Is it possible for atheism to ever be anything more than critical theory?

Oh, so now you adjust the definition to fit what you want, in order to tell me what I believe? lol Too funny.
There is no other way to describe what you have described other than what I have listed. And since you are unwilling to share the experience which led to your belief I have no other options available.

Actually, you do have another option. If you have spent time talking to someone, and they have not lied, you can assume they are telling the truth and modify your theory or claim accordingly.

Rather than insist that I am lying, would it not be simpler to just say "most atheists are materialists"? Or even "many atheists are materialists"? Must you attempt to tear someone down to avoid modifying a blanket statement?
I'm not tearing you down. Why do you think being called a materialist is a bad thing? Is it something you should be ashamed of?

You called him a liar.

You stated you don't he doesn't understand what he believes.

Yeah- you are tearing him down- but you still can't even recognize that is what this thread is all about.

No less than if you were walkin with a sign in front of synagogue on the Sabbath that said "Jesus saves- repent or you are going to hell"
So you believe being a materialist is an insult?

I haven't seen anyone claim that being called a materialist is an insult.

But saying someone's beliefs are a "concocted story" is certainly an insult.

There is no other way to describe what you have described other than what I have listed. And since you are unwilling to share the experience which led to your belief I have no other options available.

Actually, you do have another option. If you have spent time talking to someone, and they have not lied, you can assume they are telling the truth and modify your theory or claim accordingly.

Rather than insist that I am lying, would it not be simpler to just say "most atheists are materialists"? Or even "many atheists are materialists"? Must you attempt to tear someone down to avoid modifying a blanket statement?
I'm not tearing you down. Why do you think being called a materialist is a bad thing? Is it something you should be ashamed of?

You called him a liar.

Yeah- you are tearing him down- but you still can't even recognize that is what this thread is all about.

No less than if you were walkin with a sign in front of synagogue on the Sabbath that said "Jesus saves- repent or you are going to hell"

Even if they are?

You called him a liar.

Even if they are?

More insults? I assure that they are not. Now, the insults don't do any harm to me. But let's not claim they don't exist.

Only one person actually knows whether my beleifs are what I claim they are. And that is me. Nothing I have said, from beginning to end, has changed or contradicted other comments I have made. So there is no real evidence that I concocted anything. The only reason you claim I have is because I am an atheist who is not a materialist.

You called him a liar.

Even if they are?

More insults? I assure that they are not. Now, the insults don't do any harm to me. But let's not claim they don't exist.

Only one person actually knows whether my beleifs are what I claim they are. And that is me. Nothing I have said, from beginning to end, has changed or contradicted other comments I have made. So there is no real evidence that I concocted anything. The only reason you claim I have is because I am an atheist who is not a materialist.
There’s no such thing. They don’t exist.

You called him a liar.

Even if they are?

Why don’t you create a thread for that discussion?

That way you can go into great detail into explaining how that is possible.

You called him a liar.

Even if they are?

According to whom?

You called him a liar.

Even if they are?

No need. I have explained it thoroughly in this thread (and the other two related threads you started).

Even if they are?

According to whom?
Logic.

Even if they are?

No need. I have explained it thoroughly in this thread (and the other two related threads you started).
This thread was unrelated and you couldn’t resist the urge to try and explain it again. In fact, you are still doing it.

So, yeah, you do still feel the need to explain it.

I only created one thread on the subject. You hijacked the Adam thread to continue the discussion. That wasn’t my thread.

Last edited:

Even if they are?

According to whom?
Logic.

I disagree. I believe there are incorporeal things that are not god. Therefore, believing in the incorporeal does not mean I am not an atheist (which is defined as someone who does not believe in god).

Even if they are?

This thread was unrelated and you couldn’t resist the urge to try and explain it again. In fact, you are still doing it.

I only created one thread on the subject. You hijacked the Adam thread to continue the discussion. That wasn’t my thread.

I responded to comments you made about me (or those who share my beliefs).

Even if they are?

According to whom?
Logic.

I disagree. I believe there are incorporeal things that are not god. Therefore, believing in the incorporeal does not mean I am not an atheist (which is defined as someone who does not believe in god).
You are still arguing it.

Why don’t you create a thread so you can fully explain it?

Even if they are?

I responded to comments you made about me (or those who share my beliefs).
Nope. You came in here looking for it.

You need to create your own thread on it.

According to whom?
Logic.

After all the pages you have spent denigrating what I believe, I see no reason to start another thread. Plus, there are others in these last pages who have joined in.

According to whom?
Logic.

After all the pages you have spent denigrating what I believe, I see no reason to start another thread. Plus, there are others in these last pages who have joined in.

You haven’t seen me denigrate you yet. You are the only atheist I know who believes in a lifeforce.

You haven’t seen me denigrate you yet. You are the only atheist I know who believes in a lifeforce.
Odd- here you are again telling Winterborn that he is lying.

You have done this before in this thread- and since you do not know Winterborn personally- you don't know that he is lying- that is your opinion- and yes- that is denigrating him.

But you would have to be a touch more self aware to understand that.

You called him a liar.

Even if they are?

Is it an insult when I call your belief's 'fairy tales'- even when they are?

You called him a liar.

Even if they are?

There is no such thing as gods. They don't exist.

You're spamming the thread with the same cut and paste nonsense. You're getting rather desperate.

Would you like to offer an opinion as to why the gods needed an excuse to lie?
I am showing that you don’t understand the ancient text of your own people.

It’s pretty dishonest to sidestep and evade. Why are you terrified to critically examine your religion?
The Bible correctly states that we were made from dust. Stardust to be specific. Did you know that the atoms in your body were present when space and time were created? Since that time they have merely changed form. It is amazing that the atoms in our body are 14 billion years old and were present when the universe was perfectly ordered and all matter and energy occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom.

Quite the rationalization to say that 'dust' equals atoms.

Frankly Genesis 2 could have said that man was made from ferns and you would be proclaiming here that ferns were really stardust and telling us the same shtick.

Yes- atoms are amazing- and the Bible doesn't mention them once.
Let’s take this debates to the bull ring.

Do you accept the challenge?

Sure- I will go set that up right now.

Forum List

Back