Is Home-Schooling a Fundamental Right?

If I'm willing to stipulate that you do not have anything intelligent to add to this discussion, will you stop trying to convince me?

Gee, it has been overwhelmingly shown that you do not understand constitutional law. Yet that hasn't prevented you from opining.

Show me ONE thing I got wrong.

Let Founding Father Alexander Hamilton explain it to you:

Here, in strictness, the people surrender nothing, and as they retain every thing, they have no need of particular reservations."

Gee, it has been overwhelmingly shown that you do not understand constitutional law. Yet that hasn't prevented you from opining.

Sure.

Giving up on getting an education.

In other words, you can't. When are you going to state for the record whether or not you think - in your personal opinion - homeschooling is a constitutional right?

I said it is. Few have agreed with me.

Here, in strictness, the people surrender nothing, and as they retain every thing, they have no need of particular reservations."

I will literally pay someone $20, via Paypal, to explain to me, to my satisfaction (and I'm a fair man) what the fuck the above jibberish means,

and more importantly, how it proves beyond a reasonable doubt that I got something wrong.

Again, I sincerely believe that you will be happier in Cuba, Venezuela and other tyrannical regimes.

Esther La Vista, dude.

If I'm willing to stipulate that you do not have anything intelligent to add to this discussion, will you stop trying to convince me?

My opinion is that homeschooling is, or more precisely should be considered, a constitutional right.

Because? Because compulsory education laws can in most cases be complied with via homeschooling,

therefore to deny someone that viable means, of their choosing, of satisfying the requirements of a state law is discriminatory.

What's your problem with that?

I will literally pay someone $20, via Paypal, to explain to me, to my satisfaction (and I'm a fair man) what the fuck the above jibberish means,

and more importantly, how it proves beyond a reasonable doubt that I got something wrong.

Unfortunately, the Founding Fathers spoke English.

What is your native language?

I have no trouble understanding the posters around here who are in fact coherent, so I'm not ashamed to admit it when I can't understand the ones who aren't.

There's no mention of abortion in the constitution but the right to abortion is constitutional law.

Actually it isn't, it is case law, which is an outgrowth of constitutional law. There is a subtle, but nonetheless real, difference.

And irrelevant. Would you like to tell us how it is that abortion is a constitutional right although abortion is never mentioned in the Constitution?

Easy.

The Supreme Court got it wrong....

...just as they got Dred Scott wrong.

Jeeezz....can't you think for yourself without government telling you what's right and what's wrong?

What's funniest is that I'm the one in this thread willing to declare that homeschooling is a constitutional right,

and the ones who won't are calling ME the Nazi.

lolol

Don't you agree that 'fascist' is more appropriate?

Didn't you say earlier that government can take children from their parents to educate in the manner that they see fit?

I have no trouble understanding the posters around here who are in fact coherent, so I'm not ashamed to admit it when I can't understand the ones who aren't.

You have to actually read the documents the Founders left us that leave little question as to their convictions and intent. In the clause above, Hamilton was reaffirming again that our rights did not flow from a King or other government authority. We the American people created the government. It is not an agreement with a government authority. We tell the government what it can and cannot do. The Federalists and anti-Federalists were of one accord on that--they difered only on how strong the central government should be.

The interpretation:

(Under our Constitution) the people surrender nothing, and as they retain everything, they have no need of particular reservations. It was his argument against the necessity of a Bill of Rights as the Constitution itself, by being limited in its powers, did not interfer with the God given rights the people already had. Hamilton lost the argument, of course, as the Bill of Rights favored by the anti-Federalists would eventually be ratified and added to the Constitution.

But regardless, our American Constitution gave us a government different from any other in the history of the human race. It recognized that our rights did not flow from the King (government authority). He cited the Preamble to the Constitution in the argument that we created the government. We did not need a contract between us and our king. Hamilton continued: "[Under our Constitution,] the people surrender nothing, and as they retain everything, they have no need of particular reservations."

You have to actually read the documents the Founders left us that leave little question as to their convictions and intent. In the clause above, Hamilton was reaffirming again that our rights did not flow from a King or other government authority. We the American people created the government. It is not an agreement with a government authority. We tell the government what it can and cannot do. The Federalists and anti-Federalists were of one accord on that--they difered only on how strong the central government should be.

The interpretation:

(Under our Constitution) the people surrender nothing, and as they retain everything, they have no need of particular reservations. It was his argument against the necessity of a Bill of Rights as the Constitution itself, by being limited in its powers, did not interfer with the God given rights the people already had. Hamilton lost the argument, of course, as the Bill of Rights favored by the anti-Federalists would eventually be ratified and added to the Constitution.

But regardless, our American Constitution gave us a government different from any other in the history of the human race. It recognized that our rights did not flow from the King (government authority). He cited the Preamble to the Constitution in the argument that we created the government. We did not need a contract between us and our king. Hamilton continued: "[Under our Constitution,] the people surrender nothing, and as they retain everything, they have no need of particular reservations."

Citing the guy who lost the argument is itself a weak argument lol.

btw, what does any of that have to do with proving me wrong?

What's funniest is that I'm the one in this thread willing to declare that homeschooling is a constitutional right,

and the ones who won't are calling ME the Nazi.

lolol

Don't you agree that 'fascist' is more appropriate?

Didn't you say earlier that government can take children from their parents to educate in the manner that they see fit?

No I didn't. This is the problem with these boards. People like you don't actually read what people say.

Compulsory education is a fact. I said that parents have to comply with compulsory education laws, or face the consequences, but,

if they can comply using homeschooling they ought to be allowed to do so. In fact, I believe the constitution does, or should protect that option as a right.

Just one? How about when you argued that the constitution protects the rights of consenting adults to have sex.

So Bloomberg's soda pop law can't be unconstitutional because there's no mention of soda pop rights in the Constitution?

lol

You do know that it was struck down by a state judge, not the Supreme Court, don't you? In fact, it was struck down by a low level state judge.

That has nothing to do with it. Once again you avoid addressing the issue with irrelevant nonsense.

It was not struck down because it was unconstitutional, it was struck down because it was arbitrary and unfair, wasn't actually a law, and was a complete abuse of authority. I think that has a lot to do with it.

There's no mention of abortion in the constitution but the right to abortion is constitutional law.

Actually it isn't, it is case law, which is an outgrowth of constitutional law. There is a subtle, but nonetheless real, difference.

And irrelevant. Would you like to tell us how it is that abortion is a constitutional right although abortion is never mentioned in the Constitution?

It isn't a constitutional right.

My opinion is that homeschooling is, or more precisely should be considered, a constitutional right.

Because? Because compulsory education laws can in most cases be complied with via homeschooling,

therefore to deny someone that viable means, of their choosing, of satisfying the requirements of a state law is discriminatory.

What's your problem with that?

It is my opinion that you have no idea what a constitutional right is.

Forum List

Back