Is Desantis military policy actually constitutional ?

STFU Tommy. You don't know anything about the American military. Retired Generals are still subject to military law and the control of the commander in chief, POTUS. The military has very limited freedom of speech for obvious reasons. SMFH. Morons.
Then it's about time that Biden pulled Flynn's pension considering he's a fucking criminal traitor, pardoned by that dirtbag Trump.

Ronny Boy can run his big mouth all he wants to. The closest he'll ever get to the Oval Office is Trump's mock up down at MAL where he play acts as POTUS.

Ronny will be down there burying his face in Trump's ass once he flames out hoping for a cabinet post in case the Mussollini wanabee is reelected.
His prospects look bleak.

One of the headlines is that retired generals will be punished if they speak out against the policies of a sitting president.

That sounds like the state limiting the freedom of speech of a private citizen.

Of course Prez Ron would not want any criticism of his policies but is he able to do this ?

Yes this is legal and has always been the case, that the military can never make public statements.
{...
Indicative of the military’s special status, the Uniform Code of Military Justice prohibits military personnel from using “contemptuous speech” against the President and other leaders, from engaging in “conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline in the Armed Forces,” and from “conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman.”
...}

The only time any members of the military are allowed political expression, is if they are out of uniform and not identifiable as being members of the military.
Members of the military are subordinate to their political leaders, so are prohibited from being critical of them.

The funny thing is that anyone with a brain knows that the santa is only once that policy if he becomes president.

If biden were re elected in 2024, and implemented this exact same policy, the same far right trash who are now calling for this policy would be pretending they never supported it and calling Biden a dictator. They only support the constitution if someone elses in charge.
Black kettle is black.

Yes this is legal and has always been the case, that the military can never make public statements.
{...
Indicative of the military’s special status, the Uniform Code of Military Justice prohibits military personnel from using “contemptuous speech” against the President and other leaders, from engaging in “conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline in the Armed Forces,” and from “conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman.”
...}

The only time any members of the military are allowed political expression, is if they are out of uniform and not identifiable as being members of the military.
Members of the military are subordinate to their political leaders, so are prohibited from being critical of them.

That applies to active duty and reserve personnel.

Retirees can say anything they want.

STFU Tommy. You don't know anything about the American military. Retired Generals are still subject to military law and the control of the commander in chief, POTUS. The military has very limited freedom of speech for obvious reasons. SMFH. Morons.
That's because generals don't really retire, they go on an inactive status. In the late seventies, I had a friend who was Omar Bradley's driver. He told me that Bradley had an entire active-duty staff including an orderly (read manservant to you Brits) a Chief of Staff, an Adjutant and an Aide. His cook, driver and orderly were all active-duty enlisted personnel paid for by the taxpayers, the others were active-duty officers.

One of the headlines is that retired generals will be punished if they speak out against the policies of a sitting president.

That sounds like the state limiting the freedom of speech of a private citizen.

Of course Prez Ron would not want any criticism of his policies but is he able to do this ?

Dipshit, when you wear the uniform you dont have freedom of speech and the president is the Commander and Chief and the top of your chain of comand... you doofus

That's because generals don't really retire, they go on an inactive status. In the late seventies, I had a friend who was Omar Bradley's driver. He told me that Bradley had an entire active-duty staff including an orderly (read manservant to you Brits) a Chief of Staff, an Adjutant and an Aide. His cook, driver and orderly were all active-duty enlisted personnel paid for by the taxpayers, the others were active-duty officers.
My brothers were both career Air Force and they are also subject to recall in a national emergency albeit the last ones to be called.

My brothers were both career Air Force and they are also subject to recall in a national emergency albeit the last ones to be called.

Well, if you retire at 20 in the Navy, you are a member of the reserves until you hit the 30 year mark, and then you are permanently retired.

And, once you retire and are no longer active duty, all your rights as a US citizen are reinstated and you can speak freely.

I know. I served 20 years in the Navy, and have hit my 30 year point and was awarded my letter saying that I am permanently retired and cannot be recalled.

I'm not seeing your OP quote of retired generals being threatened with punishment in the linked article????
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Desantis would roll back "woke" policies in favor of traditional military policies.
Timmy's Taint is a lying sack.

Forum List

Back