Is it safe?

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Or are there still shark fins circling around this joint?

(Couldn't get rid of the virus...so had to go buy a new pc. This one is loaded with anti virus do-hickey thingies).

• Banned
btw...fyi...I dumped everything when I bailed. Poor pc was struggling so I went as fast as I could while it was gasping and dumped friends, pics, whatever I could find. Then limped out of here and tried to fix the pc myself. Didn't work. Screwed it up worse. Then it just gasped its last and died. So..no offense to anyone was meant.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

Good to see you again Grace. Sorry your pc bit the big one...i know it sucks!

I knew you couldn't take being away from me for such a long time...good to see you back *smiles*

• Banned
Good to see you again Grace. Sorry your pc bit the big one...i know it sucks!

what sucks worse is getting to "know" this brand new pc. I HATE gadgets. This thing is so confusing. Arrrrg. But....I'm protected to the hilt. But the gadgets. I had a helluva time finding my pics once I took some. And the screen saver is all weird. I miss my starfield. Now I have....bubbles. Barf.
glad to be back though! Thank you!

Sorry to hear about the death of your pc. Hope you got everything off of it before it croaked! Damned viruses are a bugger.

Sorry to hear about the death of your pc. Hope you got everything off of it before it croaked! Damned viruses are a bugger.

Nope. But I have a fix for it. Ex is gonna take his big assed drill and poke holes all in the harddrive thingy. Then we are gonna bury it in mud. Then toss it in the dog poo bucket for good measure.

Nope. But I have a fix for it. Ex is gonna take his big assed drill and poke holes all in the harddrive thingy. Then we are gonna bury it in mud. Then toss it in the dog poo bucket for good measure.

Isn't it great??
You sound like you have an ex like I do.....they're good for something AFTER we got rid of their asses :lol:

I had spybot before. Now I have some gobbledegoop that came with the pc. It already caught some stuff and quarantined it for me. (I was browsing google and other places before I finally made it back here). So...whatever they put in this thing, it works. It should. Cost me enough.

Grace, I'm so glad you're back.

My computer was acting a little oddly for a few days, too, but I just kept running my antivirus before and after I posted, and it kept the ugly stuff at bay. I go everywhere looking for links, so no telling where my problem was coming from. I know if I only post here there are around 60 threats per session. That's why I got a good antivirus server.

Gosh, it's good to see you. You gonna get reputation, gal. :D

I didn't know you were having computer problems though I doubt viruses were your only issue, from the way you're "talking" you probably never did routine maintenance.
What gobbltiegook is on your new one? Norton? McAfee? Widows Defender?
I'm assuming it has Windows 7 on it so ya have a bit of a learning curve if you're upgrading from XP.

By the way changing you screen saver and the activation time is very easy.

I didn't know you were having computer problems though I doubt viruses were your only issue, from the way you're "talking" you probably never did routine maintenance.
I'm assuming it has Windows 7 on it so ya have a bit of a learning curve if you're upgrading from XP.

Goobltiegook????????
Oh hot damn, I haven't heard that in a long while, much less ever seen it spelled out!!!!
Love it :lol:

Goobltiegook????????
Oh hot damn, I haven't heard that in a long while, much less ever seen it spelled out!!!!
Love it :lol:

Gobbledegoop, woman. Not goobltiegook. you got your thingamabob discomboobulated with what I was saying.:tongue:

Ringle, I got free anti virus with my pc...for 6 months. Yes, windows 7. whatever else is in this thing is way over my head. I only use it for socializing and playing with graphics. My pc was about 6 or 7 years old...and yes, i took care of it. I was in here when the place fell apart with people doing nasties. So whatever that person planted, it wormed its way in my pc and I didn't have protection. My bad. But I do now.

Forum List

Back