Is it acceptable for the government to force on you something you do not want?

The problem is you equate health insurance and auto insurance as similar things. Do you know the purpose of auto insurance? Do you know the purpose of health insurance? The purposes aren't the same.

Do you know what a point is?

Seems you didn't get the one I made.

Oh sorry, ahem...Your point is that health insurance is not the same as Auto insurance? Thats your point? That two different things are not the same thing?
That guy must be brilliant to figure that one out. :laugh:

Tell me about it...This guy is onto something.

Or maybe just ON something

My point is that the purpose of auto insurance and health insurance isn't the same thing despite so many trying to equate them as if it is.

Do you know what a point is?

Oh sorry, ahem...Your point is that health insurance is not the same as Auto insurance? Thats your point? That two different things are not the same thing?

My point is that the purpose of auto insurance and health insurance isn't the same thing despite so many trying to equate them as if it is.
You dont have a point really because they are both types of insurance. You ever heard of the word analogy?

"a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification."

You dont have a point really because they are both types of insurance. You ever heard of the word analogy?

"a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification."

I realize both are insurance. I also realize that different types of insurance have different PURPOSES. Some protect you and only you (i.e. - health insurance). Some protect the other guy from you (i.e. - auto).

Ever heard that false comparison based on the PURPOSE make false analogies? No, you haven't.

I realize both are insurance. I also realize that different types of insurance have different PURPOSES. Some protect you and only you (i.e. - health insurance). Some protect the other guy from you (i.e. - auto).

Ever heard that false comparison based on the PURPOSE make false analogies? No, you haven't.

You wear this when you try to make a point dont you?

NEW-font-b-SUIT-b-font-HALLOWEEN-font-b-COSTUME-b-font-FANCY-font-b-RIDDLER.jpg

No one cares about the purpose. We know you hate being wrong like you tend to frequently accomplish. However, the analogy was made to give a general comparison.

It is wrong for the government to tell
Me what I can and cannot do. Unless the thing that I want to do denies someone else their rights.
Is that simply your opinion or a fact?

It is a fact.
Actually the only fact is you are ignorant of what "wrong" means.

"Contrary to conscience, morality, or law:"

Since the ACA is law you are mistaken.

Did I mention the Obamacare you stupid fuck?
No but the OP we are discussing does. No wonder you sounded like an idiot. You were off topic.

It was a general statement, but being the illiterate moron that we all know you are, you fucked up again.

You are ignorant, illiterate, and racist. That's a pretty shitty combo there man, good luck with it.

You wear this when you try to make a point dont you?

NEW-font-b-SUIT-b-font-HALLOWEEN-font-b-COSTUME-b-font-FANCY-font-b-RIDDLER.jpg
You must write "Retard" across your forehead so people don't expect you to understand points being made.

No one cares about the purpose. We know you hate being wrong like you tend to frequently accomplish. However, the analogy was made to give a general comparison.

When the argument put forth equates the two as being for the same purpose, the purpose is what matters.

I hate being wrong. That's why I not including this case boy.

How was your Robert E. Lee Day yesterday?

Is that simply your opinion or a fact?

It is a fact.
Actually the only fact is you are ignorant of what "wrong" means.

"Contrary to conscience, morality, or law:"

Since the ACA is law you are mistaken.

Did I mention the Obamacare you stupid fuck?
No but the OP we are discussing does. No wonder you sounded like an idiot. You were off topic.

It was a general statement, but being the illiterate moron that we all know you are, you fucked up again.

You are ignorant, illiterate, and racist. That's a pretty shitty combo there man, good luck with it.
You sound pretty furious that all this time you were unaware of the topic. What an idiot! :laugh:

When the argument put forth equates the two as being for the same purpose, the purpose is what matters.

No such argument was ever put forth. Once again you demonstrate the intelligence level of your avatar name.

No such argument was ever put forth. Once again you demonstrate the intelligence level of your avatar name.

It's on a high level a yard ape like you won't ever reach.

Even if it saves my life, the government has no right to force me to take any insurance, unless required for a license for something I choose, like driving a car. My greatest objection to health care managed by any government is that I have no choice about which doctor I will see or what treatment will be paid. If I believed doctors I would have already been dead four times, but instead I make my own choice of something better that insurance would not pay for anyway. Whatever the insurance covers should be 100% our own choice, especially not any government dumb rule.

If you are prolife, you may believe there are exceptions and in some cases
yes the govt should protect life above the rights of people to choose abortion.

If you are prochoice and believe the same protections can exist WITHOUT govt forcing this by law,
then you may come across as a FU hypocrite for saying otherwise in the case of ACA mandates.

Marvin Zinn asks

Of course it is. Who the fuck is Marvin Zinn?

Even if it saves my life, the government has no right to force me to take any insurance, unless required for a license for something I choose, like driving a car. My greatest objection to health care managed by any government is that I have no choice about which doctor I will see or what treatment will be paid. If I believed doctors I would have already been dead four times, but instead I make my own choice of something better that insurance would not pay for anyway. Whatever the insurance covers should be 100% our own choice, especially not any government dumb rule.
Your ignorance should be your greater concern, as the ACA doesn't 'force' anyone to have insurance.

WHAT?
Where are you getting this C_Clayton_Jones

The WHOLE controversy is over whether the federal govt
has the right to impose a TAX PENALTY if people choose other means of paying for health
care besides the prescribed insurance or approved exemptions that are very narrow.

While giving exemptions to people, including govt officials who have their insurance paid for by taxpayers.

Great! If you are saying we are NOT required to buy insurance
to avoid a 1% fine paid to the IRS then there is NO CONFLICT.

OK C_Clayton_Jones I am happy to make a bet with you.

If you claim there is no coercion such as tax penalty to make peole buy insurance,
then let's sign an agreement that for all the people who refuse to buy insurance
then YOU agree to pay their penalties for them to show there is no such penalty.

Are you willing to pay the difference? That's wonderful if you believe in free choice
and are willing to cover any penalty that might otherwise be imposed by federal govt on someone's free choice!

If you cannot afford this yourself, I am happy to help you set up
a fundraising site and account to pay all the fines "that don't exist"
for people who don't believe federal govt has the authority to make you buy insurance under penalty of tax fines.

Super!

And CCJones if you mean that all people are under this "tax"
and it's only that exemptions are given for insurance, that's still DISCRIMINATORY
because
1. it only exempts people who buy the govt approved insurance and doesn't exempt
people who want to invest in other means of health care, such as teaching hospitals or medical service internships and facilities
2. the taxes only go into the govt regulated health care and aren't deductible by an equal
choice to fund other means of health care, including spiritual healing to prevent crime and disease
and to cover more people with the same resources

So this is still penalizing people on the basis of creed, where the money spent on health
care is FORCED to go into systems regulated by govt even if this is AGAINST PEOPLE'S BELIEFS

It imposes "punitive prohibitive" measures to prevent people from
investing in health care solutions other than the BELIEFS approved of by the party that passed this bill.

but fine, if you really believe that is the only way anyway to pay for health care
so it isn't forcing or fining anyone who would "use these means anyway"
then let's set up a fund and you can pay the fines of all the people who opt to invest
in other means of providing health care BESIDES govt mandated insurance we don't believe in
as the only way.

Are you really willing to pay the difference? That's great, I will help you raise the money to do so.
I believe in free choice and don't believe free choice should be penalized by taxes while other
choices are exempted.

In American, no

In a Progressive Utopia like the old USSR, Communist China, Hitlers Germany or North Korea, yes!

Your ignorance should be your greater concern, as the ACA doesn't 'force' anyone to have insurance.

Fuck that, when you hit me with your car you better have insurance. What? Trust that people will pay you out of pocket or something?
if they don't, they get arrested and a lean is put on their paycheck until they have paid you off

Fuck that, when you hit me with your car you better have insurance. What? Trust that people will pay you out of pocket or something?

What if it's your fault? You better have insurance.

No because I dont want too.

See how fucking stupid that is?
then you get your license suspended and get arrested if found driving

you not having health ins has little to no impact on the rest of us.

but fining me for not having it has a big impact

"if they don't, they get arrested and a lean is put on their paycheck until they have paid you
then you get your license suspended and get arrested if found driving"

Because that doesn't happen, doesn't work, because people were getting screwed by uninsured drivers, you are now required to carry insurance.

"you not having health ins has little to no impact on the rest of us."

Tax payers paying for your health does indeed have an impact.

Marvin Zinn asks

Of course it is. Who the fuck is Marvin Zinn?

Just some guy who doesn't want to pay for his own health care insurance.

My bet is, he's a big Reagan fan and thinks EMTALA is the way to go.

Forum List

Back