Is sex a human right?

Amanda

Calm as a Hindu cow
Nov 28, 2008
I didn't want to derail the "Cheating' thread so I thought I'd start this one to ask:

Is sex a human right? And I'd like to expand that to include: Can you expect sex from your partner if you are married?

So, whatcha think?

It's a method of reproduction and an animal instinct, one which too few even resist. As I say, humans are just livestock.

Marriage is a contract and sex is part of that contract. Unless both parties agree that sex is no longer part of said contract then one party refusing is grounds for dissolving the contract. And the party refusing can be held liable for the failure of the marriage unless they can show just cause as to why they refused sex.

Marriage is a contract and sex is part of that contract. Unless both parties agree that sex is no longer part of said contract then one party refusing is grounds for dissolving the contract. And the party refusing can be held liable for the failure of the marriage unless they can show just cause as to why they refused sex.

Weird .. you live in a weird world.

How? Go ahead and explain how a normal marriage is not a contract between two people that INCLUDES sex with each other.

It's the same world you live in.

It's the same world you live in.

It just doesn't seem like it .... never heard of anyone so mindless to think that sex and relationships are the same thing ... it's just not natural.

I didn't want to derail the "Cheating' thread so I thought I'd start this one to ask:

Is sex a human right? And I'd like to expand that to include: Can you expect sex from your partner if you are married?

So, whatcha think?

Is it a human right? I don't think so ... you need to get another human to consent to have sex with you.

Expect it from your partner?

Of course. There are exceptions obiviously ... physically unable to perform or if you are fighting ... things of that nature. But if your partner refuses to have sex with you (and I'm not talking once or twice here) for no good reason then that's grounds for ending that relationship, IMO.

So, whatcha think?

I haven't read the rest of the posts yet - deliberately.

Is it a human right? No. It's a negotiable matter.

Can you expect sex from your spouse? No.

I'll read the thread now.

It is not a human right but it should be a consensual marital right and an act of love or sexual release between 2 consenting adults.If all else fails, DIY, Davids has to.

it is not a right....it is a gift.....

True. But the law says that if your spouse denies sex for a year, that gives you the right to be divorced because you have been "constructively abandoned". So in a sense, you have a right to sex with your spouse. The frequency, manner... whole different story.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who saw sex as an "obligation". That would have to suck.

True. But the law says that if your spouse denies sex for a year, that gives you the right to be divorced because you have been "constructively abandoned". So in a sense, you have a right to sex with your spouse. The frequency, manner... whole different story.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who saw sex as an "obligation". That would have to suck.

Wait, in the other thread you are insisting marriage is just a legal contract.

actually, "legal contract" was your words. I saw marriage is a construct of the state and is intended to deal with property rights. there are over 1,300 rights and obligaqtions which arise from a marriage.

i'm not sure what your point is.

actually, "legal contract" was your words. I saw marriage is a construct of the state and is intended to deal with property rights. there are over 1,300 rights and obligaqtions which arise from a marriage.

i'm not sure what your point is.

1,300 ? No wonder I got divorced. :lol:

too much pressure, eh? heh...

I just can't even remember that many things at once. I think sex is a human experience that we have a right to participate in. Our chemically drive to have it is strong. We just can't force others to participate nor would it be as pleasurable. As men and womens sexual drives differ in nature and purpose it requires humans to communicate, compromise take showers once in awhile.

Forum List

Back