Is Social Security Broken?

And it's that "Oppositional Defiant Disorder" that is clogging up the system....

A whole year before you MIGHT see a benefit check. If your claim doesn't get denied first and you have to retain a lawyer who will get a sizeable portion of your back benefits....

This is a scam of epic proportions.

If I had put the money I or You paid into SS into a simple DJI mutual fund or any index fund we would be swimming in 5x the money and the Government would prosecute anyone who behaved as they are trying to keep us from getting it.

As it currently sits they take 40% of your savings and make you wait a year before they deny your claim.

What a way to say "YOU DONT MATTER ANYMORE "
At some point Medicare/Medicaid will be reformed due to what is afforded. Obama was one of some populations who made a statement on it. He spouted that each person would receive 2 million dollars in their lifetime for medical problems. That is for medical bills. Then take the pain pill. 2 million dollars sounds like a lot. Perhaps. Perhaps not. The sickliest and the elderly sickly most likely will pass on sooner with this plan. The disability people we will find out how many truly deserve to collect also.

I believe Democrats raided social security and handed the cash to illegal aliens.
Actually both parties raided Social Security.
Congress (under Reagan) began taxing SS payments. Meaning the average retirement income was cut 30% immediately.

Then you have the daffodils that were allowed benefits even though they had never paid into the system in any meaningful manner. Drunks and addicts alike started getting benefits for their chemical dependency issues.

Then there's all the mental health patients that get payments....

And now we have illegal aliens getting payments through fraud.

SOCIAL SECURITY takes about 3months to start.
SSI is different, people with Easy to determine reasons get approved RIGHT AWAY.
What takes time is those not so straight forward claims USUALLY get denied,
Then those people get a lawyer who knows all the loop holes & they push to pass for approval.
My opinion is that too many people are getting SSI that have not earned it.

SOCIAL SECURITY takes about 3months to start.
SSI is different, people with Easy to determine reasons get approved RIGHT AWAY.
What takes time is those not so straight forward claims USUALLY get denied,
Then those people get a lawyer who knows all the loop holes & they push to pass for approval.
My opinion is that too many people are getting SSI that have not earned it.
That's not true.
Amputees and veterans with obvious disabilities are getting denied.
Almost EVERYONE who files is instantly denied benefits regardless. And the initial denial takes a year to get through the system.

The exceptions are those who are related to the President or some other elected official or someone who is going to die long before they can get approved normally.

Read the Reddit post I linked to. It explains more.

But basically even though you have savings you are going to become completely destitute before you get your benefits that you have paid for.

Forum List

Back