Is Roman Polanski a criminal?

Um, there's no evidence this was anything other than a one -time lapse in judgement.

But you go on.

Try to pretend this 45 year old case is relevant in any way.

There was no evidence that Hauptmann's decision to kidnap and kill the Lindbergh baby, or Herostratus' decision to burn the Temple of Artemis were anything other than "one time lapses" either?

Why the rush to glorify a rapist like Polanski? If you had a 13 year old kid at home, and you found a hollywood big wig getting the kid loaded and butt fucking them, would you be so ready to excuse them? Even if your kid said it was "voluntary"?

There was no evidence that Hauptmann's decision to kidnap and kill the Lindbergh baby, or Herostratus' decision to burn the Temple of Artemis were anything other than "one time lapses" either?

Why the rush to glorify a rapist like Polanski? If you had a 13 year old kid at home, and you found a hollywood big wig getting the kid loaded and butt fucking them, would you be so ready to excuse them? Even if your kid said it was "voluntary"?
Maybe this is why the left is pro-abortion; because when they rape women and they get pregnant, then they don't have to pay for the kid, it is just an error in judgement.

The victim of a rape at the age of 14 years old says that the incident was "no big deal" and that Roman Polanski should not have gone to jail for it. She said it did not negatively impact her at all.

Well hell, then I guess if somebody kills my ex-wife they should go free also as that would not negatively impact me.

It is amazing how so many want to forgive people of horrible crimes just because they are "artists" or "celebrities".

There was no evidence that Hauptmann's decision to kidnap and kill the Lindbergh baby

YOu mean other than having $14,600 of ransom money in his garage, and being caught spending some of it? And the ladder being made form wood from his attic? That the name and address of the person that was given the ransom note was written in his closet? Oh, and the man who paid the ransom identified him as the one he had given the money to.

Yep, no evidence at all.

YOu mean other than having $14,600 of ransom money in his garage, and being caught spending some of it? And the ladder being made form wood from his attic? That the name and address of the person that was given the ransom note was written in his closet? Oh, and the man who paid the ransom identified him as the one he had given the money to.

Yep, no evidence at all.

There was definitely evidence that Hauptmann committed the crime.

There was NO evidence that this was any more than a one time slip up on the German's part.

I was answering the argument that Polanski shouldn't have been punished for his Rape of a Child, because it "wasn't part of a pattern", or so they say.

There was NO evidence that this was any more than a one time slip up on the German's part.

Actually, he had been arrested for robbery in Germany and did time there before he came to the US.

And as criminals could not legally emigrate to the US he smuggled himself in, a second crime. Starting to seem like a pattern here.

And what, because that was the first time, he should have been forgiven?

Besides, he had the name, address and phone number of the person who got the ransom note. That shows that it was not even spontaneous but that he had planned it out however poorly.

I can possibly buy arguments like that from "crimes of passion", not kidnapping for ransom and murder. It was not like he was walking down the street and saw the carriage unattended for a moment. It was planned that he was to kidnap the child and hold it for ransom.

And there is a reason why shortly afterwards they passed the "Baby Lindberg Law. Which made kidnapping for ransom a Federal crime and punishable by death.

There was no evidence that Hauptmann's decision to kidnap and kill the Lindbergh baby,

Um, off topic, but Hauptmann was probably innocent.

If I had a 13 year old kid, I wouldn't let her do a modelling session with a complete stranger. I would be in the room.

I also wouldn't let her do drugs and have sex (or at least try to prevent it), but Mama Grifter wasn't that concerned.

That said... Polanski confessed to his crime and agreed to a plea, and paid the family a settlment That's all the family required. That's all the prosecutors required. This was one judge abusing his authority, and that concerns me more. If you are going to have a justice system based on plea bargains (only 2% of cases are heard by juries) then all sides have to live up to their agreements.

Um, off topic, but Hauptmann was probably innocent.

If I had a 13 year old kid, I wouldn't let her do a modelling session with a complete stranger. I would be in the room.

I also wouldn't let her do drugs and have sex (or at least try to prevent it), but Mama Grifter wasn't that concerned.

That said... Polanski confessed to his crime and agreed to a plea, and paid the family a settlment That's all the family required. That's all the prosecutors required. This was one judge abusing his authority, and that concerns me more. If you are going to have a justice system based on plea bargains (only 2% of cases are heard by juries) then all sides have to live up to their agreements.
The plea bargain that Polanski agreed to was to stay away from minors and he couldn't help himself, he shouldn't have broken his plea deal, the dumb ass. He created the problem and is a typical elitist dumb ass.

The plea bargain that Polanski agreed to was to stay away from minors and he couldn't help himself, he shouldn't have broken his plea deal, the dumb ass. He created the problem and is a typical elitist dumb ass.

He fled the country before the trial was even over.

And to be honest, that plea deal was absolute bullcrap.

A 44 year old man molests a 13 year old girl. Five of the six charges would be dismissed (including rape) if he pled guilty to unlawful sex with a minor under 14. And his penalty would be the 42 days he had spent in jail.

So yes, the Judge should have thrown out the plea bargain as they did nothing to punish him. He should have spent 20 years in jail, and hearing the judge was going to throw it out (which they do have the power to do), he ran away.

I would love to have people explain to me how say one of the Catholic Priests from the scandals a few years ago should have been let go on those conditions. Or Weinstein. Or Cosby. He says he is sorry, so gets away with raping a 13 year old?

I have long noticed that Hollywood has a serious issue in this area. They are sure fast to cast stones at others, meanwhile ignore the criminals in their own community. Oh, we hear the cries much later and the beating of the breast when a Harvey Weinstein is eventually convicted, but it goes on for years or decades in silence where nobody says a thing.

And it should surprise nobody that Harvey Weinstein was a huge supporter of having all charges against him dropped, and even distributed a movie that tried to claim Polanski was innocent.

Was that actually part of the plea bargain? Also, did it really apply to what happened in public events in other countries?

He fled the country before the trial was even over.

And to be honest, that plea deal was absolute bullcrap.

A 44 year old man molests a 13 year old girl. Five of the six charges would be dismissed (including rape) if he pled guilty to unlawful sex with a minor under 14. And his penalty would be the 42 days he had spent in jail.

Which is actually more time in jail than 97% of actual rapists spend in jail.

Here's the thing... The prosecutors made a "bullcrap" deal because they weren't sure they could win at trial. On one side, you have a victim with a questionable sexual history, (back in the bad old days when they could ask a rape victim about her sex life.) and on the other, you had a guy who had survived the Holocaust and whose pregnant wife had been murdered by a deranged cult in what was the biggest trial in CA history up to that point.

So yes, the Judge should have thrown out the plea bargain as they did nothing to punish him. He should have spent 20 years in jail, and hearing the judge was going to throw it out (which they do have the power to do), he ran away.
Except nobody spend 20 years in jail for statutory rape. In fact, the average sentence for such convictions today is only about 30 months.

I would love to have people explain to me how say one of the Catholic Priests from the scandals a few years ago should have been let go on those conditions. Or Weinstein. Or Cosby. He says he is sorry, so gets away with raping a 13 year old?
The Catholic Church got away with far worse. Most of those guys never saw any prison time or charges. As for Cosby, that was a travesty of justice, as the prosecutors made a deal to get a civil settlement, and then turned around and used it for criminal charged he had already promised not to pursue. Weinstein had dozens of victims.

I have long noticed that Hollywood has a serious issue in this area. They are sure fast to cast stones at others, meanwhile ignore the criminals in their own community. Oh, we hear the cries much later and the beating of the breast when a Harvey Weinstein is eventually convicted, but it goes on for years or decades in silence where nobody says a thing.

And it should surprise nobody that Harvey Weinstein was a huge supporter of having all charges against him dropped, and even distributed a movie that tried to claim Polanski was innocent.

Weinstein produced a lot movies, not sure what your point is, exactly. Yes, a lot of people who wanted deals in Hollywood made deals with Weinstein or wanted to be his friend, including your hero, Trump. But this is off topic.

Forum List

Back