the Gospel of Mary Magdalene? It shows that she had a close relationship with Jesus, but was suppressed by the prevailing patriarchal society. It shows she WAS an apostle. As for priests, Jesus didn't create any, men or women.

Last edited:
Are you unaware of the Gospel of Mary Magdalene? It shows that she had a close relationship with Jesus, but was suppressed by the prevailing patriarchal society. It shows she WAS an apostle. As for priests, Jesus didn't create any, men or women.

She WASN'T an apostle - dipshit.

And Jesus DID create priests. It's that whole "breathing onto them" - not going to explain it to you/educate you on a message board.

Grow a brain and educate yourself on the topic of which you don't know jack shit.

And Jesus DID create priests. It's that whole "breathing onto them" - not going to explain it to you/educate you on a message board.

Grow a brain and educate yourself on the topic of which you don't know jack shit.

According to the gospel she was. How do you know Jesus didn't "breathe unto her"? The gospel is fragmentary, so you have no evidence to say he didn't.

According to the gospel she was. How do you know Jesus didn't "breathe unto her"? The gospel is fragmentary, so you have no evidence to say he didn't.

Mary's gospel is non-canonical, i.e. irrelevant.

Grow a brain.

Mary's gospel is non-canonical, i.e. irrelevant.

Grow a brain.

So what? Evidence is evidence. What you're calling "canonical" are books the bishops figured wouldn't get them in trouble with a patriarchal Roman Empire. That doesn't make the others necessarily false or lacking insight into the life of Jesus.

So what? Evidence is evidence. What you're calling "canonical" are books the bishops figured wouldn't get them in trouble with a patriarchal Roman Empire. That doesn't make the others necessarily false or lacking insight into the life of Jesus.

I didn't say it was false - I said it's non-canonical

Anything else you'd like to add to the Catholic faith to conform it to your liking? How about abortions and same-sex marriages?

I suggest you bring your recommendations to the Vatican. I'm sure they'll get right on it.

I didn't say it was false - I said it's non-canonical

Anything else you'd like to add to the Catholic faith to conform it to your liking? How about abortions and same-sex marriages?

I suggest you bring your recommendations to the Vatican. I'm sure they'll get right on it.

Ordaining female priests would be cool; the prohibition isn't canonical. Allow priests to marry. That prohibition isn't canonical, either.

Ordaining female priests would be cool; the prohibition isn't canonical. Allow priests to marry. That prohibition isn't canonical, either.

Fortunately, the Catholic Church doesn't do what you feel is "cool" or "feels good." If you want that, try something like the Lutheran's or a snake-charmer.

Fortunately, the Catholic Church doesn't do what you feel is "cool" or "feels good." If you want that, try something like the Lutheran's or a snake-charmer.

No, they'd rather have an unmarried totally male priesthood. Unfortunately, along with the truly truly-called, spiritual priests you also get too many of those who've caused sex scandals.

Folk Masses were pretty cool, so it isn't unheard of for the RCC. :eusa_angel:

Mary Magdalene

Contrary to what you may think, Dan Brown books are fiction.

I'm not basing my posts on Dan Brown, but on the Gospel of Mary Magdalene.

No, they'd rather have an unmarried totally male priesthood. Unfortunately, along with the truly truly-called, spiritual priests you also get too many of those who've caused sex scandals.

It's quite clear to me why priests are men. If it's not clear to you, then educate yourself. You'll also discover the overwhelming majority of pedophiles behind bars are NOT Priests. They're common, everyday people, like you.

Keep living in your parallel universe then .

It's quite clear to me why priests are men. If it's not clear to you, then educate yourself. You'll also discover the overwhelming majority of pedophiles behind bars are NOT Priests. They're common, everyday people, like you.

If it's so clear, then you should be able to easily say why. I'm quite educated, thank you. I think what you really want is for people to be sheeple.

As for pedophiles in prison what you SHOULD be asking is why priests as a profession are more highly represented than others?

Which is irrelevant to Christians.

Thanks.

That may be true, but I'm more concerned with what's relevant to Jesus and am interested in anything that can fill in the blank spots. I'm trying to find out what was written before the "book burners" you honor censored the record.

Forum List

Back