Is it true that woke ideology has taken over the sanctioning body of high school debate?

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
Interesting video! It's almost an hour long, but it only takes a few minutes to get the gist of it. Synopsis: Students that take pro-woke stances in their debates are automatic winners and those that take anti-woke stances are shutdown and are automatic losers. I am if anything understating the situation better described by the video.

Is the video true about high school debate?

Interesting video! It's almost an hour long, but it only takes a few minutes to get the gist of it. Synopsis: Students that take pro-woke stances in their debates are automatic winners and those that take anti-woke stances are shutdown and are automatic losers. I am if anything understating the situation better described by the video.

It’s true republicans are spending millions of dollars to take over school boards and pta”s. Positions that pay nothing.

Suddenly the minority right will be controlling education. Scary

It’s true republicans are spending millions of dollars to take over school boards and pta”s. Positions that pay nothing.

Not the topic of this thread. This thread is about high school debate teams and the adults that judge the debates. That said, it is about time for people that know the difference between male and female to take back school boards and PTAs.

*** Well, let's say there is a debate in a Chicago high school.

*** One team argues that African American students have better behavior than Caucasian students.

*** The other team (bravely) disagrees with that thesis.

*** We all know which team will be the "winner."

*** We also know that the "losing" team had better not ever return to that school again.

Not the topic of this thread. This thread is about high school debate teams and the adults that judge the debates. That said, it is about time for people that know the difference between male and female to take back school boards and PTAs.
sillybooboo has a rough time trying to do any independent thinking.....

evangelicals have been targeting school boards since the "day care satanist" crisis. i think the idea is to destroy public schools and discredit union teachers more than their contrived moral panics.

evangelicals have been targeting school boards since the "day care satanist" crisis. i think the idea is to destroy public schools and discredit union teachers more than their contrived moral panics.
Evangelicals aren't the ones forcing everyone to home school their kids, rumpart. Evil Dimtards are.

Apparently, the OP is false ...

Here's the website with a list of current debate topics from The National Speech and Debate Association ... things like one-use plastic, Congress, and military involvement in Siam's current Civil War ...

Parents tend to be conservative, their children more liberal ... social progress occurs one funeral at a time ...

Apparently, the OP is false ...

Here's the website with a list of current debate topics from The National Speech and Debate Association ... things like one-use plastic, Congress, and military involvement in Siam's current Civil War ...

Parents tend to be conservative, their children more liberal ... social progress occurs one funeral at a time ...
Proves nothing, except that perhaps you didn't watch/listen to the video.

When I was in school, there were debates, but the young men were judged on the coherence of their argument not the side of the issue they were on. The brothers told the participants what their positions were in advance. You didn't get to pick your side.

*** Well, let's say there is a debate in a Chicago high school.

*** One team argues that African American students have better behavior than Caucasian students.

*** The other team (bravely) disagrees with that thesis.

*** We all know which team will be the "winner."

*** We also know that the "losing" team had better not ever return to that school again.

When I was in school, there were debates, but the young men were judged on the coherence of their argument not the side of the issue they were on. The brothers told the participants what their positions were in advance. You didn't get to pick your side.
and it is still that way. you get to research both sides, in case there is a weakness in the facts of the issue.

Despite conservatives efforts to stop it; the species continues to evolve.

and it is still that way. you get to research both sides, in case there is a weakness in the facts of the issue.
According to James Fishback, the younger guy in the video, it is no longer that way. It was that way when Fishback participated in high school debate in the early 2010's. He said in the video that it was no longer that way when he came back as a teacher debate team coach just 5 years later. As a result, he started a new high school debate organization which is "that way'.

A. nobody here gonna watch an hour long video.

B. what's taking over our schools is conservative bigotry and whack-jobbery.

Another example of how Libtards are destroying this country.

Proves nothing, except that perhaps you didn't watch/listen to the video.

The video didn't name my local high school ... because that doesn't happen here ... and I don't believe it happens on a wide spread basis anywhere ...

When's the last time you attended a local school board meeting? ... just curious if you even know where they meet? ...

According to James Fishback, the younger guy in the video, it is no longer that way. It was that way when Fishback participated in high school debate in the early 2010's. He said in the video that it was no longer that way when he came back as a teacher debate team coach just 5 years later. As a result, he started a new high school debate organization which is "that way'.
losing is not always proof that the rules are unfair.

Forum List

Back