Is the GOP racist for Obamablocking the SC nomination?

Many key congressional republicans have vowed to not even consider a hearing or vote to nominate a new Supreme Court Justice if it is an Obama appointee. There have been accusations from the Left claiming that this is an example of the GOP's racist bigotry against the President. What do you think?

My Opinion: The GOP is being childish, partisan and divisive... Why they can't even consider a nominee simply because he/she comes from a Democratic President is embarrassing and the cause for why most of America is frustrated with Washington... This is the problem!!! The Left has plenty of ammo to go after the GOP but it is unnecessary to play the race card. The GOP doesn't like the President, there is no mystery there, but to call it racism is cheap and it distracts from the issue at hand. FAIL on both sides of the isle on this one.

What does racism have to do with it? The SCOTUS needs a conservative judge. If we were to get another Liberal judge then we can watch this country slide into perdition. Look it up.
Your logic is completely stupid if the GOP is even refusing to even hear the nomination. They have no idea who it is yet. This is pathetic, immature, partisan bullshit.
Was Joe Biden stupid when he advocated for the Democrats to do exactly the same thing in 1992?
I don't care who it is... The partisan bullshit from both sides needs to go.
I would agree with you if the times were normal, i.e., a SCOTUS judge was not in the offing. There is too much at stake in getting a Justice who adheres to the meaning of the Constitution rather than making it something it is not.
Once a Justice is in place, I agree with you that we need to compromise across the aisle, but I do think we need new Congress people to achieve that. The congress that we have now have dig in their heels and won't budge.

Many key congressional republicans have vowed to not even consider a hearing or vote to nominate a new Supreme Court Justice if it is an Obama appointee. There have been accusations from the Left claiming that this is an example of the GOP's racist bigotry against the President. What do you think?

My Opinion: The GOP is being childish, partisan and divisive... Why they can't even consider a nominee simply because he/she comes from a Democratic President is embarrassing and the cause for why most of America is frustrated with Washington... This is the problem!!! The Left has plenty of ammo to go after the GOP but it is unnecessary to play the race card. The GOP doesn't like the President, there is no mystery there, but to call it racism is cheap and it distracts from the issue at hand. FAIL on both sides of the isle on this one.

What does racism have to do with it? The SCOTUS needs a conservative judge. If we were to get another Liberal judge then we can watch this country slide into perdition. Look it up.
Your logic is completely stupid if the GOP is even refusing to even hear the nomination. They have no idea who it is yet. This is pathetic, immature, partisan bullshit.
Obama today said he is considering nominating the Conservative Republican Nevada Governor. Of course it's partisan.We don't need a Progressive Liberal OWO justice on the SCOTUS.
Someone who isn't even a judge? Lord help us!
He was a Federal District Court judge, appointed by Bush and he was the Attorney General for Nevada and is a centrist. He should be OK unless he was voodooed by Obama..

Obama today said he is considering nominating the Conservative Republican Nevada Governor. Of course it's partisan.We don't need a Progressive Liberal OWO justice on the SCOTUS.
So he is nominating a conservative and your problem is?
View attachment 64680
God your stupidity is too much for me
Your logic that a standing Governor is appropriate is bothersome. It's imperative that we get a Constitutional Scholar or perhaps a sitting judge with a solid background of following the Constitution.

View attachment 64680
Fvck you very much,Dildo.

He was a Federal District Court judge, appointed by Bush and he was the Attorney General for Nevada and is a centrist. He should be OK unless he was voodooed by Obama..
Who is it?

They are racist for opposing the Voting Rights Act, which is what is at stake in replacing Scalia.

The very fact that black people are voting in the Democratic primaries shows that there is no concerted Republican effort to stop them from voting nor is there any effort to repeal or change the Voting Rights Act. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Who is it?
  • Governor Sandoval - Official Site
    gov.nv.gov/About/Governor-Brian-Sandoval

Brian Sandoval was elected Governor of Nevada on November 2, 2010. He took the oath of office before Chief Justice Michael Douglas shortly after Noon on January 3, 2011.

it's their Constituents demanding them to do it. Of course the Progressives like Obama will play more games on the people only FOR HIS agenda by playing the race card. dividing and spreading hate is that parties number one tactic. I don't know how anyone supports what that party does to us.
I agree that is divisive and classless, however, I see way more of it on the Right than the Left. Fact is, both sides have a problem and I have no clue how we will bring both sides back together... its gonna take one hell of a leader to do it and unfortunately I don't see anybody running for the job in this round that has the Character to do it.

I beg to differ, the radicals in the progressive party like Obama is the biggest divider and stirrer of hate. Just like this with the Supreme Court. Forever they have elected to NOT put in a replacement until after the elections. so what does that puke leftist President do. he runs out before the body was cold to stir up crap on us demanding he wants to nominate someone. they are the worst for it. that's why they are throwing out the RACIST card again.
If you can't see the partisanship, lies, fear mongering, and divide being fostered from the Right then you are blind my friend. It is far worst than what comes from the left, although, as I've stated, both sides are guilty.

I'm tired of hearing about this fictitious precedent about not putting in a replacement during election years. Stop regurgitating the BS that the media is spoon feeding you. Name how many times in the past a justice has died in last year of a presidents term and that president has not nominated a replacement. It has NEVER happened!

Who is it?
  • Governor Sandoval - Official Site
    gov.nv.gov/About/Governor-Brian-Sandoval

Brian Sandoval was elected Governor of Nevada on November 2, 2010. He took the oath of office before Chief Justice Michael Douglas shortly after Noon on January 3, 2011.
I read his bio and it is impressive, but I personally looking for something that will tell me about his background in Constitutional expertise. I would prefer a Constitutional Scholar.

Last edited:

it's their Constituents demanding them to do it. Of course the Progressives like Obama will play more games on the people only FOR HIS agenda by playing the race card. dividing and spreading hate is that parties number one tactic. I don't know how anyone supports what that party does to us.
I agree that is divisive and classless, however, I see way more of it on the Right than the Left. Fact is, both sides have a problem and I have no clue how we will bring both sides back together... its gonna take one hell of a leader to do it and unfortunately I don't see anybody running for the job in this round that has the Character to do it.

I beg to differ, the radicals in the progressive party like Obama is the biggest divider and stirrer of hate. Just like this with the Supreme Court. Forever they have elected to NOT put in a replacement until after the elections. so what does that puke leftist President do. he runs out before the body was cold to stir up crap on us demanding he wants to nominate someone. they are the worst for it. that's why they are throwing out the RACIST card again.
If you can't see the partisanship, lies, fear mongering, and divide being fostered from the Right then you are blind my friend. It is far worst than what comes from the left, although, as I've stated, both sides are guilty.

I'm tired of hearing about this fictitious precedent about not putting in a replacement during election years. Stop regurgitating the BS that the media is spoon feeding you. Name how many times in the past a justice has died in last year of a presidents term and that president has not nominated a replacement. It has NEVER happened!
There is not precedent because there has never been an opening in an election year. The closest that has occurred when Biden, the head of the Judicial Committee made his famous speech that they (Democrats) would not allow an appointee during an election year if it should occur. Partisanship is going to be dominant during this time for the appointment of the next Justice. We need an unbiased justice, but one who is not an activist.

View attachment 64680
Yeah I'm sure you say that to all your dildos.

View attachment 64680
Yeah I'm sure you say that to all your dildos.
Very funny, Clyde. Now quit humping my leg.

There is not precedent because there has never been an opening in an election year. The closest that has occurred when Biden, the head of the Judicial Committee made his famous speech that they (Democrats) would not allow an appointee during an election year if it should occur. Partisanship is going to be dominant during this time for the appointment of the next Justice. We need an unbiased justice, but one who is not an activist.
Biden made that speech to an empty chamber of the Senate or Congress, after everyone went home, to put on the record his ''thoughts'', did NOT make a media circus out of it and most importantly, he made it June 25th, AFTER the primary season, with both party conventions over and in the election ''season'' with the contentious elected candidates of the 2 parties, then running against each other...

FOUR MONTHS from now, in the election process....

There is plenty of time in these 4 months to appoint and vet SC contenders before the parties have their candidates running against each other in the presidential election period after the Conventions are over and candidates picked, imo.

as
Hypocrisy.... you fucking DemoRATS have a choke hold on it!

What does that say about the Right who took Schumers statement of "not nominating a Bush appointee unless under extreme circumstances" and pumping it up with steroids into "We will not even consider holding a hearing to discuss or vote on a nominee" You have to admit that is absurd and serves no productive purpose. If these dudes were employees I have no doubt they would be fired.

as

What does that say about the Right who took Schumers statement of "not nominating a Bush appointee unless under extreme circumstances" and pumping it up with steroids into "We will not even consider holding a hearing to discuss or vote on a nominee" You have to admit that is absurd and serves no productive purpose. If these dudes were employees I have no doubt they would be fired.

Ok, dimwit, quote the Constitution where it says the Senate MUST hold hearings and gives a specified time in order to do so!....This will be interesting!

Schumer: Don't use my 2007 speech to justify blocking Obama nominee

Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said his pledge to stop a nomination by then-President George W. Bush is an "apples to oranges comparison" to the current vacancy because he would have at least entertained the nomination and voted on it.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has signaled he won't even take up an Obama nominee and has declared Scalia's replacement should be chosen by the next president.

"Senator McConnell's attempt to justify his unprecedented obstruction with my speech is completely misleading and patently false," Schumer wrote on the website Medium.

"Every single senator has a right to vote no on any given nominee," Schumer wrote. "I've opposed some nominees who are out of the mainstream, my friends on the other side of the aisle have opposed some nominees they believe are out of the mainstream, and this pattern may well continue. But the wisdom of the Founding Fathers dictates that we should go through a full vetting and confirmation process so that we and the nation can determine whether these candidates are out of the mainstream even in this ideological era."

Shortly after Scalia's death was announced on Saturday, McConnell issued a statement suggesting the GOP-majority Senate won't take up an Obama nominee to the high court.

as

Ok, dimwit, quote the Constitution where it says the Senate MUST hold hearings and gives a specified time in order to do so!....This will be interesting!

Im not saying the Senate MUST do anything Mr. almighty intellectual... I'm saying they're attitude is childish, partisan and they should grow the fuck up. They are feeding the beast that is destroying Washington and our government by doing what they are doing. The Left does it too as I mentioned with the ridiculous racism tag. At some point something needs to change or the inching along that we've been doing is going to become a total deadlock.

Schumer: Don't use my 2007 speech to justify blocking Obama nominee

Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said his pledge to stop a nomination by then-President George W. Bush is an "apples to oranges comparison" to the current vacancy because he would have at least entertained the nomination and voted on it.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has signaled he won't even take up an Obama nominee and has declared Scalia's replacement should be chosen by the next president.

"Senator McConnell's attempt to justify his unprecedented obstruction with my speech is completely misleading and patently false," Schumer wrote on the website Medium.

"Every single senator has a right to vote no on any given nominee," Schumer wrote. "I've opposed some nominees who are out of the mainstream, my friends on the other side of the aisle have opposed some nominees they believe are out of the mainstream, and this pattern may well continue. But the wisdom of the Founding Fathers dictates that we should go through a full vetting and confirmation process so that we and the nation can determine whether these candidates are out of the mainstream even in this ideological era."

Shortly after Scalia's death was announced on Saturday, McConnell issued a statement suggesting the GOP-majority Senate won't take up an Obama nominee to the high court.

BULLSHIT, lying leftist propaganda.....

CAL THOMAS: Democrats hypocritical on Supreme Court nominee
Washington Times‎ - 6 hours ago

Democrats Stunning Hypocrisy On Blocking Supreme Court ...
www.redstate.com/.../democrats-stunning-hypocrisy-blocking-s...
RedState
Feb 17, 2016 - The way Democrats are behaving with respect to the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia and the move to have him replaced, you'd ...

The Tables Have Turned: Dems Passed Resolution In 1960 ...
dailycaller.com/.../the-tables-have-turned-dems-passed-r...
The Daily Caller
Feb 17, 2016 - Senate Democrats passed a resolution in 1960 to prevent a recess appointment in the Supreme Court.

Forum List

Back