Is it a mosque or "cultural center"?

Oh, and on the sharia law thing...I agree that anyone that wants to enforce that is a radical, just as any of many Christian groups that want to enforce their version of fundamentalism is a radical. In other words, they all suck...but you seem willing to accommodate one radical over another. :eusa_whistle:
Damn right. We're a christian centric nation who has chose to follow a live and let live path. BUT, that does not excuse a deliberate affront to our nation in the form of this mosque being built in sight of the religious victory of radical islamists. If there was a mosque there beforehand, I'd have less of a problem, because it WAS there. But this is being built as an affront to this nation and what it stands in celebration of death.

You can white wash it any way you want. The truth is this is an insult and affront to Americans everywhere by radicals who seek conquest not coexistance.

Doesn't matter what type of religion it is...you are trying to compare apples and oranges and failing.
Not at all. I am pointing out rampant hypocrisy. The Greek Orthodox church is NOT on ground zero in as much that their building was next to it, privately owned and destroyed from everything I've heard. Now suddenly the port authority is preventing the rebuilding of a traditional church on that spot and I see you have a problem with it. Did Greek Orthadox parshioners attack on 9/11? no. They did not. Wahabbists did and tey are repreresented at this abomination of a mosque in a place that is commercial, not residential and not a good location even according to muslims that live in the area. The man who's heading this up wants sharia law enforced on the US and you are blind to the implications of what this means.

ANYONE who desires sharia law in the US is a radical. Period.
From what I understand, the GOC site was moved slightly to accommodate the WTC memorial. I don't have a problem with that. I also don't have a problem with any other religious group building something in the area.

I have a problem with any religious site being located ON Ground Zero. Except perhaps the GOC, since they were there before 9/11.

And yes...your comparisons are not valid.
:rolleyes:

yes it is!
no it isnt! blah blah blah ginger blah.

Wonder how many DemonRats will support muslims "wiping Israel off the face of the earth."?

Probably all of them.

I marvel at the logic processes of loons like you......

israel is jewish

according to most sources American jews tend to be democrats

yet
here you are suggesting that jewish democrats would love to see muslims wipe out israel.....

ANYONE who desires sharia law in the US is a radical. Period
//

Agreed, but what does this have to do with the topic of this thread.

I desire no religious based law running my country.

//

Sharia Law is Islamic Culture.

What is trying to be built? An islamic cultural center.

I dunno. It's not hard logic for me. Why can't you see it when the man in charge has stated flatly he wants to spread Sharia Law to the US and make it the law of the land.

Did he stutter or something? Perfectly clear to me.

//

I dunno. It's not hard logic for me. Why can't you see it when the man in charge has stated flatly he wants to spread Sharia Law to the US and make it the law of the land.

Have we become such a fear ridden country that we are afraid of religious ideas?

This is truely sad.

Remember something about freedom of speech and religion in that Damned piece of paper as Bush called it?

the fear in America is alarming. We have become a nation of whiny wussies.

//

Have we become such a fear ridden country that we are afraid of religious ideas?

This is truely sad.

Remember something about freedom of speech and religion in that Damned piece of paper as Bush called it?

the fear in America is alarming. We have become a nation of whiny wussies.
When religious ideas kill people for questioning them, yes. I think it's a damn wise thing to fear such barbarism and stop it at the border if necessary. I suppose you're fine with human sacrifice too being so tolerant.

And you're going to try and butch up on this?

Oh my gawd. "damned piece of paper" what's this bullshit you projecting now. Link it, bitch.

Okay folks, all this noise about a Islamic Cultural Center (which includes a mosque) being "too close" to Ground Zero in New York is just (yet another) political football for the upcoming elections. There's been a functioning mosque in that exact same area for the last 40 years! So Peter King, Newt Gingrich, and all the neocon punditry can go blow smoke up each other's butts...unles they're willing to publically call for the elimination of ALL mosques within a certain radius of Ground Zero or admit they're wrong or just shut the hell up.

The majority of people who support all this hoop-la wouldn't know a muslim if they tripped over one.....it's all misplaced revenge feelings. Understandable, but not rational all logical. And all this stuff about the iman behind this being terrorist linked is interesting, being that the guy was the Bush administration's point man for relations right after 9/11. Gee, I wouldn't hold my breath to see if all involved with that will say they made a mistake.

I said this a few years ago, and I'll say it again...where was all this public angst and call for examinations and shut downs of churches and organizations when Tim McVeigh and company layed waste to 300 people in Oklahoma City? What you did have was a concerted effort to ensure the crime was by individuals that weren't representations of established institutions by the media, politicians and law enforcement.

Come on, America...get your act together.

And where are you every Christmas when the libturds try to shut down Christmas?

No one came into your house and took away your Christmas tree and presents...no one came into your church and shut down midnight mass or Christmas services. No cop arrested you for saying "Merry Christmas" to someone on the street. That didn't happen anywhere in America, so please don't lie and say it did.

You avoid all my points to spew some moronic mantra that's right out of the Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh broadcast sheet. If you can't refute my original post here, then please don't waste time and space with these silly dodges.

Oh, and on the sharia law thing...I agree that anyone that wants to enforce that is a radical, just as any of many Christian groups that want to enforce their version of fundamentalism is a radical. In other words, they all suck...but you seem willing to accommodate one radical over another. :eusa_whistle:
Damn right. We're a christian centric nation who has chose to follow a live and let live path. BUT, that does not excuse a deliberate affront to our nation in the form of this mosque being built in sight of the religious victory of radical islamists. If there was a mosque there beforehand, I'd have less of a problem, because it WAS there. But this is being built as an affront to this nation and what it stands in celebration of death.

You can white wash it any way you want. The truth is this is an insult and affront to Americans everywhere by radicals who seek conquest not coexistance.
Um...no. We are a country founded on the principal that fundamentalists can never rule.

It's only an affront if your delicate sensibilities are affronted.

9/11 was a time when all Americans were united. It didn't matter what religion, race, political slant or anything.

I'd like to see us get back there.

9/11 was a time when all Americans were united. It didn't matter what religion, race, political slant or anything.

I'd like to see us get back there.

the political pendulam is swinging fast and hard......unity means loss of power.....welcome to english politics......it is only a matter of time until someone throws something on the house or senate floor.....

Okay folks, all this noise about a Islamic Cultural Center (which includes a mosque) being "too close" to Ground Zero in New York is just (yet another) political football for the upcoming elections. There's been a functioning mosque in that exact same area for the last 40 years! So Peter King, Newt Gingrich, and all the neocon punditry can go blow smoke up each other's butts...unles they're willing to publically call for the elimination of ALL mosques within a certain radius of Ground Zero or admit they're wrong or just shut the hell up.

The majority of people who support all this hoop-la wouldn't know a muslim if they tripped over one.....it's all misplaced revenge feelings. Understandable, but not rational all logical. And all this stuff about the iman behind this being terrorist linked is interesting, being that the guy was the Bush administration's point man for relations right after 9/11. Gee, I wouldn't hold my breath to see if all involved with that will say they made a mistake.

I said this a few years ago, and I'll say it again...where was all this public angst and call for examinations and shut downs of churches and organizations when Tim McVeigh and company layed waste to 300 people in Oklahoma City? What you did have was a concerted effort to ensure the crime was by individuals that weren't representations of established institutions by the media, politicians and law enforcement.

No one came into your house and took away your Christmas tree and presents...no one came into your church and shut down midnight mass or Christmas services. No cop arrested you for saying "Merry Christmas" to someone on the street. That didn't happen anywhere in America, so please don't lie and say it did.

You avoid all my points to spew some moronic mantra that's right out of the Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh broadcast sheet. If you can't refute my original post here, then please don't waste time and space with these silly dodges.

This is why most normal thinking folk think Willow is a moron. No substance to her post, just generic sound bites a la her boyfriend Glenn Beck...

How odd. I was fairly sure the building was an old Burlington Coat Factory structure.

:confused: How does this affect what I stated?

Park51, originally named Cordoba House and sometimes referred to as the "Ground Zero mosque", is a planned $100 million, 13-story, glass and steel Islamic community center, which will include a mosque or prayer space, a 500-seat auditorium, and a swimming pool.[5] The facility intends to provide space for Friday prayers for 1,000–2,000 Muslims.[6] The proposed Cordoba House would replace an existing 1850s Italianate building that was damaged in the September 11 attacks, located two blocks (about 600 feet, or 180 meters) from Ground Zero in New York City.[6][7]

Park51 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know it's from wiki, but the Cordoba website is "under maintenance". 1000-2000 people worshipping? My church doesn't hold half that.

But as far as tax exemption, I believe even if it was just a YMCA-like community center, they would be exempt.

15 stories means a lot of meeting rooms. That concerns me more. Maybe the building will have "ears". Let's hope so.

No public complaints about all the large and small christian churches of various denominations throughout New York after it's discovered that the Vatican was in on the aiding and abetting of pedophiles eluding justice. No public panic when Tim McVeigh and cohorts made their beliefs (twisted versions of catholicism) known, no panic when you had "christians'' involved in murder of doctors that performed abortions.

Fair is fair. And believe you me, our intelligence agencies will have eyes on this....as has been the policy since 9/11.

:lol::lol:

yeah, I found his response funny too...because to date there have been no reports of the Feds storming houses or churches to prevent people from worshipping or celebrating Christmas. His response was just some idiotic dodge from the points I made, of which he obviously has no logical rebuttal.

It will have a worship center in it... Really, I dont care.

To me it is insensetive for muslims to want to continue on with their plans, considering the deviciveness of the "project".

Whatever happened to not wanting to offend?

Oh, thats right.... its OK to offend the majority. Who cares if over 70% of Americans in general are against it.

Just one mans opinion though
:eusa_whistle:

Well, there is that whole point of the Constitution and Bill of Rights to defend the minority against the injustice of the majority.

Nothing illegal about the proposal....there's been a mosque 4 blocks away from what is now "Ground Zero" for about 40 years now. Do we remove that one too?

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has claimed that the new Islamic center project “would be like putting a Nazi sign next to the Holocaust Museum.” Referencing that quote, Scarborough expressed angry disdain at Gingrich’s intolerance. “I don’t know where to begin,” Scarborough said. “To suggest that someone trying to build a tolerance center for moderate Muslims in New York is the equivalent of killing six million Jews is stunning to me.”

I think Mckinnon makes a pretty good point here.
McKinnon then chimed in, arguing that the debate surrounding the Cordoba House project is contrary to his party’s principles. “We may get our membership [by the GOP] revoked,” McKinnon joked. “Screw ‘em,” Scarborough responded. McKinnon then said that the GOP’s stance is “reinforcing al Qaeda’s message”:

McKINNON: Usually Republicans are forthright in defending the Constitution. And here we are, reinforcing al Qaeda’s message that we’re at war with Muslims. So we’ve got this issue; then we’ve got the 14th Amendment issue, where Republicans are saying you’re not welcome here, when we were the architects of the 14th Amendment. So, I see a bad pattern where we’re headed as a Republican Party.

McKinnon said he believed President Obama has “done the right thing in stepping forward at this time on this issue.” He added, “Tolerance means tolerating things you don’t like, especially when you don’t like them. … I respect the President for making this move.” Watch it:

Think Progress Former Bush Adviser Mark McKinnon Rips GOP?s Stance On Mosque: ?We?re Reinforcing Al Qaeda?s Message?

Freedom of religion is what seperates us from our enemies.

The greatest ally AQ has is the Republican Party.

Certainly they are their best recruiter.

Forum List

Back