Is suborning perjury an impeachable offense?

Is suborning perjury an impeachable offense.

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it depends on who we are talking about

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bodecea

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Will.Trade.Racists.For.Refugees
Not saying whether trump did that or not...just asking if that crime (and it IS a crime) is enough for everyone to agree it's an impeachable offense regardless of who the offender is.

Not saying whether trump did that or not...just asking if that crime (and it IS a crime) is enough for everyone to agree it's an impeachable offense regardless of who the offender is.

It should be but at the end of the day it's up to Congress to determine whether it rises to the level of "high crimes and misdemeanors". :dunno:

Nothing Trump does is a crime so you will just have to wait.

I would say anything is an impeachable offense, if you have the votes.

But like all things, just because you can does not necessarily mean you should.

Raise your hand if you want Mike Pence is your president.

The fact of the matter is Congress decides what's an impeachable offense. Andrew Johnson was impeached for firing a Cabinet member that Congress didn't want fired. He was not convicted by the Senate , of course.

If enough members of the House decide "this is an impeachable offense" there really is no appeal, they are the deciders.

Clinton perjured himself, was impeached and saw out his term. So I’m guessing this isn’t enough to remove Trump.
Clinton wasn't impeached...............he was acquitted...

Fase, clinton like Johnson WAS impeached by the house , and then not convicted by the Senate.

Impeachment is done by the House, conviction, or acquittal by the Senate.

The answer is yes and no. Suborning perjury is a crime. Is it an impeachable defense? Depends.

What is the nature of the lie? Is it about sex? Probably not an impeachable office. Is it about a break-in into an office complex? Then it is.

Whether it is an impeachable offense depends on the crime being covered up or lied about.

Clinton perjured himself, was impeached and saw out his term. So I’m guessing this isn’t enough to remove Trump.
That's not the same crime tho.....I'm talking about suborning someone to commit perjury.
I don't know about this "suborning" thing. Cohen wasn't his slave. He had the opportunity to say no.

Is lying about a blowjob an impeachable offense?

Forum List

Back