Is Russell Wilson a HOFer?

Russell Wilson had the best pocket presence I ever saw. Not wild scrambling when the pocket collapses but taking a few steps to buy more time.
I disagree. Did you just watch highlights, or the entire game?

I have watched EVERY Seahawk game, EVER, and certainly all of the RW games.
I haven't missed a single game.

RW has the WORST pocket presence I have ever seen.
He does this Wild Scramble thing you say he doesn't.
When he had protection, he was a great deep ball thrower.
Tyler Lockett was the beneficiary of many RW wild scrambles, because Tyler knows how to find that spot.

I thank RW, PC and JS for that Super Bowl 48 XLVIII

But RW nearly led the league in sacks every year, because of his piss poor pocket awareness. He literally caused at least 1/2 of the sacks.

Okay, ask any historian.. who is a bigger deal in NFL History.. Joe Namath or Big Ben.

I'll wait.

Post a list of all time great QBs where Namath is ahead of Rothlisberger. I’ll wait.

Raiders fan? Al Davis and speed?
Loved the Raiders growing up. One of my old high school alumnus was Marcus Allen. I graduated some years ahead of him, but knew his entire family and went to the same church in the same community. I also followed the Chiefs since Len Dawson was their QB, mainly because my parents were from the KC area, and were diehard Chiefs fans. So this coming Monday will be a big event in my house….Lol

While we're on the subject of SB victories mattering...

Peyton Manning v. Eli Manning.

One has 1 SB...one has 2 SB.

Does anyone think Eli is a HOF QB but Peyton is not?

While we're on the subject of SB victories mattering...

Peyton Manning v. Eli Manning.

One has 1 SB...one has 2 SB.

Does anyone think Eli is a HOF QB but Peyton is not?

He had some impressive stats, plus two SB wins against Brady and the Patriots, and was MVP in both wins, and of course the "Manning Name" counts for something.

However he also had some stats that were not really HOF like numbers:

117-117 win-loss record as a starter

Led the league in interceptions three times (2007, '10, '13)

Six playoff berths in 16 years

Plus he had the challenge of playing in the same era as
Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers, who all will likely go in on their first year of eligibility. I think it's a toss up.

But after seeing his play so far this year if he doesn’t turn it around that’s in question.

In his 10 years with Seattle his record was 104-56-1, with two Super Bowl appearances and one championship.

Not too shabby.

But, by all means, rate his worthiness for the Hall of Fame based on five games with a new team...

Post a list of all time great QBs where Namath is ahead of Rothlisberger. I’ll wait.
1. Different eras, need more factors considered
2. Greatness in sports history isn’t always bland career numbers. There’s special exceptions like Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier as a legendary day in sports, I don’t think that can be debated

1. Different eras, need more factors considered
2. Greatness in sports history isn’t always bland career numbers. There’s special exceptions like Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier as a legendary day in sports, I don’t think that can be debated
The difference being that Jackie Robinson was actually elite at his position. Something Joe Namath never was. His team beating the Colts doesnt change that. How many TD's did Namath throw in that game? Namath played in a total of 3 PO games in his CAREER. He threw 3 TD's and 4 int's He's not a HOF'er. 66-70-4 is his win loss record. 173 TD's vs 220 int's Not a HOF'er. 50% completion percentage. NOT A HOF'er. Only one year in his career did he throw more TD's than picks. NOT A FUCKING HOF'ER.

BTW still waiting for that link to anyone saying Namath was better than Rothlisberger or Wilson for that matter.

But his numbers in Seattle were good.

They don't count for anything?
So are Geno Smith's... Had Wilson stayed in Seattle and continued on the trajectory he was on there I dont think this debate is happening. Him leaving and his play in Denver coupled with Smith's success puts those numbers in question. Was it Russ or the system. That debate happened ot some degree with Brady when he left NE for Tampa during that first off season. Was it Brady or Belichick. Had Brady gone to Tampa and flopped and NE done well with Cam, or Jones, people would be asking some of these same questions.

So are Geno Smith's... Had Wilson stayed in Seattle and continued on the trajectory he was on there I dont think this debate is happening. Him leaving and his play in Denver coupled with Smith's success puts those numbers in question. Was it Russ or the system. That debate happened ot some degree with Brady when he left NE for Tampa during that first off season. Was it Brady or Belichick. Had Brady gone to Tampa and flopped and NE done well with Cam, or Jones, people would be asking some of these same questions.

Please tell me you're not trying to compare Geno Smith to Russell Wilson. Geno Smith's numbers at Seattle are dismal' a record of 3-4 over the last three years.

The inescapable fact here is that Wilson had a stellar career with HOF numbers. Calling all of that into question five games into a season with a new team is just silly.

And it doesn't really matter if it's the player or the "system"...

Please tell me you're not trying to compare Geno Smith to Russell Wilson. Geno Smith's numbers at Seattle are dismal' a record of 3-4 over the last three years.

The inescapable fact here is that Wilson had a stellar career with HOF numbers. Calling all of that into question five games into a season with a new team is just silly.

And it doesn't really matter if it's the player or the "system"...
I didnt say Geno was a HOF'er based on the 4 games he's played this year, or that he has HOF numbers. But his numbers are top 10 so far in that system. That's just a fact. That coupled with Russ's dismal performance so far this year calls his numbers in Seattle into question. And Wilson never had off the charts numbers in Seattle to begin with. They were a defensive, run centric offense. It's why he wanted to leave in the first place.
He's only been in the top 10 in passing stats 4 times in his career and never above 6. (The other 3 times were twice at 9 and once at 10). If Geno ends up at 9 or 10 he's on par with what Wilson produced at his best in Seattle.

I didnt say Geno was a HOF'er based on the 4 games he's played this year, or that he has HOF numbers. But his numbers are top 10 so far in that system. That's just a fact. That coupled with Russ's dismal performance so far this year calls his numbers in Seattle into question. And Wilson never had off the charts numbers in Seattle to begin with. They were a defensive, run centric offense. It's why he wanted to leave in the first place.
He's only been in the top 10 in passing stats 4 times in his career and never above 6. (The other 3 times were twice at 9 and once at 10). If Geno ends up at 9 or 10 he's on par with what Wilson produced at his best in Seattle.

The fatal flaw in your reasoning is that getting into the HOF requires a look at the entire career, not just five games.

You suggested that his numbers were actually because of the system and not because he's a really good quarterback. I suppose that's fair, but I can turn that right around on you and say, with the Broncos, he's a really good quarterback playing within a flawed system.

Look at Junior Seau. He didn't get into the HOF because of his stats with the Patriots or the Dolphins. He got into the HOF because of his performance with the Chargers. His post-Chargers numbers sucked in comparison, just as Russell's post-Seahawks numbers do now...

Forum List

Back