Zone1 Is religion only for people over, say, 50 who are afraid of what'll happen after death?

You've answered your own question with an example for why you needed religion. You had a crisis situation that caused you to believe there was no love or acceptance in your life.

That and fearing death keeps religious beliefs alive.

There's nothing else but variations of that.
so presumptuous!

I have had many TRUE encounters with the PERSON Jesus (not just some philosophy, not just head knowledge)

You obviously do not understand that.. Well, I cannot write the words to explain it.. That, I know..

Given the choice between death or spending my last years in a nursing home, I’ll take death.
How do you know what comes after death?

you don't (unless you're a true Catholic and/or some other orthodox Christian), so how can you choose such?

You don't know that it's better than the alternative.

The alternative begins with facing life head-on without depending on the crutch offered by religion.

What is it that you don't want to face?
non Christians just don't get it

It is not a crutch.. but even if it were, and sometimes it is

when you are crippled (and life cripples one way or another..) you need one of those

what's the problem?

You have bad reading abilities and comprehension. Just look at 1Cor 6:11, "And such were some of you: (Notice the word, "WERE?") but ye are washed (Baptized for the remission of sins), but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." As long as fornicators continue to be unrepentant, they will not inherit the Kingdom of God. But, when they repent, they will. Take the prostitute who Jesus saved from the men who were going to stone her. She was forgiven and told to go and sin no more. So, had God judged them? No. They sinned but the judgment day had not happened yet. Still hasn't. You have time to repent and be baptized still.
By the way, what does the word "inherit" mean? It means that after one dies, you get what ever that person wanted you to have. Now, since God will not die, what does it mean to inherit the Kingdom of God?
Yes past tense. The righteous stopped doing those sins. The righteous = FEW. 99% are wicked in Gods view-they practice one of those sins or do false god worship. The word spiritism used by Paul at Gal, the Greek word=Pharmacia-thus drug addiction is apart of that.

Yes past tense. The righteous stopped doing those sins. The righteous = FEW. 99% are wicked in Gods view-they practice one of those sins or do false god worship. The word spiritism used by Paul at Gal, the Greek word=Pharmacia-thus drug addiction is apart of that.
So, what does it mean to you that we can inherit all that our Father has if we repent from those sins?

So, what does it mean to you that we can inherit all that our Father has if we repent from those sins?
That one has repented to get their sins blotted out( Acts 3:19)-- One will be saved if they live now to do Jesus' Fathers will( Matt 7:21)= all of it, to the best of their ability.

That one has repented to get their sins blotted out( Acts 3:19)-- One will be saved if they live now to do Jesus' Fathers will( Matt 7:21)= all of it, to the best of their ability.
Unfortunately, you will be left out because the only one's in heaven who are inheriting God's kingdom are the 144,000 and not anyone else. Everyone else will inherit pigs and donkeys here on earth. No gold paved roads like Paul saw. Just roads full of donkey doodoo. You really need to leave that cult of yours if you expect to inherit anything in the kingdom of God. There are 2 missionaries walking by in a few minutes from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Let them in and talk with you. You have to believe me!

It seems a lot of people think this

but let me tell you young people out there this very important lesson I learned in my years on this planet:

I wish to God someone had told me about Jesus when I was young. I did find Him when young, but not because of anything my parents told me. A priest at a Sunday Mass said something about God's love that stuck in my head and then later, when I was in need of love and acceptance (long story why and all), I remembered the priest's words and.. well I had this great experience with Jesus.. words cannot describe it.

However, an experience w/ Jesus is not enough..

it's not enough to ensure that you have a good life (objectively speaking). No, a young person needs to be GUIDED by older and wiser people. That is true in every generation (human nature does not change from one generation to hte next).

I wish my parents had taught me... well, anything. One of my siblings once angrily said to me "They didn't teach us a damn thing" and when I thought about it... that was true.

So parents: Teach your chldren "all" you know.. about how the crazy world is... how to turn to Jesus.. what "church" is acceptable and which ones are not.. etc... etc..

Others can add their own advice to young people here... (I don't think leftists can contribute but they will "contribute" :rolleyes: regardless...) sigh
just give your children love...God can take care of himself

Unfortunately, you will be left out because the only one's in heaven who are inheriting God's kingdom are the 144,000 and not anyone else. Everyone else will inherit pigs and donkeys here on earth. No gold paved roads like Paul saw. Just roads full of donkey doodoo. You really need to leave that cult of yours if you expect to inherit anything in the kingdom of God. There are 2 missionaries walking by in a few minutes from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Let them in and talk with you. You have to believe me!
I dont need to talk to anyone....God lives inside me.....I seek him in my heart not some wandering teenagers

I dont need to talk to anyone....God lives inside me.....I seek him in my heart not some wandering teenagers
God lives in heaven. Why would he live in you if he can’t be around anything unclean? And your hateful pride wouldn’t invite the spirit of God in you either. May God teach you patience.

just give your children love...God can take care of himself
what a joke. No human knows how to properly love anyone, much less precious children who need their guidance... but don't alwayss get it. Even parents who love their children dearly do not, just because of that love, automatically know how best to TRULY love their children. For example, many raise their children as their "best friends" rather than disciplining them and being actual parents to them. You can't be best friends with your children until they are grown. And if you don't raise them properly, you may not even have them in your lives when they are grown.. If you don't discipline children, they will turn into weeds... criminals, etc. But so many parents mistakenly think that LOVE means not disciplining much

Forum List

Back