Is it a mosque or "cultural center"?

it won't be dedicated to just praying. some floor will but im almost sure the rest of the floors will be for islamic classes and i heard somewhere they plan who have a school as well. a lot of mosque use it for other things other than prayer so it's not something uncommon.

Islamic classes, translation, terrorist training classes.
No. They pray, then they get internet feeds from Saudi Arabia that preach death to America and Israel and against 'the evils of the west' and then they have web forums for the radical Muslim elite from the Mosque where they plot terror attacks. :eusa_shhh:

'Should An Islamic Center Be Built Near Ground Zero? - Interview With Sharif El-Gamal, Developer Of Islamic Center In Manhattan'

'Aren’t you afraid it will become a place for protests, and maybe even violence?'

"No, I don’t. I believe that people are good, at the end of the day. When good people come together, and good intentions are behind something, something good is going to happen. I feel so blessed to be an American, to have my local officials, to have my friends, neighbors. To have my Jewish brothers and sisters, my Christian brothers and sisters. To be a New-Yorker. It’s an historic moment for the Muslims in this country. It reaffirms what the foundation of America is."

San Francisco Sentinel Blog Archives SHOULD AN ISLAMIC CENTER BE BUILT NEAR GROUND ZERO? - INTERVIEW WITH SHARIF EL-GAMAL, DEVELOPER OF ISLAMIC CENTER IN MANHATTAN

>

Park51, originally named Cordoba House and sometimes referred to as the "Ground Zero mosque", is a planned $100 million, 13-story, glass and steel Islamic community center, which will include a mosque or prayer space, a 500-seat auditorium, and a swimming pool.[5] The facility intends to provide space for Friday prayers for 1,000–2,000 Muslims.[6] The proposed Cordoba House would replace an existing 1850s Italianate building that was damaged in the September 11 attacks, located two blocks (about 600 feet, or 180 meters) from Ground Zero in New York City.[6][7]

Park51 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know it's from wiki, but the Cordoba website is "under maintenance". 1000-2000 people worshipping? My church doesn't hold half that.

But as far as tax exemption, I believe even if it was just a YMCA-like community center, they would be exempt.

15 stories means a lot of meeting rooms. That concerns me more. Maybe the building will have "ears". Let's hope so.

'Should An Islamic Center Be Built Near Ground Zero? - Interview With Sharif El-Gamal, Developer Of Islamic Center In Manhattan'

'Aren’t you afraid it will become a place for protests, and maybe even violence?'

"No, I don’t. I believe that people are good, at the end of the day. When good people come together, and good intentions are behind something, something good is going to happen. I feel so blessed to be an American, to have my local officials, to have my friends, neighbors. To have my Jewish brothers and sisters, my Christian brothers and sisters. To be a New-Yorker. It’s an historic moment for the Muslims in this country. It reaffirms what the foundation of America is."

Those are mighty Pretty Words,

but at the end of the day,

they are Just WORDS,

and quite frankly, after the skoolin' Obama has given us on the manipulation of Pretty Words,

I honestly don't believe anyone could fail to see the danger of just blindly accepting that those Words actually MEAN anything.

Last edited:
Items of interest in the news media's coverage of "moderate Muslims":

• The New York Times, Oct. 19, 2001: "Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki, spiritual leader at the Dar al-Hijra mosque in Virginia, one of the nation's largest. . . . is held up as a new generation of Muslim leader capable of merging East and West."

• NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, Dec. 9, 2004: "It's the TV industry's newest experiment, 'Bridges TV,' billing itself the 'American-Muslim lifestyle network,' featuring movies, documentaries, cartoons. . . . It's the brainchild of Aasiya Hassan, an architect, and her husband, Muzzamil Hassan, a banker, who are disturbed that negative images of Muslims seem to dominate TV, especially since 9/11."

Most readers probably know of Awlaki as the U.S.-born imam who presided over the mosque attended by two of the 9/11 hijackers. Awlaki also served as theological mentor to Fort Hood killer Nidal Malik Hasan, would-be Christmas Day bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, and Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad. President Obama has authorized the military to assassinate Awlaki, now thought to be living in Yemen.

As for Bridges TV, the saccharine story told by Brian Williams and reporter Ron Allen (complete with scenes of the family's domestic bliss in their modest home in Buffalo, N.Y.), came to an abrupt end in February 2009, when Mr. Hasan beheaded his wife after she had filed for divorce, evicted him from their home, and won an order of protection.

Bret Stephens: Our 'Moderate Muslim' Problem - WSJ.com

Well then, let's assume the worst. It's a Taliban recruitment center. Fine. Is it gonna be less of a threat if it is moved another block away from Ground Zero? I don't understand why this is even an issue...I think all of you are allowing the right wing pundits to push your buttons.

I don't get you guys. All the bitching and moaning I hear about "christians aren't being respected" blah blah blah. Go re-read some of the threads about that silly woman who wanted to become a public school counselor whilst "upholding her christian beliefs about the evils of homosexuality". You were bellyaching about religious freedom THEN.

How can any of you be so hypocritical as to argue NOW that religious freedom should be restricted? Are you really so dense as to think you have any more freedom than is permitted to the least popular among us?

Of course you don't understand you fucking asswipe. Go visit some family members of those who jumped to their deaths because some muslims flew airplanes into the WTC.. maybe they can help your stupid pig ass to understand.

C"mon Maddie. "Least popular" is quite a euphemism for terrorists and their supporters. If it can't be stopped, at least it can be objected to and not "enthusiastically endorsed" by politicians.

Well then, let's assume the worst. It's a Taliban recruitment center. Fine. Is it gonna be less of a threat if it is moved another block away from Ground Zero? I don't understand why this is even an issue...I think all of you are allowing the right wing pundits to push your buttons.

I don't get you guys. All the bitching and moaning I hear about "christians aren't being respected" blah blah blah. Go re-read some of the threads about that silly woman who wanted to become a public school counselor whilst "upholding her christian beliefs about the evils of homosexuality". You were bellyaching about religious freedom THEN.

How can any of you be so hypocritical as to argue NOW that religious freedom should be restricted? Are you really so dense as to think you have any more freedom than is permitted to the least popular among us?

I am not arguing their religious freedom at all. I am NOT saying they should NOT be ALLOWED to build on the site.

I AM asking about what they are calling it. mosque or "cultural canter"

They are trying to play the political correct wording bullshit. The figured out that calling the place what it is, a mosque, is going to have opposition. The idea of "cultural center" somehow is more palatable.

Again if a mosque call it mosque. Do any damn thing you want.

If a "cultural center" built to reach out to Americans to get to know the " islamic culture" better, the question that begs to be asked is ARE THEY going to inform people about their culture.

Are they going to make women who enter cover up?
Are they going to inform about their treatment of women?
Are they going to talk about stoning people to death?

That is culture.

Last edited:
C"mon Maddie. "Least popular" is quite a euphemism for terrorists and their supporters. If it can't be stopped, at least it can be objected to and not "enthusiastically endorsed" by politicians.

I am not persuaded every Muslim is a terrorist, chanel.

I have a girlfriend who lives in Topeka, home to that whack job Fred Phelps. She'd like nothing better than to shove him and his beshitted Westboro Baptist Church out of town, and I understand how she feels. But no matter how despicable someone's religious beliefs may be, as long as they otherwise obey the law they have the right to congregate and believe as they wish.

We don't have any right at all that we aren't willing to see exercised by a minority we despise. If Muslim Americans must be government-monitored and controlled as a condition of practicing their faith, then so must all religious people.

Is that the American future you want?

Of course you don't understand you fucking asswipe. Go visit some family members of those who jumped to their deaths because some muslims flew airplanes into the WTC.. maybe they can help your stupid pig ass to understand.

I lost a family member to 9/11 and I don't hate Muslims or object to the Cordoba Center. I don't want my cousin's legacy to be one of prejudice.

“We must all recognize and respect the sensitivities surrounding the development of lower Manhattan,” “The 9/11 attacks were a deeply traumatic event for our country. And the pain and the experience of suffering by those who lost loved ones is just unimaginable. So I understand the emotions that this issue engenders. And Ground Zero is, indeed, hallowed ground.”

“But let me be clear. As a citizen, and as president, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country. And that includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances,” he said.

“This is America. And our commitment to religious freedom must be unshakeable. The principle that people of all faiths are welcome in this country and that they will not be treated differently by their government is essential to who we are. The writ of the Founders must endure,”

Barack Obama

Last edited:
Cordoba House is a Muslim cultural center.

Park51, originally named Cordoba House and sometimes referred to as the "Ground Zero mosque", is a planned $100 million, 13-story, glass and steel Islamic community center, which will include a mosque or prayer space, a 500-seat auditorium, and a swimming pool.[5] The facility intends to provide space for Friday prayers for 1,000–2,000 Muslims.[6] The proposed Cordoba House would replace an existing 1850s Italianate building that was damaged in the September 11 attacks, located two blocks (about 600 feet, or 180 meters) from Ground Zero in New York City.[6][7]

Park51 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

When it comes to commenting on the building of religious structures, I strongly feel that politicians should say "no comment".

Lassie will have a lot of slippers to fetch.

mosque_2.jpg

Forum List

Back