Is Obama Threatening The Supreme Court Justices?

Not Federal judges we are talking about dummy.... are'nt there some WTC threads you need to monitor?

Yep... oh except for this:

Every judge appointed to such a court falls within the category of federal judges. These include the Chief Justice and Associate Justices of the Supreme Court, Circuit Judges of the courts of appeals, and district judges of the United States district courts. In addition, judges of the Court of International Trade are appointed pursuant to Article III.

United States federal judge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is the job of the Supreme Court?

Guess I have to answer this one myself....

The Supreme Court has a special role to play in the United States system of government. The Constitution gives it the power to check, if necessary, the actions of the President and Congress. It can tell a President that his actions are not allowed by the Constitution. It can tell Congress that a law it passed violated the U.S. Constitution and is, therefore, no longer a law. It can also tell the government of a state that one of its laws breaks a rule in the Constitution.

The Supreme Court is the final judge in all cases involving laws of Congress, and the highest law of all the Constitution.

Apparently it's to side with what ever the Democratic Party wants.

Where is Frank when you need him and his little guy sitting in front of the computer banging his head on the desk? I am amazed at the stupidity of some people. They do not have the basic knowledge to pass a fifth grade civics test.

th114af831-1.gif

Dam rep system Blah blah you must spread blah blah blah

Your comparing apples and bananas

So, all those examples of Conservative presidents criticizing judicial over-reach by the Supreme Court and referring to "Judicial Activism"...

Are somehow different than Obama criticizing judicial over-reach by the Supreme Court and referring to "Judicial Activism"?

Interesting.

Its NOT "Judicial Activism" if they are doing their job...... read what their job is again.

I posted it for you.... READ IT DAMN IT!

Where is Frank when you need him and his little guy sitting in front of the computer banging his head on the desk? I am amazed at the stupidity of some people. They do not have the basic knowledge to pass a fifth grade civics test.

th114af831-1.gif

Dam rep system Blah blah you must spread blah blah blah

No need... its fun to watch our liberal friends twist like pretzels to make this fit their agenda.

Not Federal judges we are talking about dummy.... are'nt there some WTC threads you need to monitor?

Every judge appointed to such a court falls within the category of federal judges. These include the Chief Justice and Associate Justices of the Supreme Court, Circuit Judges of the courts of appeals, and district judges of the United States district courts. In addition, judges of the Court of International Trade are appointed pursuant to Article III.

The Supreme Court has a special role to play in the United States system of government. The Constitution gives it the power to check, if necessary, the actions of the President and Congress. It can tell a President that his actions are not allowed by the Constitution. It can tell Congress that a law it passed violated the U.S. Constitution and is, therefore, no longer a law. It can also tell the government of a state that one of its laws breaks a rule in the Constitution.

The Supreme Court is the final judge in all cases involving laws of Congress, and the highest law of all the Constitution.

Can you find in the Constitution the clause that gives the Supreme Court those powers? Those powers were never stated in the Constitution. You think they were given to the Court.

Wow, thanks for that.

Now tell me how Reagan's quote, which referred to Roe v Wade, was a Supreme Court decision, and was a clearly matter of constitutional rights; and George Bush's comment, which referred to judgement on the constitutionality of the proposed Protection of Marriage Act; do not fall into the same category.

Can you find in the Constitution the clause that gives the Supreme Court those powers? Those powers were never stated in the Constitution. You think they were given to the Court.

The Supreme Court is like a referee on a football field. The Congress, the President, the state police, and other government officials are the players. Some can pass laws, and others can enforce laws. But all exercise power within certain boundaries. These boundaries are set by the Constitution. As the "referee" in the U.S. system of government, it is the Supreme Court's job to say when government officials step out-of-bounds.

FYI -

Article III
Section 1
The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services, a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

Section 2
1: The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;--to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls;--to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction;--to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party;--to Controversies between two or more States;--between a State and Citizens of another State;10 --between Citizens of different States, --between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.

2: In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellateJurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

3: The Trial of all Crimes, except in Cases of Impeachment, shall be by Jury; and such Trial shall be held in the State where the said Crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any State, the Trial shall be at such Place or Places as the Congress may by Law have directed.

Its NOT "Judicial Activism" if they are doing their job...... read what their job is again.

I'm afraid you do not actually know the meaning of "Judicial Activism".

Judicial activism describes judicial rulings suspected of being based on personal or political considerations rather than on existing law.

Judicial activism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which means that the judges in question can be performing their duties, as directed, but are letting their personal feelings on an issue cloud their judgement.

Here is something more suitable for some of the participants in this thread. I hope it doesn't go over your head
Congress for Kids
By creating three branches of government, the delegates built a "check and balance" system into the Constitution. This system was built so that no one branch of our government could become too powerful.

Each branch is restrained by the other two in several ways. For example, the president may veto a law passed by Congress. Congress can override that veto with a vote of two-thirds of both houses. Another example is that the Supreme Court may check Congress by declaring a law unconstitutional. The power is balanced by the fact that members of the Supreme Court are appointed by the president. Those appointments have to be approved by Congress.

Congress for Kids: [Constitution]: Checks and Balances

Wow, thanks for that.

Now tell me how Reagan's quote, which referred to Roe v Wade, was a Supreme Court decision, and was a clearly matter of constitutional rights; and George Bush's comment, which referred to judgement on the constitutionality of the proposed Protection of Marriage Act; do not fall into the same category.

We are not talking about Reagan or George Bush.... we are talking about a president, Barak Hussein Obama, who is threatening the Supreme Court and trying to render them powerless.

This is unprecedented in American history.

Apparently it's to side with what ever the Democratic Party wants.

You may thank the US DOE and Gubmint Schrools...that want to spend MORE money into a hole of making the unwashed good workers and faithful citizens that owe thier existence to Larger govermment controlling thier lives.

Have you ever been to school?

You should get a refund if you have.

FYI -

Article III
Section 1
The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services, a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

Section 2
1: The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;--to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls;--to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction;--to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party;--to Controversies between two or more States;--between a State and Citizens of another State;10 --between Citizens of different States, --between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.

2: In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellateJurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

3: The Trial of all Crimes, except in Cases of Impeachment, shall be by Jury; and such Trial shall be held in the State where the said Crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any State, the Trial shall be at such Place or Places as the Congress may by Law have directed.

Thank you for posting

Judicial activism describes judicial rulings suspected of being based on personal or political considerations rather than on existing law.

Which means that the judges in question can be performing their duties, as directed, but are letting their personal feelings on an issue cloud their judgement.

You stupid fuck...!

Who is supposed to watch the watchers????

Who????

Gawd damn you liberals are so fucking stupid!

Debate someone else OK... I am tired of talking to a wall.
:fu:

Federalist 82

*AND*

"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"-These words, written above the main entrance to the Supreme Court Building, express the ultimate responsibility of the Supreme Court of the United States. The Court is the highest tribunal in the Nation for all cases and controversies arising under the Constitution or the laws of the United States. As the final arbiter of the law, the Court is charged with ensuring the American people the promise of equal justice under law and, thereby, also functions as guardian and interpreter of the Constitution.

LINK

FYI -

Article III
Section 1

Section 2

Thank you for posting

That dumbass probably cut and pasted it....
:lol:

Federalist 82

*AND*

"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"-These words, written above the main entrance to the Supreme Court Building, express the ultimate responsibility of the Supreme Court of the United States. The Court is the highest tribunal in the Nation for all cases and controversies arising under the Constitution or the laws of the United States. As the final arbiter of the law, the Court is charged with ensuring the American people the promise of equal justice under law and, thereby, also functions as guardian and interpreter of the Constitution.

LINK

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

We are not talking about Reagan or George Bush.... we are talking about a president, Barak Hussein Obama, who is threatening the Supreme Court and trying to render them powerless.

This is unprecedented in American history.

Bull... Shit...

Obama is criticizing the court, and making suggestions that sound almost exactly like those of Reagan and Bush.

What "threat" has been issued exactly in this instance?

Has Obama stated he will attempt to prosecute members of the court?
Has he threatened to dissolve the court?
What sort of "retribution" do you believe is implied here?

The answer is obviously "none", which would mean there is no "threat" involved. In order for a "threat" to exist there must be some sort of implied punishment. Since there is not, there is no "threat".

You stupid fuck...!

Who is supposed to watch the watchers????

Who????

Gawd damn you liberals are so fucking stupid!

Debate someone else OK... I am tired of talking to a wall. :fu:

The ONLY way out for the Legislature when a law has been struck down BY the SCOTUS is the Amendment process in the Constitution...

The Founders made it a difficult process as we don't have many Amendments added in the 200+ years of history.

The Founders were geniuses, and far ahead of thier time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back