Is John McCain A War Hero? Trump Says No.

Will you vote for a lying chicken hawk who slandered a war hero?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TeaBagger

VIP Member
Jan 25, 2016
WARNING: This post contains facts.

FACT: On October 26, 1967, McCain's A4 Skyhawk was hit by a North Vietnamese surface-to air-missile and was upside down and out of control by the time he was able to eject into a lake in the middle of Hanoi.

FACT: McCain's father was a big shot Navy admiral and McCain could have easily chicken hawked out like George W. Bush and joined some Air National Guard and gone AWOL but instead he flew dangerous missions off aircraft carriers which in an of itself takes brass balls.

FACT: McCain was in terrible pain from broken legs, but believed that since Hanoi was a Geneva signatory, he would be taken care of until he was taken to a hospital. It didn't happen. He received no medical attention, and the interrogation and the torture continued.

FACT: When Hanoi learned the identity of McCain's father they crowed, "We have the crown prince!" and he was asked, "Do you want to be released?" McCain refused that offer.

McCain admits that he was tempted. He was in dire need of serious medical attention, he had dysentery and was rapidly losing weight he could not afford to lose. His chances of surviving this seemingly endless war were diminishing. He said he'd have to think about it.

A few days later he says his interrogator said, "The senior officer wants to know your answer."

"My answer is no," McCain said.

When asked why, McCain said, "Our Code of Conduct says we must not accept parole, amnesty or special favors."

FACT: McCain knew that the likelihood of of dying in that torture chamber was high yet he stayed.

FACT: In Trump's own words: "He's not a war hero," Trump said. "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

Will you vote for a chicken hawk draft dodger who lied and slandered John McCain whi is clearly war hero? If you voted for Bush you already did. Bush told horrible lies about McCain.

McCain's medals for heroism and valor.

160125114628-donald-trump-quote-shoot-somebody-super-169.jpg

Last edited:
It was the spring of 1968, and Donald Trump had it good.

He was 21 years old and handsome with a full head of hair. He avoided the Vietnam War draft on his way to earning an Ivy League degree. He was fond of fancy dinners, beautiful women and outrageous clubs. Most important, he had a job in his father’s real estate company and a brain bursting with money-making ideas that would make him a billionaire.

“When I graduated from college, I had a net worth of perhaps $200,000,” he said in his 1987 autobiography “Trump: The Art of the Deal,” written with Tony Schwartz. (That’s about $1.4 million in 2015 dollars.) “I had my eye on Manhattan.”

More than 8,000 miles away, John McCain sat in a tiny, squalid North Vietnamese prison cell. The Navy pilot’s body was broken from a plane crash, starvation, botched operations and months of torture.

As Trump was preparing to take Manhattan, McCain was trying to relearn how to walk.

What Donald Trump was up to while John McCain was a prisoner of war

I know this: Put a rifle in my hand and drop me in the middle of a fucking active war zone, and I'll be on the ground, in the fetal position, peeing myself and screaming for mommy within seven (7) seconds.

Would I call McCain a war hero? Yup, damn right. Trump is an embarrassment.

FACT: On October 26, 1967, McCain's A4 Skyhawk was hit by a North Vietnamese surface-to air-missile and was upside down and out of control by the time he was able to eject into a lake in the middle of Hanoi.

FACT: McCain's father was a big shot Navy admiral and McCain could have easily chicken hawked out like George W. Bush and joined some Air National Guard and gone AWOL but instead he flew dangerous missions off aircraft carriers which in an of itself takes brass balls.

FACT: McCain was in terrible pain from broken legs, but believed that since Hanoi was a Geneva signatory, he would be taken care of until he was taken to a hospital. It didn't happen. He received no medical attention, and the interrogation and the torture continued.

FACT: When Hanoi learned the identity of McCain's father they crowed, "We have the crown prince!" and he was asked, "Do you want to be released?" McCain refused that offer.

McCain admits that he was tempted. He was in dire need of serious medical attention, he had dysentery and was rapidly losing weight he could not afford to lose. His chances of surviving this seemingly endless war were diminishing. He said he'd have to think about it.

A few days later he says his interrogator said, "The senior officer wants to know your answer."

When asked why, McCain said, "Our Code of Conduct says we must not accept parole, amnesty or special favors."

FACT: McCain knew that the likelihood of of dying in that torture chamber was high yet he stayed.

FACT: In Trump's own words: "He's not a war hero," Trump said. "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

Will you vote for a chicken hawk draft dodger who lied and slandered John McCain whi is clearly war hero? If you voted for Bush you already did. Bush told horrible lies about McCain.

He is a war hero, but a worthless and corrupt politician.

Based on McCain's long string of disastrous activities before he arrived at the Hanoi Hilton, most Americans and Allies were safer with him out of action, his zionist neocon father notwithstanding.

Don't worry . Prez trump will get us into more disastrous foreign clusterfucks to make up for the one he dodged back in the day !

My answer is no but has nothing to do with Donald " I never served in the Military " Trump comment about John McCain.

John McCain served his country when many rich kids hid in the reserve or were dodging the draft or had their rich parents get them out of service, so yeah he is a war hero.

As for his political career some will argue he is a disgusting traitor in his political days, and even then I have no real hatred for McCain except for his war loving stances.

A man that served and was a POW should be one that would think twice before wanting to send our men and women into another war, and McCain has never thought twice in my opinion.

McCain is a spineless career politician, hes a so called "maverick" in the politically correct sense...
That being a political windsock... Lol

Based on McCain's long string of disastrous activities before he arrived at the Hanoi Hilton, most Americans and Allies were safer with him out of action, his zionist neocon father notwithstanding.

If you are referring to the plane crashes a lot of those were do to some design flaws that many other pilots experienced. Aircraft takeoffs and landings are scary as hell and dangerous. Bush could never have done it.

To imply that his actions in Vietnam were not heroic is unAmerican at best and smacks of treason.

It's pathetic how you guys toss around the word Zionist. At least Trump is not Jew hater.

McCain is a spineless career politician, hes a so called "maverick" in the politically correct sense...
That being a political windsock... Lol

Let's see you land a jet plane on an aircraft carrier and endure what he endured. I don't agree with his politics but to say he is not a hero is disgusting.

Trump is a bully and a draft dodger. Trump would have shit his pants had he been in combat.

McCain is a career US senator. So what? The people of Arizona seem to think he's doing what they want.

McCain is and was unfit to be president. His choice of Palin proved that but he has a hell of a lot more integrity than Bush, Romney or Trump.

George H.W.Bush was a war hero so was Bob Dole yet the left nominated elected and relected as President the draft dodger Bill Clinton so forgive me if I find the sudden concern about a draft dodger being elected more than a little phony.

Funny, Bill Clinton got away with calling a WW2 war hero, George Bush a "wimp" and nobody seemed offended back then.

Forum List

Back