Is it time to BAN EVs?

They're doing it in China already.

The first sentence of your link says it was tried and failed: “The $1billion bankruptcy of Better Place seemed to have ended battery swapping”.
Link better.

The battery is on the bottom of the car. You subscribe to a service just like you have a Chevron card or whatever....

You pull in; a robot takes your battery off your car and places it in a cradle to be charged. The same robot grabs a charged battery and installs it on your rig and you're rolling.

So every charging station will have to have a robot?

Yeah...more total bullshit from the peanut gallery...Biden wanted to wipe out student loan debt for some students and you guys thought it was a terrible idea. Are you going to pretend that the loan forgiveness was going to hurt the middle class?

Of course you will. Why? Because it was Biden's idea and you would blow a fuse if you had to admit it would help the middle class.
The topic of this thread is not student loans, it is whether EVs should be banned. You were doing good, please try to stay on topic.

Last edited:
Yeah...more total bullshit from the peanut gallery...Biden wanted to wipe out student loan debt for some students and you guys thought it was a terrible idea. Are you going to pretend that the loan forgiveness was going to hurt the middle class?

Of course you will. Why? Because it was Biden's idea and you would blow a fuse if you had to admit it would help the middle class.
This is our money. Prog policies over the decades have cause the high prices for college. They are indoctrination centers now. Joe is good at the fiat printing press. Nothing else. He is like the emperor waring no clothes. And he makes Pinocchio look like a beginner.

The same could be said for gas powered SUVs and trucks.

Subsidies all around!
I've been buying gas powered vehicles for 50 years and cannot remember receiving a single rebate from the government for my purchase.

Are you being facetious?

I've been buying gas powered vehicles for 50 years and cannot remember receiving a single rebate from the government for my purchase.

Are you being facetious?
No.

I am referring to subsidies in the form of tax breaks to big oil.

Didn't you wonder why gas is so much cheaper in America then in most of Europe?

No.

Specifically please, what tax breaks are available to big oil, only?

What do you label as a tax break?

Are there no gas-powered vehicles in Europe?

As for the price of gas in the US and Europe, you are boldly displaying your ignorance.

Gasoline and diesel are cheaper in the US than in Europe due to comparatively light taxes at the federal and state level.

Last edited:
Specifically please, what tax breaks are available to big oil, only?

What do you label as a tax break?

See article above.

Are there no gas-powered vehicles in Europe?
Yes but their pubic transportation system is leaps and bounds ahead of ours.

This cannot be serious. It's not possible.

Actually, your first mention was 'redesign' not standardization. If you are being honest, which is questionable, then there is some room for discussion.

The next time corny is honest might be the first.

No.

Not at all: in Europe, the taxes on fuel are much higher.

See article above.

Yes but their pubic transportation system is leaps and bounds ahead of ours.
So we, the citizen, reap the benefit of lower taxes to oil companies?

Their public transportation is due to the fact that their countries are much smaller cities are centuries older, thus far closer together making public transportation feasible.

Also,

Gasoline and diesel are cheaper in the US than in Europe due to comparatively light taxes at the federal and state level.

Yes. This is what I am talking about. You must have read my link.

Thanks.

Should we triple or quadruple our taxes on gas? Specifically please, share with us all who would that increase hurt the most.
No. Fuel is too important for us to do that, especially with our lackluster public transportation.

I'm not a fan of EVs but I did not know they are this dangerous.

Is It Time to Ban Electric Vehicles?

Stephen Moore
Stephen Moore | Aug 15, 2023

The New York Fire Department recently reported that so far this year there have been 108 lithium-ion battery fires in New York City, which have injured 66 people and killed 13. According to FDNY Commissioner Laura Kavanagh, "There is not a small amount of fire, it (the vehicle) literally explodes." The resulting fire is "very difficult to extinguish and so it is particularly dangerous."

What say you?

So you're counting electric scooters and skateboards in this?

Forum List

Back