Is it a mosque or "cultural center"?

mosque or cultural center, the most accurate description of the building is: recruiting tool.

So a mosque is not just a house of worship? Big deal. How many RCC churches have schools, meeting halls, senior centers, etc. attached? So do many other denominations.

As for filing for a tax exemption as a church, how the hell do you know what their Private Letter Ruling application says? Have you seen it?

That's exactly what I said last night Madeline. My Christian Church has a church, a library, a softball field, a gym, a school, an outdoor gazebo etc etc, but its a church, not a community center.

as for the other, I read it somewhere, to be honest I don't remember where but am looking for it.

I think it's a bullshit issue, but we can agree to disagree syrenn.

It IS a bullshit issue in the sense that why did they suddenly change from calling it a mosque to calling it a community center last week? The plans haven't changed, same building. Oh that's right a poll came out that said that "9/11 mosque" pisses most americans off, so they dishonestly started calling it a community center instead. If they will lie about something so stupid and inconsequential, what WON'T they lie about?

Well, to me mosque means "a house of worship". Do you really think there's a 15 story house of worship anywhere on Earth? I get that you find it deceptive because any denomination might have a cultural center, but only a Muslim congregation would have a mosque.

But I think everyone is clear that this building will house Muslim religious activities and related activities. I don't think there's much chance anyone will mistake it for a church, no matter what they call it.

May not be 15 stories tall, but it holds 60,000 people

St%20Peters%20Basilica%20--%20Vaticano.jpg

I've never heard the pope refer to it as a community center.

I posted a link to the website of the national mosque of Bangladesh in another thread, it holds 40,000 people and contains 250 shops, they call it a mosque.

yeah, but where's the racquetball court?

A better question is where is Luissa to scream that she doesn't care what 1.5B people call it, if the 20 Muslims are building it want to call it a hot dog stand, then so will she. :lol::lol::lol:

So what are you thoughts. Is this thing they are building near ground zero in NYC a mosque or a "cultural center"

If they are looking for tax exemption for religious reasons, then it is a MOSQUE without a question or doubt. In my opinion it is a mosque.

If it is truly a "cultural center" will the women be barred from mixing with men? Will American women be required to "dress modestly" when inside? Will women be allowed to enter without a male companion? Will they sell burkas in the cultural shop?

Will they share their ideas and customs of Shariah law.

Will they talk about cutting off women noses and having the husband saw off her ears?

Will they about their cultural views and punishments of "deviant" sexual behavior?

Will they share cultural tolerance of other religions?
As Rush pointed out today, it's "fitnah"... troublemaking to provoke a response and thumb their nose at stupid infidels who have forgotten they are in a religious war that's gone on for centuries. Just like hats were dipped in the blood of the slaughtered city of Fez, this is a deliberate provocation.

There is a mosque already in the area, 13 blocks away from the twin towers that had been there since before the collapse. Why another in such a sensitive spot? There are over 100 mosques in the city already.

To further the curiosity on whether or not something's being politically rammed through, why is it that St. Nicholas, the only religious structure destroyed during 9/11, next door to the twin towers has been prevented from rebuilding a traditional Greek Orthedox church on it's own property?

Kind of strange... is it not? A christian church stymied and a deliberately insulting mosque fast tracked.

it won't be dedicated to just praying. some floor will but im almost sure the rest of the floors will be for islamic classes and i heard somewhere they plan who have a school as well. a lot of mosque use it for other things other than prayer so it's not something uncommon.

it won't be dedicated to just praying. some floor will but im almost sure the rest of the floors will be for islamic classes and i heard somewhere they plan who have a school as well. a lot of mosque use it for other things other than prayer so it's not something uncommon.

Islamic classes, translation, terrorist training classes.

Forum List

Back