Is it time to BAN EVs?

I'm not a fan of EVs but I did not know they are this dangerous.

Is It Time to Ban Electric Vehicles?

Stephen Moore
Stephen Moore | Aug 15, 2023

The New York Fire Department recently reported that so far this year there have been 108 lithium-ion battery fires in New York City, which have injured 66 people and killed 13. According to FDNY Commissioner Laura Kavanagh, "There is not a small amount of fire, it (the vehicle) literally explodes." The resulting fire is "very difficult to extinguish and so it is particularly dangerous."

What say you?
No need to ban them just let people decide for themselves if they want one.

I'm not a fan of EVs but I did not know they are this dangerous.

Is It Time to Ban Electric Vehicles?

Stephen Moore
Stephen Moore | Aug 15, 2023

The New York Fire Department recently reported that so far this year there have been 108 lithium-ion battery fires in New York City, which have injured 66 people and killed 13. According to FDNY Commissioner Laura Kavanagh, "There is not a small amount of fire, it (the vehicle) literally explodes." The resulting fire is "very difficult to extinguish and so it is particularly dangerous."

What say you?
I needed a new lawnmower this year and was looking at a lot of options, including battery because they are really staring to get popular. The salesman at one place recommended not leaving the battery plugged in unattended and to make sure when the battery was fully charged that I unplugged it and didn't forget, as it could possibly cause a fire. I bought a good old fashioned gas powered mower.

Stephen Moore, isn't that the neocon who got us into the Iraq war?

Jesus, no wonder you people are so stupid.
Stephen Moore got us into the Iraq war? WOW! I bet he'd be stunned that you attribute so much power to him.

Are the FACTS wrong?

tenor%20%281%29-Th.gif

no

We do need to re-design the EVs so that swapping out batteries is done as opposed to all of this re-charging.
That would be fine if it was like changing batteries in a flashlight. These things are hundreds of pounds and cost thousands of dollars.

I do appreciate your civility.

The only reason EVs have done as well as they have in the marketplace is because our tax dollars have been wasted subsidizing the things.
I know. Democrats are trying to force Americans into them. They want to turn off the power and stop people from driving at will.

I'm sayin they shouldn't be banned but also not subsidized.

The only reason EVs have done as well as they have in the marketplace is because our tax dollars have been wasted subsidizing the things.
Nonsense.

Imagine never having to pay for an oil change again.... I mean...its 3-400 a year if you drive a shit ton of miles. Just one of the many benefits.

I needed a new lawnmower this year and was looking at a lot of options, including battery because they are really staring to get popular. The salesman at one place recommended not leaving the battery plugged in unattended and to make sure when the battery was fully charged that I unplugged it and didn't forget, as it could possibly cause a fire. I bought a good old fashioned gas powered mower.
I have heard the same things about the smaller batteries like I use for my edger and Weed Wacker. I kept the charger under my bed because I didn't want the batteries to get hot in the garage.

I have since moved my charger back out to the garage. Under the bed battery fire doesn't sound good.

All kinds of battery tech to be developed and EVs will help. They should be thought of as a niche car, and not a solution for all.
Except we are dealing with the same cretins that took what should have been a niche treatment, the so-called vaccine, then tried to force it down everyone's' throats. Better every EV car in America burns to the ground than to allow these fascists the opportunity to enact their agenda.

Yeah, we should standardize them. That was my point.
Not really, you said they would need to be redesigned to give access to the robot, you did not specify standardization of batteries. Is that even possible given the various chassis designs?

Except we are dealing with the same cretins that took what should have been a niche treatment, the so-called vaccine, then tried to force it down everyone's' throats. Better every EV car in America burns to the ground than to allow these fascists the opportunity to enact their agenda.
:rolleyes:
This is why you're a complete waste of time.

Liberals are willing to sacrifice thousands on the alter of their agenda. These sick twists consign hundreds of children to sex slavery at our southern border in the name of their agenda. They care nothing of how many will die in pursuit of their green energy pipe dream.
They always say they care about social justice and the 99 percenters and yet every policy they do, including green ones, hurts the poor and middle class and minorities more than anyone else.

Not really, you said they would need to be redesigned to give access to the robot, you did not specify standardization of batteries. Is that even possible given the various chassis designs?
Again that is what standardization means. 800 different studios made movies. All of them used VHS format. Its just a matter of getting everyone on the same page. We don't do great big things any more. Too many yahoos scream "fascism" at any suggestion that the collective good could be served.

They always say they care about social justice and the 99 percenters and yet every policy they do, including green ones, hurts the poor and middle class and minorities more than anyone else.
Yeah...more total bullshit from the peanut gallery...Biden wanted to wipe out student loan debt for some students and you guys thought it was a terrible idea. Are you going to pretend that the loan forgiveness was going to hurt the middle class?

Of course you will. Why? Because it was Biden's idea and you would blow a fuse if you had to admit it would help the middle class.

Again that is what standardization means. 800 different studios made movies. All of them used VHS format. Its just a matter of getting everyone on the same page. We don't do great big things any more. Too many yahoos scream "fascism" at any suggestion that the collective good could be served.
Actually, your first mention was 'redesign' not standardization. If you are being honest, which is questionable, then there is some room for discussion.

Forum List

Back