Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

Was the constitution ratified by majority vote? yes or no

were the amendments to the constitution ratified by majority vote? yes or no

Do supreme court decisions come down by majority vote? yes or no

Like it or not, our constitutional rights were established and are maintained by majority votes.

I do not understand why you want a system where the minority opinion prevails, can you explain?

So when the Supreme Court issues it's ruling next week striking down SSCM's, that will be by a vote.

Using your logic, that won't be a "minority opinion" that prevails, it will be a majority opinion voted on by the SCOTUS.

>>>>

Last edited:
But since you like minority rule, I suggest north korea or Iran as places that you might like.

What minority rule?

Every State that has public accommodation laws has passed such laws based on a majority vote of that States legislature - that is majority rule.

Every SSCM can that has won in the court has been appealed to a Circuit Court and a panel of judges - that is majority rule.

Next week when the SCOTUS issues it's ruling on SSCM bans, that will be a vote of the SCOTUS and the majority of the votes will decide the case - that is majority rule.

>>>>

Like it or not, our constitutional rights were established and are maintained by majority votes.

I do not understand why you want a system where the minority opinion prevails, can you explain?

So when the Supreme Court issues it's ruling next week striking down SSCM's, that will be by a vote.

Using your logic, that won't be a "minority opinion" that prevails, it will be a majority opinion voted on by the SCOTUS.

>>>>

it will be a majority vote of the SC, yes, that is correct. But the citizens of the country will have been denied their right to express their opinions. So, in effect, we will have a minority of 9 people deciding something that affects 330,000,000 people.

Why do you on the left fear a vote of society as a whole on issues like this?

But since you like minority rule, I suggest north korea or Iran as places that you might like.

What minority rule?

Every State that has public accommodation laws has passed such laws based on a majority vote of that States legislature - that is majority rule.

Every SSCM can that has won in the court has been appealed to a Circuit Court and a panel of judges - that is majority rule.

Next week when the SCOTUS issues it's ruling on SSCM bans, that will be a vote of the SCOTUS and the majority of the votes will decide the case - that is majority rule.

>>>>

approval of SSM is a minority view within society as a whole. and within the entire population of planet earth.

But rather than risk offending anyone, we will sanction the minority view. We all know that is what will happen.

>>>>

it will be a majority vote of the SC, yes, that is correct. But the citizens of the country will have been denied their right to express their opinions. So, in effect, we will have a minority of 9 people deciding something that affects 330,000,000 people.

You are the one that said votes by the Supreme Court count as votes of a majority.

I'm not a "on the left", I've been a registered Republican since 1978.

My belief is small government means (a) government entities should not discriminate against it's citizens for no compelling reason, and (b) public accommodation laws that apply to private businesses should be repealed.

>>>>

>>>>

Again- I refer back to Loving v. Virginia.

Everything you posted applies to Loving v. Virginia.

Why do you on the Right fear allowing the courts to protect an individuals Constitutional rights?

What minority rule?

>>>>

approval of SSM is a minority view within society as a whole. and within the entire population of planet earth.

But rather than risk offending anyone, we will sanction the minority view. We all know that is what will happen.

So you are still upset about Loving v. Virginia........and how the aftermath of Loving v. Virginia.

>>>>

Why do you on the Right fear allowing the courts to protect an individuals Constitutional rights?

There's nothing in Loving that is relevant to BEHAVIOR...

then where did minority rights come from? did they just fall from the sky?
Strawman bull shit. We don't have to get our rights from anyone, ya fool. Our rights are ours to be enjoyed, period. Why do you feel like you have the power to give and take rights? Who made you god?

Was the constitution ratified by majority vote? yes or no - Your question is meaningless. You appear to think you can form questions about actors without nouns. You appear to think you can use broad meaningless phrases like majority vote without clarifying your question. You may know what you mean by your question but you can't expect everyone to be able to read your mind.

were the amendments to the constitution ratified by majority vote? yes or no Your question is meaningless.

Do supreme court decisions come down by majority vote? yes or no Your question is meaningless.

Like it or not, our constitutional rights were established and are maintained by majority votes. No they were not.

I do not understand why you want a system where the minority opinion prevails, can you explain? Yes I can, and I already have numerous times.

So rather than admit that you are wrong you claim that my questions are too complex for you to respond to.

No dumb ass. I'm saying your questions are fucking stupid. First question... "Was the constitution ratified by majority vote?" what vote? what majority? What do you think majority vote meant at the time of the ratification. What the fuck do you mean by majority vote? Your fucking question is fucking meaningless. Yes it was ratified by the groups that were required to ratify it. No the SCOTUS DID NOT VOTE ON IT NOR DID THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE STATES THAT JOINED UP.

Are you from Iran? or Korea?

its not really very complicated, but I guess your left wing bias blocks rational thinking.

If you don't know how our constitution was ratified then you are not qualified to participate in this discussion because you are posting from ignorance.

go do some study and then come back when you can make sense.

>>>>

Marriage is behavior.

What minority rule?

>>>>

So you are still upset about Loving v. Virginia........and how the aftermath of Loving v. Virginia.

OMG, give it a rest. Loving is about one man and one woman, that case has nothing to do with gay marriage.

>>>>

Marriage is behavior.

marriage is a contract between one man and one woman. How they behave is up to them.

What minority rule?

>>>>

OMG, give it a rest. Loving is about one man and one woman, that case has nothing to do with gay marriage.

Says you. Yet the Supreme Court cited loving specifically in Windsor v. US as an example of state marriage laws being subject to constitutional guarantees.

And have cited 3 other race based discrimination cases when describing why discrimination against gays is unconstitutional.

Why would I ignore the Supreme Court on issues of legal relevance....and instead believe you citing yourself?

>>>>

Blacks could marry.

White could marry.

The BEHAVIOR of interracial marriage was banned.

>>>>

>>>>

Marriage is behavior.

marriage is a contract between one man and one woman. How they behave is up to them.

Or a man and a man or a woman and a woman....in 37 of 50 States.

What minority rule?

>>>>

Says you. Yet the Supreme Court cited loving specifically in Windsor v. US as an example of state marriage laws being subject to constitutional guarantees.

And have cited 3 other race based discrimination cases when describing why discrimination against gays is unconstitutional.

Why would I ignore the Supreme Court on issues of legal relevance....and instead believe you citing yourself?

so everything the SC has ever said or done is right?

>>>>

Blacks could marry.

White could marry.

The BEHAVIOR of interracial marriage was banned.

>>>>

and that was wrong. But it has nothing to do with two men or two women marrying.
Human sexual biology is pretty obvious and clear.

What minority rule?

>>>>

so everything the SC has ever said or done is right?

Is everything you have ever said or done right? As the contest you're giving me is you v. the USSC on issues of legal relevance.

You may assume any jibber jabber you type is legally authoritative. But we don't actually use your personal opinion as the arbiter of any of our laws. The USSC on the other hand is much more authoritative in our law.

Look folks, we just disagree on this. No one's mind will be changed by continuing the rhetoric.

MODS---------please close this thread.

Forum List

Back