Is Romney Electable

Romney electable? Good question. I told my mom he'd be the nominee months ago and pose a serious threat to Obama. Now I'm much less confident in his candidacy.
It's not just his constant gaffes - which will undoubtedly be transformed into soundbites. It's that Santorum has forced Romney to continue moving further and further to The Right and away from The Center - the votes which decide the election.
The GOP should be discussing one thing only: The Economy (including unemployment). Instead, they are allowing themselves to be distracted by social issues and instead of rolling around them and going back to the economy, Santorum is FOCUSING on these issues. IDIOT!!! Obama's approval with women has shot up TEN points in the last three weeks, thanks to this whackjobbery. According to Gallup (who leans Right), Obama has lost nothing with Catholics.
Where Obama was tied with Romney on RCP three months ago, he now leads by 7+ points in the aggregate of all polls. By the time Romney is confirmed, severe damage will have been done.
If I were advising Obama, I would tell him to throw out a new red herring concerning Affirmative Action, SB1070 or something along those lines. Bait the GOP to run to the Extreme Right again and guarantee Obama the minority vote - which is expected to break all records at 30%+ in the 2012 popular vote - and again, keeping them talking about something OTHER THAN unemployment and the economy.
Obama may or may not be a good president but Axelrod and Plouffe are as skilled a political machine as I have ever seen, and their product (Obama) is good at following their advice.
Romney's advisors seem to pale in comparison. They seem to be completely reactive instead of proactive. In tennis, this is called "Letting the other player dictate play".
If Romney is going to have a realistic shot in the General Election, he can't wait until after the GOP Convention to begin dictating play. By then it will be too late - especially if the economy continues on even a mildly positive trend.
If obamaturd got elected, anybody can. At least Romney can prove his eligibility. We are still waiting for obamaturd to.

Um, errr, well um yes. The most insightful posts always have the word "turd" in them I suppose...
So the Birther issue, eh? Hmmm. Yeah. Okay, you guys run with the Birther issue and contraception and see how that works...

The birther issue was great. Obama was forced to spend his cash to defend, then trump punked him. :lol: But what I liked best was the white house emphatically stated they would not release it on principle.:lol:

If obamaturd got elected, anybody can. At least Romney can prove his eligibility. We are still waiting for obamaturd to.

Um, errr, well um yes. The most insightful posts always have the word "turd" in them I suppose...
So the Birther issue, eh? Hmmm. Yeah. Okay, you guys run with the Birther issue and contraception and see how that works...

The birther issue was great. Obama was forced to spend his cash to defend, then trump punked him. :lol: But what I liked best was the white house emphatically stated they would not release it on principle.:lol:

Trump punked Obama? Yeah uh focusing on that issue really helped his presidential bid! :lol::lol::lol:

Romney has at least one very big plus - Obama's record. I know Dems love it, but nobody else does.

Snag is, ‘dems’ elect presidents.

And that’s why Romney won’t be president: he isn’t going to attract enough democrats and independents needed to win.

4) General Creepiness and unlikability. Sorry, the guy you want to have a beer with usually wins.

That’s actually the only factor needed to be listed.

And teleprompters, don't forget the teleprompters.

Trying to get this discussion back to the subject or Romney's "electablity", here's where I see the tactical problem.

The Democrats are alway going to carry, Hawaii, the Northeast and the West coast, giving them 190 Electoral votes. In this case, because he's from IL, Obama will also get 20 for that state. So he's already got 210 baked into the pie.

The Republicans will always take the Deep South and the unpopulated states of the Great Plains. That gives them 159 votes.

The states that are in play are, The Midwest states, the southwest states and the perfial southern states .

Now, Romney may do well in the Southwest states becauset here are a lot of his fellow Mormon Cultists there. So he might take back Nevada, and might keep Arizona. Colorado might even be a possibility for him, but I don't hink New Mexico is. So that Brings him up to 185, but Obama up to 215.

There are the "Southern Perifery States- MO, FL, VA and NC. If Obama swept all four, he'd win. We wouldn't even have to go to the midwest. But let's be generous and split them. Let's say Romney takes Florida and NC, Obama gets VA and MO. The count is now 238 Obama, 229 Romney. Now it's getting a bit closer.

But once you get to the Midwest, Romney is well and screwed. Obama easily takes Wisconsin, Minnesota and yes, Michigan. That puts him over 274 and he wins, easily.

Iowa never had any great love for Romney, so we can give that to Obama because he's from a neighboring state. Obama's up to 280.

Indiana we can give to Romney. Obama taking it last time was kind of a fluke. I'll even be generous and give him Ohio. That still only puts him at 258.

So really, best case scenario for Romney, he still loses.

I think, though, more generously, Obama will also take NC, FL, CO, OH, and NV. I think the only state that McCain lost that Romney will retake is Indiana.

Trump punked Obama? Yeah uh focusing on that issue really helped his presidential bid! :lol::lol::lol:

Are you being intentionally stupid?

Which would be normal as he was already president.

Trying to get this discussion back to the subject or Romney's "electablity", here's where I see the tactical problem.

The Democrats are alway going to carry, Hawaii, the Northeast and the West coast, giving them 190 Electoral votes. In this case, because he's from IL, Obama will also get 20 for that state. So he's already got 210 baked into the pie.

The Republicans will always take the Deep South and the unpopulated states of the Great Plains. That gives them 159 votes.

The states that are in play are, The Midwest states, the southwest states and the perfial southern states .

Now, Romney may do well in the Southwest states becauset here are a lot of his fellow Mormon Cultists there. So he might take back Nevada, and might keep Arizona. Colorado might even be a possibility for him, but I don't hink New Mexico is. So that Brings him up to 185, but Obama up to 215.

There are the "Southern Perifery States- MO, FL, VA and NC. If Obama swept all four, he'd win. We wouldn't even have to go to the midwest. But let's be generous and split them. Let's say Romney takes Florida and NC, Obama gets VA and MO. The count is now 238 Obama, 229 Romney. Now it's getting a bit closer.

But once you get to the Midwest, Romney is well and screwed. Obama easily takes Wisconsin, Minnesota and yes, Michigan. That puts him over 274 and he wins, easily.

Iowa never had any great love for Romney, so we can give that to Obama because he's from a neighboring state. Obama's up to 280.

Indiana we can give to Romney. Obama taking it last time was kind of a fluke. I'll even be generous and give him Ohio. That still only puts him at 258.

So really, best case scenario for Romney, he still loses.

I think, though, more generously, Obama will also take NC, FL, CO, OH, and NV. I think the only state that McCain lost that Romney will retake is Indiana.

You're actually more generous than I am. I'm putting Obama at 290 and Romney at 248. But an excellent analysis - very intelligently forwarded.

Are you being intentionally stupid?

Which would be normal as he was already president.

LOL! Then in contrast the the highly intelligent post above, we have this one! Let me dumb this down for ya junior:
I was referring to Trump. Ya see, Trump was talking about a bid for president. Then he brought up the Birther issue. A lot. Then he was made to look like a complete ass. And America laughed at The Donald! And any chance he had of running, went the way of the last four companies he filed Chapter 11 for! Bye Bye Donald! :lol:

Glad I could help you understand! If you want to know more, that Joe guy above seems pretty intelligent! Or you could go find one of those Liberal Elitists to help you learn how to post about the topic!
So now that I've helped you, are we BFF's? :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back