Is Cultural Diversity a Strength or a Weakness?

Is Cultural Diversity a Strength or a Weakness?

• Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No.

You can fancy pants spin that you are doing so, but you are not.

Take "Black history month" for example. It's designed to make black people feel good about themselves and improve themselves via examples of achievement. by people of similar race/culture. What it does, however, is re-establish differences in cultures via looking at them as black first rather than great Americans.

Black isn't a culture.

Northern black persons, southern black persons, east coast black persons, west coast black persons, Midwest, etc. All have unique identifiers to their own cultures.

But that's falling off topic.

You destroyed your own thread by shining a bright light on a very positive aspect of multiculturalism.

Correct, black is not a culture. It is only an indication of culture. Black American cultures, however, share similar characteristics. So what do you attribute black poverty, crime, unemployment, dependence, and single parenthood to? Racism?

I've answered that already. You can have immigration and promote cultural conservatism. Lets call it "multicultural conservatism," which of course, is what multiculturalism is for the left.

Last edited:
Take "Black history month" for example. It's designed to make black people feel good about themselves and improve themselves via examples of achievement. by people of similar race/culture. What it does, however, is re-establish differences in cultures via looking at them as black first rather than great Americans.

Black isn't a culture.

Northern black persons, southern black persons, east coast black persons, west coast black persons, Midwest, etc. All have unique identifiers to their own cultures.

You destroyed your own thread by shining a bright light on a very positive aspect of multiculturalism.

Correct. So what do you attribute black poverty, crime, unemployment, dependence, and single parenthood to? Racism?

I've answered that already. You can have immigration and promote multiculturalism.

It's not just "black," it's "inner city" rife with overpopulation. Cause is racism residuals.

Meaning? After slavery and the release of most black persons, blacks were few few few and far between as far as owning land - having homes, being landowners. They had to find housing, and had to emigrate to the cheapest possible place: the inner city.

While in said inner city, they spent years and years not having equality opportunity, jim crow and all which is very recent history, they exascerbated their poverty.

poverty increases the % chance of depression, and crime and drugs via said depressed circumstances. And it's a sad cycle, and a tough one to break. Even today, the residuals are that the grandparents handed down this "culture" this lifestyle of living poor and desperate. You don't just learn magically, change the law, and the emotional depravity and poverty magically disappear.

There is still a responsibility of the poor to bounce out of that via hard work, but understanding how inner city culture can be, its often times impossible.

Compton, for example.

You have to choose: join a gang (protection), or be subject to death and robbery and personal harm DAILY.

hAVE YOU EVER IMAGINED YOURSELF INSIDE OF SUCH A PARADIGM? NOT ALL CITIES ARE CREATED EQUAL.

Last edited:

Black isn't a culture.

Correct, black is not a culture. It is only an indication of culture. Black American cultures, however, share similar characteristics. So what do you attribute black poverty, crime, unemployment, dependence, and single parenthood to? Racism?

I've answered that already. You can have immigration and promote cultural conservatism. Lets call it "multicultural conservatism," which of course, is what multiculturalism is for the left.

MULTICULTURAL CONSERVATISM is an oxy moron. It doesn't exist. :cuckoo:

Black isn't a culture.

MULTICULTURAL CONSERVATISM is an oxy moron. It doesn't exist. :cuckoo:

It speaks to migrating cultures into a country so statistically you have a multi cultural country. However, having arrived in country they fail to assimilate culturally so as to improve themselves. This is multicultural conservatism.

Black isn't a culture.

Correct. So what do you attribute black poverty, crime, unemployment, dependence, and single parenthood to? Racism?

I've answered that already. You can have immigration and promote multiculturalism.

It's not just "black," it's "inner city" rife with overpopulation. Cause is racism residuals.

Meaning? After slavery and the release of most black persons, blacks were few few few and far between as far as owning land - having homes, being landowners. They had to find housing, and had to emigrate to the cheapest possible place: the inner city.

While in said inner city, they spent years and years not having equality opportunity, jim crow and all which is very recent history, they exascerbated their poverty.

poverty increases the % chance of depression, and crime and drugs via said depressed circumstances. And it's a sad cycle, and a tough one to break. Even today, the residuals are that the grandparents handed down this "culture" this lifestyle of living poor and desperate. You don't just learn magically, change the law, and the emotional depravity and poverty magically disappear.

There is still a responsibility of the poor to bounce out of that via hard work, but understanding how inner city culture can be, its often times impossible.

Compton, for example.

You have to choose: join a gang (protection), or be subject to death and robbery and personal harm DAILY.

hAVE YOU EVER IMAGINED YOURSELF INSIDE OF SUCH A PARADIGM? NOT ALL CITIES ARE CREATED EQUAL.

So you believe in "the legacy of slavery & Jim Crow?" Perhaps you dabble in a little critical race theory? No no no. Black unemployment has raised, not dropped since the end of Jim Crow. Black two parent households have decreased, not increased, since the end of Jim Crow. Black teen pregnancy has increased, not decreased since the end of Jim Crow. We are a much less racist society today than we have ever been. How do you then explain these facts? Evidence posted below. Note: The teenage pregnancy rates, one parent household, dependency rates, and unemployment among blacks is much higher today than when this video was made.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIl_FtuDSPs]Milton Friedman & Thomas Sowell vs. A Welfare Administrator - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC1gRZ6pEko]Thomas Sowell Destroys the Left's Use of Racism and Feminism - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
It doesnt matter that the numbers increased, that only speaks to how the originating issue exascerbates itself.

Im not interested in your politically driven (sowell/friedman) propoganda videos where said gentlemen seek data to support their pre concieved theories and ignore the rest - its called confirmation bias.

Theres a zero percent chance, just telling ya

Im not interested in your politically driven (sowell/friedman) propoganda videos where said gentlemen seek data to support their pre concieved theories and ignore the rest - its called confirmation bias.

Theres a zero percent chance, just telling ya

When you make an argument, you take a side and use the work of others to prove your point. I do require confirmation, however, I'm asking it from you. I'm open minded about this and I'm looking for compelling evidence or theories that can refute my claims. Either I will become convinced by you and learn something, or, I will be better prepared to field the criticisms of this matter. Either way, we both learn and we both benefit. This is why I come here. Is it not the reason you come here?

It's neither.

If people refuse to adapt to the country they live, they aren't bringing diversity, they are bringing discrimination and insulting the country they chose to live in.

When I was stationed in Italy, the cost of everything went like this;
Tourist
Military
Military that could speak some Italian
Military that could hold a basic conversation
Military that could speak Italian well
locals

why?

B/c we showed respect.

Why should they show us respect when weren't showing them respect?

You are already NOT employing cultural conservatism if you are integrating other cultures into your own, aka being multicultural as a person. Your shit just doesn't make any sense.

Nevermind that, like I said, all cultures came from others to begin with, save for a couple hundred thousand years ago.

He's just playing semantics because he wants to feel 'intellectual' despite the fact that he can't string together a sentence in proper English.

My reply to him does not support your thesis.

Your every post on this thread supports my statement.

I dont come here to pay mind to propoganda or partisan hackery, thats all. Its my axe to grind, i dont mean anything personal by swinging it in your feneral direction. Friedman was a politically driven propogandist.

Respect is earned, not.given. when you allow your reputation to devolve into suc h a character, it will get as much by way of my ignoring said person.

It doesnt matter that the numbers increased, that only speaks to how the originating issue exascerbates itself.

It cant be racism that's increased. Scratch that theory. Must be culture. And isn't it funny how a poor migrant child from some far off violent/impoverished Asian country, or perhaps Africa, can succeed where poor American blacks cannot? Why? The culture values education more.

It cant be racism that's increased. Scratch that theory. Must be culture. And isn't it funny how a poor migrant child from some far off violent/impoverished Asian country, or perhaps Africa, can succeed where poor American blacks cannot? Why? The culture values education more.

Poor blacks can succeed, poor.migrants from impoverished backgrounds can fail. This is not a point. Quit it.

This whole thing about assimilation is a strawman. American is as diverse as a country can get. Aside from learning some basic english and following the rule.of.law, theres NOTHING TO ASSIMILATE TO.

Forum List

Back