Is Obama Threatening The Supreme Court Justices?

What I think Conservatives are trying to say is:

"Hey! He stole our line! 'Judicial Activism' is OUR line and liberals aren't allowed to use it!

Give it back right now!"

Wow, this thread is HILARIOUS. Are you people seriously trying to imply that Obama is doing something novel by chastening the court about "Judicial activism"?

Seriously?

Have you all suddenly developed a bad case of selective amnesia?

YOU fail to note that he is using 'Activism' directed at the SCOTUS and 'unelected people' making decisions...but Obama forgets to mention IPAB which places unelected bureaucrats to make life and death decisions against the will of the individual.

*Try again*

"Hey! He stole our line! 'Judicial Activism' is OUR line and liberals aren't allowed to use it!

Give it back right now!"

No where in the Constitution will one find any clause giving the Supreme Court the power to declare an act of Congress or excutive action unconstitutional. The Court simply decided to give itself that power, and took it. I wonder if that comes under the heading of judicial activism?

It is not judicial activism.... it is the Supreme Courts job to UPHOLD The Constitution.

Last edited:
No where in the Constitution will one find any clause giving the Supreme Court the power to declare an act of Congress or excutive action unconstitutional. The Court simply decided to give itself that power, and took it. I wonder if that comes under the heading of judicial activism?

Damn, some people are even dumber than luddite. What, exactly, are we supposed to do about laws that are politically motivated and completely unconstitutional?

If the bill is declared unconstitutional, liberals will be pissed! This bill will become their holy grail. They'll be out at the polls on election day en masse...the GOP will be slaughtered!

:lol: Yeah, sure they will. Unfortunately for you, the public wants the law repealed and the majority were against passing it in the first place, but hey, I don't want to ruin your little fantasy for you.

Damn, some people are even dumber than luddite. What, exactly, are we supposed to do about laws that are politically motivated and completely unconstitutional?

Throw a fussfit and threaten IF we don't get our way?

It's what Obama was doing...I think he knows his centerpiece is going down.

For the first time I actually fear a constitutional crisis.

Lets just hope the justices have the backbone to do the right thing. No pun intended.

Last edited:
Funny how the wingnuts are the first to scream "Judicial Activism" when court decisions go against them, but when liberals use the term, suddenly the justices are being threatened.

:cuckoo:

What is really funny is how neither side actually understands judicial activism.

I tell you what we can do when obama is kicked to the curb come Nov let's do away with those activist Justices. Is it a deal?

Yep, talking about Judicial Activism when the supreme court is concerned is definitely a new and threatening thing.

That's why Ronald Reagan did it...

We've had too many examples in recent years of courts and judges legislating.They're not interpreting what the law says and whether someone has violated it or not. In too many instances, they have been actually legislating by legal decree what they think the law should be, and that I don't go for.”

- Ronald Reagan

WOW I am actually speechless. I am about as clueless what to say to you as you are of the duty of the supreme court.WOW/

It is not judicial activism.... it is the Supreme Courts job to UPHOLD The Constitution.

It is the job of Congress, and the Executive to also uphold the Constitution but they do not have the power to declare an act of Congress or executive action unconstitutional. If the Court has that power where is that power written in the Constitution? The Court simply decided they would take on that power and no where in the Consitution was that given to the Court. Is that judicial activism?

If the bill is declared unconstitutional, liberals will be pissed! This bill will become their holy grail. They'll be out at the polls on election day en masse...the GOP will be slaughtered!

:lol: Yeah, sure they will. Unfortunately for you, the public wants the law repealed and the majority were against passing it in the first place, but hey, I don't want to ruin your little fantasy for you.

The only reason that the polls show this law being unpopular is becuase many liberals think that it's not radical enough - they wanted fully socialized health care.

Once this law is taken away from them, it will suddenly be "the almighty healthcare law that was unjustly stolen from them".

It's just human nature.

I tell you what we can do when obama is kicked to the curb come Nov let's do away with those activist Justices. Is it a deal?

Yep, talking about Judicial Activism when the supreme court is concerned is definitely a new and threatening thing.

We've had too many examples in recent years of courts and judges legislating.They're not interpreting what the law says and whether someone has violated it or not. In too many instances, they have been actually legislating by legal decree what they think the law should be, and that I don't go for.”

- Ronald Reagan

You don't see the difference? Why am I not surprised.

Obama warns justices against 'activism' on health law

President Obama said today he is confident the Supreme Court will uphold his health care law -- and basically warned the justices against striking down the law by practicing what he called "judicial activism."

"I'd just remind conservative commentators that for years what we've heard is the biggest problem on the bench was judicial activism, or a lack of judicial restraint," Obama said during a joint news conference with the leaders of Canada and Mexico.

Obama defined activism by saying "an unelected group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted passed law -- well, here's a good example. And I'm pretty confident that this -- this court will recognize that and not take that step."

Obama taking his politics to the SCOTUS?

The case is over...they voted...they know the outcome...Is Obama trying to influence thier decision?

Video in the story...
No.

- Ronald Reagan
Is it a deal? When obama goes in Nov. we do away with the supreme court?

The only reason that the polls show this law being unpopular is becuase many liberals think that it's not radical enough - they wanted fully socialized health care.

Once this law is taken away from them, it will suddenly be "the almighty healthcare law that was unjustly stolen from them".

It's just human nature.

Yep, that explains it. it is not radical enough.

:dig::dig:

Give it back right now!"

What I think conservatives (which is not a proper noun, by the way) are saying is that he's lying the way he always does every time he opens his mouth and you come along cleaning up after him like the good little Obamabot tool you are.

It's just human nature.

What ever helps you sleep at night, Dick.

New Topics

Forum List

Back