Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

Was the life of your closest dead relative "moot?" The state of a right is just that .. the state of it.

Jeez. Taking a trip to crazy land?

What you are describing is a tyranny led by a majority. That's not America.

If the current tyranny of minorities continues, it will become so. Guaranteed.

My myopia? You were the one that forgot about the plain fact that people can change their minds.

Nah.

Indeed they can. Certainly, that was not the issue of this thread.
The risk of demanding we all live under tyranny of the majority is that you and your piece of shit life might some day no longer be in the majority.

You said the majority will only change it's mind if it acquiesces in an attempt to further piss on gays. That was an incorrect statement.

And yes, this is the issue of the thread.

I'm done. Please learn to read and comprehend before entering into debate.
No shit you're done. FYI my English skills are just fine. But you might want to get a better education if you'd like to the argue with your betters.

Guy who's argued 80 times in the Supreme Court predicts the outcome of 2 huge cases

Phillips said he thinks the court will strike down same-sex marriage bans, and he believes conservative justices may end up joining that majority decision.

"I think it could be more than 5-4 because I think the justices will figure out the way the winds of history are blowing and will not be keen on seeing their individual legacies tarnished by having hopelessly attempted to block the protection of rights," Phillips wrote, "and I think the conservatives who go that way will say there is something unique about marriage and the need to protect an individual's legitimate desire to have the stability and benefit of those bonds."

Guy who s argued 80 times in the Supreme Court predicts the outcome of 2 huge cases - Yahoo Finance

Now where have I heard that before.....

No- as you well know- that is just frankly a false statement.

Look at Loving v. Virginia- majority of Americans- and certainly majority of Virginians opposed mixed race marriages- but minority rights were protected by the courts.

Other cases?
Lawrence v. Texas.
Griswald v. Connecticut

Just a sampling- courts have often led in the protection of minority rights in the face of majority opposition.
Amazing isn't it how these authoritarians want to take away the rights of every group but their own so called "majority."

Every time one of these authoritarians insist on their right to take the rights that they enjoy away from small groups that they don't like... nvm.. just makes me angry.

for the final time. minority rights would not exist if not voted into existence by the majority.
Bullshit.

then where did minority rights come from? did they just fall from the sky?
Strawman bull shit. We don't have to get our rights from anyone, ya fool. Our rights are ours to be enjoyed, period. Why do you feel like you have the power to give and take rights? Who made you god?

Was the constitution ratified by majority vote? yes or no

were the amendments to the constitution ratified by majority vote? yes or no

Do supreme court decisions come down by majority vote? yes or no

Like it or not, our constitutional rights were established and are maintained by majority votes.

I do not understand why you want a system where the minority opinion prevails, can you explain?

for the final time. minority rights would not exist if not voted into existence by the majority.

Bullshit.

Well, no, but I would rephrase it to "Minority rights would not exist if the majority did not acquiesce."
No. The rights exist PERIOD. A person that switches from believing that they are justified in attacking minorities based on bigotry to a recognition that said violence/punishment against minorities is a vile act, is not acquiescence, it's a change of heart. FYI you don't speak for the majority. While you may have decided to "hide" your bigotry against gays by acquiescing... for others ... well lets just say we just see you for what you are.

WTF is wrong with you? acknowledging that minority rights are established by majority votes is not attacking minorities or being a bigot. Are you a complete fricken lunatic?

Amazing isn't it how these authoritarians want to take away the rights of every group but their own so called "majority."

Every time one of these authoritarians insist on their right to take the rights that they enjoy away from small groups that they don't like... nvm.. just makes me angry.

Bullshit.

Strawman bull shit. We don't have to get our rights from anyone, ya fool. Our rights are ours to be enjoyed, period. Why do you feel like you have the power to give and take rights? Who made you god?

Like it or not, our constitutional rights were established and are maintained by majority votes.

I do not understand why you want a system where the minority opinion prevails, can you explain?

Was the constitution ratified by majority vote? yes or no - Your question is meaningless. You appear to think you can form questions about actors without nouns. You appear to think you can use broad meaningless phrases like majority vote without clarifying your question. You may know what you mean by your question but you can't expect everyone to be able to read your mind.

were the amendments to the constitution ratified by majority vote? yes or no Your question is meaningless.

Do supreme court decisions come down by majority vote? yes or no Your question is meaningless.

Like it or not, our constitutional rights were established and are maintained by majority votes. No they were not.

I do not understand why you want a system where the minority opinion prevails, can you explain? Yes I can, and I already have numerous times.

Bullshit.

Well, no, but I would rephrase it to "Minority rights would not exist if the majority did not acquiesce."
No. The rights exist PERIOD. A person that switches from believing that they are justified in attacking minorities based on bigotry to a recognition that said violence/punishment against minorities is a vile act, is not acquiescence, it's a change of heart. FYI you don't speak for the majority. While you may have decided to "hide" your bigotry against gays by acquiescing... for others ... well lets just say we just see you for what you are.

WTF is wrong with you? acknowledging that minority rights are established by majority votes is not attacking minorities or being a bigot. Are you a complete fricken lunatic?
Says the bigot who relishes with glee over having the power to attack minorities through the tyranny of the majority.

I wonder how many more months and posts Redfish will continue to argue about 'gay marriage'- the issue he declared to be a non-issue and that he vowed to stop posting about?

It'll be a new freak out after the SCOTUS rules.
We'll know thursday.

yes we will, and I will accept the ruling of the court either way. Will you?

I will accept the ruling of the court as valid either way- doesn't mean I may not agree with it.

But if I disagree, I won't be calling the justices "Black robed Fascists" or any variant thereof as the homophobes have a tendency to do.

Bullshit.

Was the constitution ratified by majority vote? yes or no - Your question is meaningless. You appear to think you can form questions about actors without nouns. You appear to think you can use broad meaningless phrases like majority vote without clarifying your question. You may know what you mean by your question but you can't expect everyone to be able to read your mind.

were the amendments to the constitution ratified by majority vote? yes or no Your question is meaningless.

Do supreme court decisions come down by majority vote? yes or no Your question is meaningless.

Like it or not, our constitutional rights were established and are maintained by majority votes. No they were not.

I do not understand why you want a system where the minority opinion prevails, can you explain? Yes I can, and I already have numerous times.

So rather than admit that you are wrong you claim that my questions are too complex for you to respond to.

But since you like minority rule, I suggest north korea or Iran as places that you might like.

Bullshit.

Says the bigot who relishes with glee over having the power to attack minorities through the tyranny of the majority.

OK, so every 4 years when we elect a president he is put in power by the "tyranny of the majority" ?

You have lost your mind.

Bullshit.

Great then- I don't know why you are arguing about voting about 'gay marriage'- since you believe 'majority opinion' includes whatever the Supreme Court rules.

We are all in agreement then that pursuing individual rights through the courts, and ultimately the Supreme Court is a valid method of pursuing rights, and your call for votes on the issue are unnecessary.

I wonder how many more months and posts Redfish will continue to argue about 'gay marriage'- the issue he declared to be a non-issue and that he vowed to stop posting about?

We'll know thursday.

I will accept the ruling of the court as valid either way- doesn't mean I may not agree with it.

But if I disagree, I won't be calling the justices "Black robed Fascists" or any variant thereof as the homophobes have a tendency to do.

I don't believe you. If the court rules against gay marriage you will be on this board calling the all kinds of names. you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

BTW, homophobe = fear of homosexuals. No one is afraid of homosexuals. Do you think anyone fears PeeWee Herman or Caitlyn Jenner?

Bullshit.

Great then- I don't know why you are arguing about voting about 'gay marriage'- since you believe 'majority opinion' includes whatever the Supreme Court rules.

We are all in agreement then that pursuing individual rights through the courts, and ultimately the Supreme Court is a valid method of pursuing rights, and your call for votes on the issue are unnecessary.

nice try, but thats not even close to what I said.

Bullshit.

nice try, but thats not even close to what I said.

Okay - let me ask you this question:

We'll know thursday.

I don't believe you. If the court rules against gay marriage you will be on this board calling the all kinds of names. you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Of course you don't believe me.

But you are a liar and a bigot so not a surprise.

Lets compare our responses after the ruling is issued. We are both on record.

If I disagree with the courts ruling- I will not be calling the justices any names.

Feel free to hold me to that.

Or just lie again- whatever.

We'll know thursday.

BTW, homophobe = fear of homosexuals. No one is afraid of homosexuals. Do you think anyone fears PeeWee Herman or Caitlyn Jenner?

Per Webster:
homophobe
noun ho·mo·phobe \-ˌfōb\
: a person who hates or is afraid of homosexuals or treats them badly

And lots of homophobes are terrified of homosexuals- I don't know what that has to do with Pee Wee Herman or Caitlyn Jenner. Sounds like a personal obsession of yours.

Bullshit.

So rather than admit that you are wrong you claim that my questions are too complex for you to respond to.

But since you like minority rule, I suggest north korea or Iran as places that you might like.
No dumb ass. I'm saying your questions are fucking stupid. First question... "Was the constitution ratified by majority vote?" what vote? what majority? What do you think majority vote meant at the time of the ratification. What the fuck do you mean by majority vote? Your fucking question is fucking meaningless. Yes it was ratified by the groups that were required to ratify it. No the SCOTUS DID NOT VOTE ON IT NOR DID THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE STATES THAT JOINED UP.

Are you from Iran? or Korea?

Bullshit.

OK, so every 4 years when we elect a president he is put in power by the "tyranny of the majority" ?

You have lost your mind.
We use an electoral vote system. And you're a fucking moron.

Forum List

Back