Is Obama Threatening The Supreme Court Justices?

Threatening the Justices?

Obviously not.

Setting the stage to take full political advantage should the Health Care bill be declared unconstitutional.

Yes.

Funny thing 'bout this situation...whichever side wins the case, loses politically and visa versa.

If the bill is declared unconstitutional, liberals will be pissed! This bill will become their holy grail. They'll be out at the polls on election day en masse...the GOP will be slaughtered!

And if the bill is upheld, Romney may actually do a tinnie tiny bit better than McCain did in 2008!

:lol:

And the OWS homeless will be crapping in more squadcars.

No where in the Constitution will one find any clause giving the Supreme Court the power to declare an act of Congress or excutive action unconstitutional. The Court simply decided to give itself that power, and took it. I wonder if that comes under the heading of judicial activism?

It is not judicial activism.... it is the Supreme Courts job to UPHOLD The Constitution.

It is the job of Congress, and the Executive to also uphold the Constitution but they do not have the power to declare an act of Congress or executive action unconstitutional. If the Court has that power where is that power written in the Constitution? The Court simply decided they would take on that power and no where in the Consitution was that given to the Court. Is that judicial activism?

No.... the Supreme Court is doing their job.

They are to uphold The Constitution of The United States of America period....& Obama is threatening them for it!

But wait, there's more:

I will appoint people to the federal bench that will not legislate from the bench.

-George H W Bush

The federal judiciary, including the U.S. Supreme Court, has
overstepped its authority under the Constitution. It has usurped the
right of citizen legislators and popularly elected executives to make
law by declaring duly enacted laws to be “unconstitutional” through
the misapplication of the principle of judicial review.

Excerpt from the 1996 Republican Party official platform

But wait, there's more:

I will appoint people to the federal bench that will not legislate from the bench.

-George H W Bush

The federal judiciary, including the U.S. Supreme Court, has
overstepped its authority under the Constitution. It has usurped the
right of citizen legislators and popularly elected executives to make
law by declaring duly enacted laws to be “unconstitutional” through
the misapplication of the principle of judicial review.

Excerpt from the 1996 Republican Party official platform

HW Bush isn't IN the topic. Nice deflection attempt...

DENIED! :dev3:

And even more:

“[T]he judges ought not to take the place of the legislative
branch of government. . . . I don’t believe in liberal activist
judges. I believe in strict constructionists.”

George W Bush 2000

I support the protection of marriage against activist judges.

George W Bush 2004

AFTER READING SOME OF THE COMMENTS I HAVE GOT TO ASK
What is the duty of the Supreme Court?

Apparently it's to side with what ever the Democratic Party wants.

Where is Frank when you need him and his little guy sitting in front of the computer banging his head on the desk? I am amazed at the stupidity of some people. They do not have the basic knowledge to pass a fifth grade civics test.

And even more:

“[T]he judges ought not to take the place of the legislative
branch of government. . . . I don’t believe in liberal activist
judges. I believe in strict constructionists.”

George W Bush 2000

I support the protection of marriage against activist judges.

George W Bush 2004

He shoots...he misses...

DENIED! :dev3:

Where is Frank when you need him and his little guy sitting in front of the computer banging his head on the desk? I am amazed at the stupidity of some people. They do not have the basic knowledge to pass a fifth grade civics test.

th114af831-1.gif

You may thank the US DOE and Gubmint Schrools...that want to spend MORE money into a hole of making the unwashed good workers and faithful citizens that owe thier existence to Larger govermment controlling thier lives.

Not Federal judges we are talking about dummy.... are'nt there some WTC threads you need to monitor?

Yep... oh except for this:

Every judge appointed to such a court falls within the category of federal judges. These include the Chief Justice and Associate Justices of the Supreme Court, Circuit Judges of the courts of appeals, and district judges of the United States district courts. In addition, judges of the Court of International Trade are appointed pursuant to Article III.

United States federal judge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your comparing apples and bananas

So, all those examples of Conservative presidents criticizing judicial over-reach by the Supreme Court and referring to "Judicial Activism"...

Are somehow different than Obama criticizing judicial over-reach by the Supreme Court and referring to "Judicial Activism"?

Interesting.

Forum List

Back