Is it a mosque or "cultural center"?

Cordoba House is a Muslim cultural center.
what is the culture of this sect of Islam? Regardless, the culture of Islam is built around it's religion. The only other culturally relative comparative I can make is the Amish. Except the Amish are far more pacific.

If it's wahabbi, it is terrorism, killing infidels, oppression of women and conversion by the sword.

Just remember Sky, being gay, they will kill you and your partner. You cannot survive co-existence with them if they are in power. That is strict sharia law for you. Do you want to live a life of fear, praying no one figures out your nature, hiding and never being able to be open about it lest you be killed? I doubt it. Just giving you some context of what you defend.

This is what the radicals desire.

Last edited:
Okay folks, all this noise about a Islamic Cultural Center (which includes a mosque) being "too close" to Ground Zero in New York is just (yet another) political football for the upcoming elections. There's been a functioning mosque in that exact same area for the last 40 years! So Peter King, Newt Gingrich, and all the neocon punditry can go blow smoke up each other's butts...unles they're willing to publically call for the elimination of ALL mosques within a certain radius of Ground Zero or admit they're wrong or just shut the hell up.

The majority of people who support all this hoop-la wouldn't know a muslim if they tripped over one.....it's all misplaced revenge feelings. Understandable, but not rational all logical. And all this stuff about the iman behind this being terrorist linked is interesting, being that the guy was the Bush administration's point man for relations right after 9/11. Gee, I wouldn't hold my breath to see if all involved with that will say they made a mistake.

I said this a few years ago, and I'll say it again...where was all this public angst and call for examinations and shut downs of churches and organizations when Tim McVeigh and company layed waste to 300 people in Oklahoma City? What you did have was a concerted effort to ensure the crime was by individuals that weren't representations of established institutions by the media, politicians and law enforcement.

Come on, America...get your act together.

And where are you every Christmas when the libturds try to shut down Christmas?

:lol::lol:

you know it cracks me up when so many people in this country think that if this mosque is built shariah will come to this country. i mean do you actually think shariah will come here? many muslim country don't even shariah law.

Last edited:
I've listened to Scarborough rant about Newt's comments for two days now and I think he's totally off the wall. To me Newt was drawing no such equivalence to the murder of six million Jews. He was IMO just pointing out by analogy a mosque near ground zero would be as insensitive as, presumably, a swastika at the Holocaust Museum. And I think that's correct.

you know it cracks me up when so many people in this country think that if this mosque is built shariah will come to this country. i mean do you actually think shariah will come here? many muslim country don't even shariah law.
Nia, it has already happened in majority Muslim areas all over europe. They pile into an area, take it over by breeding and unintegrated population and then demand to take care of their own problems like colonies from the middle east. They institute Sharia Law on the sly, approved by ignorant town/city councils and ignored by the higher government bodies as long as things are kept quiet.

Dearborn Michigan is already having issues with this where there is a very large colony of un-integrated 'americans' from the mid east. They may have been made citizens, but in their heart they will never be Americans and teach their children the same way. I have seen first hand also, the muslim schools which go long ways to prevent any western 'contamination'. And yes, I've heard instructors refer to all western media as 'contamination'. The children are not even allowed to listen to radio, only tapes of muslim prayer music. They are an invading culture, not immigrants. Seen it and heard it admitted first hand.

This is the plan as set forth by the Arab Brotherhood since the 1920's. Move in, saturate the population, demand recognition of sharia Law, elect councilmembers, establish sharia law in the legal code, keep going till you supplant former western law. Lather, rinse, repeat.

that's the problem with 90% of Americans these days. if it is not on a sit com schedule or resolved in an hour or TV season at most, it can't possibly be happening. They have no mind or care for long cons, or far reaching strategies. Very soft headed that way. Not to mention Khrushchev was right, we are a very naive and gullible nation. Wanting to believe the bad guys are going to tell us the truth and are shocked to discover they lied their ass off right to our face.

Liberals most of all because they're blinded by their idealistic rose colored Utopian world view.

Last edited:
it won't be dedicated to just praying. some floor will but im almost sure the rest of the floors will be for islamic classes and i heard somewhere they plan who have a school as well. a lot of mosque use it for other things other than prayer so it's not something uncommon.

Islamic classes, translation, terrorist training classes.
No. They pray, then they get internet feeds from Saudi Arabia that preach death to America and Israel and against 'the evils of the west' and then they have web forums for the radical Muslim elite from the Mosque where they plot terror attacks. :eusa_shhh:

then they go to a tittie bar and get drunk .... while their wives sit home wearing a body bag .....

Cordoba House is a Muslim cultural center.

A culture of hate
A culture that kills for "religious" reasons.
A culture that rules by fear.
A culture that is intolerant of any religion but their own.
A culture that oppresses women.
A culture that oppresses sexual "deviants"
A culture that includes stoning people to death
A culture that includes cutting off noses.
A culture that includes cutting off ears.
A culture that includes cutting off hands.
A culture that endorses terrorists and terrorism.
A culture that puts out death warrants on anyone who "insults" them.

Will they teach this culture there?

What I want to see is on 9/11/11 the networks be forced to rebroadcast their programming day from 9/11/01. ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, FNC. All have to rebroadcast everything from 0700EST to 1900EST.

People have forgotten and need to have it shoved in front of their face.

So what are you thoughts. Is this thing they are building near ground zero in NYC a mosque or a "cultural center"

If they are looking for tax exemption for religious reasons, then it is a MOSQUE without a question or doubt. In my opinion it is a mosque.

If it is truly a "cultural center" will the women be barred from mixing with men? Will American women be required to "dress modestly" when inside? Will women be allowed to enter without a male companion? Will they sell burkas in the cultural shop?

Will they share their ideas and customs of Shariah law.

Will they talk about cutting off women noses and having the husband saw off her ears?

Will they about their cultural views and punishments of "deviant" sexual behavior?

Will they share cultural tolerance of other religions?
From what I understand, it will be a tall building within which will be a mosque. Like having a chapel within a building...many hospitals contain chapels but you wouldn't call the hospital a chapel.

So what are you thoughts. Is this thing they are building near ground zero in NYC a mosque or a "cultural center"

If they are looking for tax exemption for religious reasons, then it is a MOSQUE without a question or doubt. In my opinion it is a mosque.

If it is truly a "cultural center" will the women be barred from mixing with men? Will American women be required to "dress modestly" when inside? Will women be allowed to enter without a male companion? Will they sell burkas in the cultural shop?

Will they talk about cutting off women noses and having the husband saw off her ears?

Will they about their cultural views and punishments of "deviant" sexual behavior?

From what I understand, it will be a tall building within which will be a mosque. Like having a chapel within a building...many hospitals contain chapels but you wouldn't call the hospital a chapel.

Hospitals have chapels where ALL religions may do their thing. Will this place allow Jewish or chirstians worship in the meeting spaces? If not then it is very different from a hospital. Hospitals are also non denominational...they don't care what faith you are.

They called it a mosque, until public opinion got to hot, then they changed the title to "cultural center"

So a megachurch with services ONLY for Muslims. Distinction without a difference.

Cultural Center/community center/ Islamic Center...

They are all centered on islam and that means it's a Mosque, a Center for Islamic Community.

Whoopdie doo.

It's not a church it's a Center for Christian a Fundamentalist Community. Why would you not want that in Mecca?

I used to go to a Methodist student center next to OSU many years ago.
Church or cultural center?

I went there to pick up chicks and practice martial arts.

I'm very grateful and thankful that the the Japanese Hawaiian's did not build a Buddist Temple close to the Pearl Harbor Memorial. They also had the right to do so. They could have built a Buddha Shrine that would have been bigger and taller than the Memorial, but they did'nt.
Why?
Because they had respect for the Memorial and sensitivity to all Americans who would have been outraged about it had they done so.
Unlike this Muslim leader who seems to not understand what a Memorial means in this country.

I'm very grateful and thankful that the the Japanese Hawaiian's did not build a Buddist Temple close to the Pearl Harbor Memorial. They also had the right to do so. They could have built a Buddha Shrine that would have been bigger and taller than the Memorial, but they did'nt.
Why?
Because they had respect for the Memorial and sensitivity to all Americans who would have been outraged about it had they done so.
Unlike this Muslim leader who seems to not understand what a Memorial means in this country.

the one dowtown that existed before the war was closed after the attack and did not reopen until 20 years later..... also i believe t was shinto not buddist's that "ruled" the japanese war machine...

Hospitals have chapels where ALL religions may do their thing. Will this place allow Jewish or chirstians worship in the meeting spaces? If not then it is very different from a hospital. Hospitals are also non denominational...they don't care what faith you are.

They called it a mosque, until public opinion got to hot, then they changed the title to "cultural center"
I don't think you're right...it has been referred to as a cultural center all along. To me, at least, a mosque is strictly a religious building.

I've no idea if other denominations will be able to hold worship services, nor do I care. I wouldn't expect Muslims to worship in a Christian chapel.

I really don't understand the problem with this...at first I also thought it was a stupid idea, but at first I thought it would be built on Ground Zero. The location is two blocks away.

So a megachurch with services ONLY for Muslims. Distinction without a difference.

Cultural Center/community center/ Islamic Center...

They are all centered on islam and that means it's a Mosque, a Center for Islamic Community.

Whoopdie doo.

It's not a church it's a Center for Christian a Fundamentalist Community. Why would you not want that in Mecca?
I think it is fair to call it an Islamic Center. Whoopdie doo indeed.

btw, I'm not interested in Mecca. Saudi Arabia can go fuck itself. We are not Saudi Arabia.

Forum List

Back