Is it Ridicule To Mention the Good Doktor Charles Krauthammar is a cripple?

Krauthammer is a physical cripple; Dante is an emotional cripple.

hmm.......

I'd take Charlie any day. :thup:

Calling Krath a cripple? You big meanie!

Well, he is a cripple, right? :D

I also call homeless people - Bums. Those "little people" - midgets. The "Mentally challenged" - retards. Fuck this PC shit. Fuck your "self esteem". We need to bring back reality....

Well, I was encouraged today to hear my fave intellectual, Dr. Charles Krauthammar, say polls showing Jewish people voting for Obama, has significantly decreased in numbers since the election, where they had a strong showing for Obama. :eusa_clap:

That cripple is an idiot

Do you have anything to suggest you are even remotely as intelligent as one of his toenail clippings? Do you imagine that ridiculing someone's disability bolsters your position on anything at all?

Ridiculing? I did NOT ridicule the man's wheelchair bound body. I mentioned he is a cripple. The good Doktor Charles Krauthammar is a cripple isn't he?

He is also a mealymouthed, nasty, little mean-spirited, partisan hack with very few intellectual ethics.

I suppose it's not automatically ridicule, just perhaps a poor choice of words, depending on how you feel about that sort of thing. It's my understanding that paraplegics prefer not to be called "cripple" in particular, sort of like those who suffer from dwarfism tend not to enjoy the word "midget", and folks with downs syndrome don't like to be called "retards".

Now, some people think that folks are too sensitive about words, and if that's you, then no, it isn't ridicule. Based on your political attitudes, however, I'd wager that words like "gook" generally offend you, and that would make your position a tricky one to defend.
As a liberal (not a progressive) I abhor censorship and pc retardedness. :eusa_whistle:

"Gook" does not offend me. I'm a liberal. Words have no power in and of themselves. I believe calling somebody a 'gook' is not the same as referring to them as a 'gook'

cripple is not the equivalent of retard or whatever.

Dr. K., was against the Balkan intervention during the Clinton years. I always thought he was a phony prick.

from the wikipedia entry: "Krauthammer opposed purely "humanitarian intervention" (with the exception of overt genocide). While he supported the 1991 Gulf War on the grounds of both humanitarianism and strategic necessity (preventing Saddam Hussein from gaining control of the Persian Gulf and its resources), he opposed American intervention in the Balkan wars on the grounds that America should not be committing the lives of its soldiers to purely humanitarian missions in which there is no American national interest at stake"

Dr. K., did flip flop here. Intellectual gymnastics are his forte. Wheelchair bound, he exceeds in mental feats of strength.

note: I actually agree with much of what he wrote ... with the caveat that what he wrote is not what he later supported when ideology and petty partisanship raised it's ugly head.

I don't often find myself agreeing with you, but uh. . . your thoughts on PC speech and Kraut. . . 2/2, man. Spot on.

Good talk.

I suppose it's not automatically ridicule, just perhaps a poor choice of words, depending on how you feel about that sort of thing. It's my understanding that paraplegics prefer not to be called "cripple" in particular, sort of like those who suffer from dwarfism tend not to enjoy the word "midget", and folks with downs syndrome don't like to be called "retards".

Now, some people think that folks are too sensitive about words, and if that's you, then no, it isn't ridicule. Based on your political attitudes, however, I'd wager that words like "gook" generally offend you, and that would make your position a tricky one to defend.

What is the rational interpretation of words that are intended to offend?

There's several variables that you're working with, here (context, original intent of the word, popular usage, etc) that all play into establishing whether or not the word was, in fact, intended to offend. Ultimately, though, if Dante didn't intend the word to be an insult, then anyone's identification of it as an insult is simply a function of their own sensitivity, and not of anything definitively factual.

There's several variables that you're working with, here (context, original intent of the word, popular usage, etc) that all play into establishing whether or not the word was, in fact, intended to offend. Ultimately, though, if Dante didn't intend the word to be an insult, then anyone's identification of it as an insult is simply a function of their own sensitivity, and not of anything definitively factual.

When I pointed out 'intention,' other variables were rendered moot. His intent was clear, therefore any spin that followed was necessarily disingenuous.

When I pointed out 'intention,' other variables were rendered moot. His intent was clear, therefore any spin that followed was necessarily disingenuous.

I won't speculate on his honesty in suggesting that -his- intent wasn't to belittle Kraut's disability, and to tell you the truth, I don't even know the original context. I also thought you may or may not mean, by "intention", the assumed intention of the word itself or Dante's intention. As Dante's intention is that to which you were referring, and given that you were correct about his intention, then yes, I would agree that a word intended to be an insult could be called nothing but an insult.

Last edited:
Krauthammer is a physical cripple; Dante is an emotional cripple.

hmm.......

I'd take Charlie any day. :thup:

Calling Krath a cripple? You big meanie!

Well, he is a cripple, right? :D

I also call homeless people - Bums. Those "little people" - midgets. The "Mentally challenged" - retards. Fuck this PC shit. Fuck your "self esteem". We need to bring back reality....

France had put a gentleman, an esteemed perfumier on trial for saying negro and inferring that some negroes were lazy. I'm not kidding.

Here's what he said during an interview.

"Mr Guerlain, now retired, caused offense during a TV interview in October 2010 in which he was asked to explain how he created the Samsara perfume.

“For once, I set to work like a Negro. I don’t know if Negroes have always worked like that, but anyway,” he replied. "

Here is the unbelievable ruling after a trial. A real honest to goodness mother trucking trial. :cuckoo:

The court found that the first part was “dated and disagreeable” but not illegal

. But it ruled the second part was a threat to “public order” as it linked “laziness” to a “group of people by virtue of their origin or race” and fined him 6,000 euros (£5,000).

The verdict was well short of the maximum six months in prison and a 22,500-euro fine for such an offence.

Mr Guerlain was also ordered to pay 2,000 euros in damages to each of three anti-racist groups that were civil plaintiffs in the case and that had denounced “the state of ordinary racism that still permeates French society”.

Sweet lord, let us never get to the point of this insanity. On the other hand, Bill Maher would be in jail for the rest of his life. :D

Keeeeeeeeeeeding. We should thank our lucky stars that we have free speech every day even if we don't like and/or approve of what someone else has said.

ETA: whoopsies, first coffee. forgot to add the link:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...n-Paul-Guerlain-fined-for-racist-comment.html

Last edited:
We seem to be forgetting that the the ONE whose greatest achievement in life was 45 years of Cold War, after sucking up to his ``Uncle Joe`Stalin, Franklin Delano Roosevelt was a cripple, not only physically, but quite obviously, mentally.

Last time I reply in the middle of what is obviously a pissing match...

The minute you see Unkotare the topic is going to become just such a pissing match. It's getting kind of tedious but he's done the same thing to me, Moonglow, Buford, OohPooPahDoo, Skydancer, GHook93 and now Dante. The personal attack is dependable to derail any topic. For those who cannot discuss topics, the personal attack is a convenient refuge.

Is it Ridicule To Mention the Good Doktor Charles Krauthammar is a cripple?'

Unkatory-traitor-doosh seems to think so. I mention the man in the wheelchair is a cripple, and an idiot. Anyone want to deny either of these propositions?

He is in a wheelchair.

He is an idiot only insofar as he dove head first into an empty, or near empty, swimming pool and wound up in a wheelchair.

Other than that, he is a very intelligent and accomplished individual.

Perhaps.

But he’s also often crippled by rightist dogma.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt was not a Cripple and an Idiot. And a pathetic nicotine addict.

He was physically and mentally challenged. And a pathetic, spineless addict.

Icon of Democrats.

FIGURES!!!!

We seem to be forgetting that the the ONE whose greatest achievement in life was 45 years of Cold War, after sucking up to his ``Uncle Joe`Stalin, Franklin Delano Roosevelt was a cripple, not only physically, but quite obviously, mentally.

Don't forget morally.

Last time I reply in the middle of what is obviously a pissing match...

The minute you see Unkotare the topic is going to become just such a pissing match. It's getting kind of tedious but he's done the same thing to me, Moonglow, Buford, OohPooPahDoo, Skydancer, GHook93 and now Dante. The personal attack is dependable to derail any topic. For those who cannot discuss topics, the personal attack is a convenient refuge.

Thank goodness we have someone like you to make meaningful contributions like the one above! :rolleyes:

Do you really feel so ashamed of what you did that you needed to start a whole thread dedicated to defending yourself?

I have been on the phone with a friend while posting this. He has a severe disability. I ended up persuading him that you are wrong here, but being a cripple himself, he is overly sensitive.

but, no. I feel no shame. I don't do shame well. It's a human concept that serves a limited purpose in the right situation
You ought to reconsider being ashamed of your meanness to other people, Mr. Dante. It might prevent further eruptions from your personal inferno.

Is it Ridicule To Mention the Good Doktor Charles Krauthammar is a cripple?'

Unkatory-traitor-doosh seems to think so. I mention the man in the wheelchair is a cripple, and an idiot. Anyone want to deny either of these propositions?

He is a mental cripple.

Can YOU provide any evidence that you are even remotely as intelligent as he?

I predicted the long Iraq quagmire.
I predicted the economic downturn and predicted it would be a long one.
Did he?

Do you really feel so ashamed of what you did that you needed to start a whole thread dedicated to defending yourself?

I have been on the phone with a friend while posting this. He has a severe disability. I ended up persuading him that you are wrong here, but being a cripple himself, he is overly sensitive.

but, no. I feel no shame. I don't do shame well. It's a human concept that serves a limited purpose in the right situation
You ought to reconsider being ashamed of your meanness to other people, Mr. Dante. It might prevent further eruptions from your personal inferno.

Pointing out somebody is mean and a cripple is nothing to ashamed of.

case closed

:cool:

As a liberal (not a progressive) I abhor censorship and pc retardedness. :eusa_whistle:

"Gook" does not offend me. I'm a liberal. Words have no power in and of themselves. I believe calling somebody a 'gook' is not the same as referring to them as a 'gook'

cripple is not the equivalent of retard or whatever.

Dr. K., was against the Balkan intervention during the Clinton years. I always thought he was a phony prick.

from the wikipedia entry: "Krauthammer opposed purely "humanitarian intervention" (with the exception of overt genocide). While he supported the 1991 Gulf War on the grounds of both humanitarianism and strategic necessity (preventing Saddam Hussein from gaining control of the Persian Gulf and its resources), he opposed American intervention in the Balkan wars on the grounds that America should not be committing the lives of its soldiers to purely humanitarian missions in which there is no American national interest at stake"

Dr. K., did flip flop here. Intellectual gymnastics are his forte. Wheelchair bound, he exceeds in mental feats of strength.

note: I actually agree with much of what he wrote ... with the caveat that what he wrote is not what he later supported when ideology and petty partisanship raised it's ugly head.

I don't often find myself agreeing with you, but uh. . . your thoughts on PC speech and Kraut. . . 2/2, man. Spot on.

Good talk.

thank you. Some people get to hide behind their status, whether that be gender, race, ability/disability/privilege, et al...

exposing mean-spirited pricks for what they are is a service call for civility itself. When pricks get called out and they and their supporters whine, it opens up the cloud of pc bullshit.

Exposure to the light of day cleanses the polity's soul

Forum List

Back