Is man a spiritual being?

Show me one guy in the middle east who would be ok with his virgin wife getting pregnant and telling him god did it.

She wasn't a virgin. That whole virgin birth thing is a total farce. They replaced the Greek term almah with the Latin term virgo.

Except the Greek term almah means young woman. Not virgin. In fact, there's nothing at all sexual about it.
Nope. Sorry to disagree. These were the beliefs of the early Christians who passed down these beliefs orally for hundreds of years.

Within the Church Mary is seen as the new Eve except she never fell from Grace.
But now they want to say OOPS after lying to us for 2000 years that she was a virgin and god knocked her up. Now it's a completely different spin? Not buying it. Not enough priests are telling this story. Can we get some peer reviewed consensus on this?
The proof that the account has never changed is in the Catechism. If you can’t find it let me know.

The flaw in thinking to the world instead of the spirit. How is a spiritual being conceived?

She wasn't a virgin. That whole virgin birth thing is a total farce. They replaced the Greek term almah with the Latin term virgo.

Except the Greek term almah means young woman. Not virgin. In fact, there's nothing at all sexual about it.

Well then this shows you how stupid Christians are. They've been repeating that lie for centuries. Every Christian I know believes Mary was a virgin and God impregnated her.

I don't want to hear your 21st century new modern enterpretations of the bible. What you said Chistianity was for the last 2000 years is what it is. No changing with the times. No evolving.
I believe she was born without original sin, lived a perfect life and was chosen as the vessel for Jesus Christ before she was born.

You are an apostate so I wouldn’t expect you to accept or believe any of those things.
Ding, I didn’t know you were Catholic. I don’t know any Christians who believe that Mary lived a perfect life. (Only Jesus did.) Was she a faithful and humble believer? Yes. But that doesn’t mean she lived a perfect life.
Was she a virgin when she had Jesus?
Yes. Doesn’t that make you happy to know I believe this?
Buttercup says you have misinterpreted the bible Ding. Let the debate begin.

If you guys can't even agree on the story why should any of us take either of you seriously?

I love this new spin that Mary wasn't a virgin. Finally after 2000 years you guys can't tell that lie any more some you are re translating that story? Interesting. Because this is what almost all Christians believe:

The virgin birth of Jesus is the New Testament teaching that Jesus was conceived in the womb of his mother Mary through the Holy Spirit without the agency of a human father and born while Mary was still a virgin.

Why is it so few of you know she wasn't really a virgin?
Show me one guy in the middle east who would be ok with his virgin wife getting pregnant and telling him god did it.

Well then this shows you how stupid Christians are. They've been repeating that lie for centuries. Every Christian I know believes Mary was a virgin and God impregnated her.

I don't want to hear your 21st century new modern enterpretations of the bible. What you said Chistianity was for the last 2000 years is what it is. No changing with the times. No evolving.

It's not that they're stupid. It's just what they've been taught in the Church.

And really, unless people are spending time comparing the old Greek (that's really hard, too) and Hebrew, they'd never even know this stuff is mistranslated, purposeful or not. Not unless they're studying the Bible. By studying the Bible, I mean it's history.

Of all the bibles I've read, the KJV comes closest to what we have as original texts. We don't have original texts, but compered to the earliest Greek texts we do have, the KJV comes closest.

But reading the KJV even, nobody talked like that back then. I think they added around 500 new words to it, really poetic stuff, but it's not even a direct translation, it's a mix of Latin and Greek. The NT was pretty much a back door deal to make both the Protestants and the Catholics content and they still fought about it, remember when the Protestants tried to blow up King James because they thought he was siding wit hthe Catholics? lol.

I love this new spin that Mary wasn't a virgin. Finally after 2000 years you guys can't tell that lie any more some you are re translating that story? Interesting. Because this is what almost all Christians believe:

The virgin birth of Jesus is the New Testament teaching that Jesus was conceived in the womb of his mother Mary through the Holy Spirit without the agency of a human father and born while Mary was still a virgin.

Look up poor William Tyndale. The Roman Catholics strangled him for changing words and phrases they didn't agree with. Then they burned him to make sure he was dead. Gosh. Bible linguistics were serious business.

William Tyndale - Wikipedia

I believe she was born without original sin, lived a perfect life and was chosen as the vessel for Jesus Christ before she was born.

You are an apostate so I wouldn’t expect you to accept or believe any of those things.
Ding, I didn’t know you were Catholic. I don’t know any Christians who believe that Mary lived a perfect life. (Only Jesus did.) Was she a faithful and humble believer? Yes. But that doesn’t mean she lived a perfect life.

Yes, as I said in my previous post. But that doesn’t mean she was sinless, or perfect, as Catholics believe.
I'm sorry it was Natural Citizen who says you guys are wrong about the virgin thing. Debate him.

Yes. Doesn’t that make you happy to know I believe this?
Buttercup says you have misinterpreted the bible Ding. Let the debate begin.

If you guys can't even agree on the story why should any of us take either of you seriously?
Because everyone doesn’t need to agree. God loves diversity. He created it.

Are you telling me you want everyone to be a drone in your world?

Nope. Sorry to disagree. These were the beliefs of the early Christians who passed down these beliefs orally for hundreds of years.

But now they want to say OOPS after lying to us for 2000 years that she was a virgin and god knocked her up. Now it's a completely different spin? Not buying it. Not enough priests are telling this story. Can we get some peer reviewed consensus on this?
The proof that the account has never changed is in the Catechism. If you can’t find it let me know.
So you are Catholic?

And really, unless people are spending time comparing the old Greek (that's really hard, too) and Hebrew, they'd never even know this stuff is mistranslated, purposeful or not. Not unless they're studying the Bible. By studying the Bible, I mean it's history.

Of all the bibles I've read, the KJV comes closest to what we have as original texts. We don't have original texts, but compered to the earliest Greek texts we do have, the KJV comes closest.

But reading the KJV even, nobody talked like that back then. I think they added around 500 new words to it, really poetic stuff, but it's not even a direct translation, it's a mix of Latin and Greek. The NT was pretty much a back door deal to make both the Protestants and the Catholics content and they still fought about it, remember when the Protestants tried to blow up King James because they thought he was siding wit hthe Catholics? lol.

Look up poor William Tyndale. The Roman Catholics strangled him for changing words and phrases they didn't agree with. Then they burned him to make sure he was dead. Gosh. Bible linguistics were serious business.

So you are blaming religion which is nothing more than a tool instead of man, imperfect man who is never free of defects?

Funny you mention William Tyndale. I worked at a Christian university named William Tyndale.

In 2001, Congressman Joe Knollenberg worked with Tyndale's President James C. McHann to secure almost $1.5 million in federal funding for the college. Prior to its closing, Tyndale was held afloat financially by Regent University for a short time, beginning in 2003.

In 2001, former President McHann and former Vice President W. Howard Burkeen and other school officials acquired a branch of Computer Learning Centers, Inc. and renamed it the NorthStar Institute of Technology. In November 2001, the school was raided under charges that NorthStar improperly provided federal aid to their student through Tyndale. At the conclusion of the case in 2005, Burkeen was ordered to repay the U.S. Department of Education over $300,000. McHann was acquitted of all charges.

I worked for McHann. He was a scumbag criminal. He should not have been acquitted.

So you are Catholic?
Yes. I am an evil catholic from the whore of Babylon Church.

Sometimes people will even call me a pagan.

I'm sorry it was Natural Citizen who says you guys are wrong about the virgin thing. Debate him.

I'm not really debating. Just sharing passing thoughts on it is all.
Then you are full of shit if you are not willing to explain to these fellow christians that Mary wasn't actually a virgin. I think they would laugh at you if you tried. I think it's funny

Funny you mention William Tyndale. I worked at a Christian university named William Tyndale.

In 2001, Congressman Joe Knollenberg worked with Tyndale's President James C. McHann to secure almost $1.5 million in federal funding for the college. Prior to its closing, Tyndale was held afloat financially by Regent University for a short time, beginning in 2003.

In 2001, former President McHann and former Vice President W. Howard Burkeen and other school officials acquired a branch of Computer Learning Centers, Inc. and renamed it the NorthStar Institute of Technology. In November 2001, the school was raided under charges that NorthStar improperly provided federal aid to their student through Tyndale. At the conclusion of the case in 2005, Burkeen was ordered to repay the U.S. Department of Education over $300,000. McHann was acquitted of all charges.

I worked for McHann. He was a scumbag criminal. He should not have been acquitted.
You should consider forming a mob.

So you are blaming religion which is nothing more than a tool instead of man, imperfect man who is never free of defects?
Well it's imperfect man who lied to your great great grandparents and brainwashed them. Then they passed that brainwashing down to you.

Imperfect man is why I don't buy man made religions.

Was it destroyed?

Constantine destroyed most of the early writings and burned people at the stake for heresy.

In this case it was omitted. Do you know what the Gospel of Thomas is, ding? It records over a gundred of Jesus communications with people which depict a very different Jesus than the RCC would teach us. These are very important omissions.

Yes, as I said in my previous post. But that doesn’t mean she was sinless, or perfect, as Catholics believe.
Same answer as before.

You should consider forming a mob.
I got out before any money was owed to me. Some of his IT staff went into the classrooms and took hardware out of the computers in order to sell them so they could get the money he owed them and he was never going to pay them.

What a dick that Christian was. He was willing to risk our money to make his school successful but he didn't make us partners. At least Microsoft gave employees in the beginning stock in the company in exchange for their sacrifices. This guy lied to us and hired me knowing he couldn't afford me.

Forum List

Back