Is Cultural Diversity a Strength or a Weakness?

Is Cultural Diversity a Strength or a Weakness?

• Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In order for those "good ones" (characteristics) to be adopted, however, a culture must be liberal enough to understand their value and absorb them. The culturally conservative do not do this.

The percentage of these types to the growing population diminishes annually in significant enough numbers that the resistance is futile.

Blacks and Hispanics are conservative cultures. Well over 200 years in the US African Americans still have not adjusted their culture to a liberal status. Next year Hispanics will be the largest minority in the United States. Combine the two and you will find cultural conservatism growing, not shrinking, at a much faster rate than more liberal American cultures.

Their basic cultural perseveration has been to ward off certain aspects of social white traditional Protestantism and evangelicalism.

They will not be voting for conservative politics for a long, long time.

You're Killing Mr. Pedantic.

Define "Is."

:eusa_hand:

I'll dispense with the idiocy, and assume we all know what "culture" is, and the difference between a "strength" and "weakness."

Socially, humans are successful only because they are adaptable. Adaptability is our key strength.

So anything that increases our adaptability makes us stronger. Since we cannot predict the future, then we cannot pick and choose which cultural traits will permit society to be best prepared for this uncertainty.

Thus the stronger culture is the most diverse culture.

"Thus the stronger culture is the most diverse culture."

I depends on the culture.

Deep thoughts.

:eusa_hand:

I won't waist more time with anyone who cannot explain what "It" is.

You disagree? Cultures evolve. They evolve by interaction with other cultures among other factors. Generally, they positively evolve. Conservative cultures, however, don't evolve quickly, or in some cases, they actually regress. They hold on to their culture no matter if their values and practices are right or wrong and they can regress by rebelling against other cultures so as to redefine their values and behaviors in a negative manner. A diversity of conservative cultures leads to hostility. A diversity of liberal cultures leads to advancement. "Thus the stronger culture is the most diverse culture" so as long as it is a diversity among liberal and open minded cultures.

The percentage of these types to the growing population diminishes annually in significant enough numbers that the resistance is futile.

Blacks and Hispanics are conservative cultures. Well over 200 years in the US African Americans still have not adjusted their culture to a liberal status. Next year Hispanics will be the largest minority in the United States. Combine the two and you will find cultural conservatism growing, not shrinking, at a much faster rate than more liberal American cultures.

Their basic cultural perseveration has been to ward off certain aspects of social white traditional Protestantism and evangelicalism.

They will not be voting for conservative politics for a long, long time.

"Their basic cultural perseveration has been to ward off certain aspects of social white traditional Protestantism and evangelicalism."

They were/are also conservative cultures, however today, more liberal than the African American cultures. For example, we look at Muslim cultures as conservative. At one point in history they were among the most relatively liberal and most advanced. Then they rested on their laurels and refused to advance. The cultures you speak of above are doing the reverse of what the Islamic cultures did. Though they are conservative cultures they are relatively more liberal by todays standard than the African American cultures who are still engaging in an ardent cultural preservation effort so as to rebel against white cultures, and therefore, regress.

Last edited:
You assume white culture as liberal. OK.

White American culture on the whole, is liberal as compared to most other cultures, yes. But you weren't talking about white American culture and I did not address white American culture. I addressed "white traditional Protestantism and evangelicalism" culture and I labeled it as a conservative one, albeit more liberal than African American culture.

Last edited:
Well over 200 years in the US African Americans still have not adjusted their culture to a liberal status.

You're an idiot. African Americans have arguably been forced by circumstances more than any other Americans to adjust to many dramatic cultural changes over time. And it's pretty hard to fault any people for not adapting to the dominant culture when for so long that dominant culture has rejected and excluded them; often through law, violence, and macro-social isolation.

So as those social conditions have improved, what excuse do you have for the destruction of the black family and increase in black unemployment?

What do you mean by the use of the word "excuse" there? And for once, don't be a pussy about answering directly. If you want to discuss the liberal promotion of dependency on the welfare state just say so.

You're an idiot. African Americans have arguably been forced by circumstances more than any other Americans to adjust to many dramatic cultural changes over time. And it's pretty hard to fault any people for not adapting to the dominant culture when for so long that dominant culture has rejected and excluded them; often through law, violence, and macro-social isolation.

So as those social conditions have improved, what excuse do you have for the destruction of the black family and increase in black unemployment?

What do you mean by the use of the word "excuse" there? And for once, don't be a pussy about answering directly. If you want to discuss the liberal promotion of dependency on the welfare state just say so.

Dependency on the federal government from reconstruction on is a part of the black experience. But that's not what I addressed as of yet. I want to know why the black family has been destroyed more, and, why black unemployment has skyrocketed more so after Jim Crow than during late Jim Crow. It would seem to a reasonable person that with a more tolerant society there would be a decrease in black unemployment and an increase in the stable black family. Why is this not the case?

Dependency on the federal government from reconstruction on is a part of the black experience. But that's not what I addressed as of yet.

Then address it. You have nothing to say that is important enough to 'wait' for, asshole. While you're at it, go ahead and specify if you meant that "Dependency on the federal government from reconstruction on is a part of the black experience" for ALL African Americans.

You really reek of a pussy afraid to say what he thinks.

You have to realize that the first usage of the word culture was to dispense sophisticated bigotry towards a group of people who were considered primitive by Europeans particularly English. Once you realize that then it is not hard to see why some people love to beat others with it; the word was specifically designed for it.

I've got it. According to you culture does not exist and anyone who declares otherwise is a bigot.

You missed the point of my post. Are you aware of the history of the word culture?

Until people realize that true cultural diversity is a strength it will remain mostly a strength and at times a stumbling block to forward progress. The best ideas from different cultures always make better outcomes. I follow the 1+1=3 strategy. When 1 of the cultures think only their ideas have merit and design systems to deliberately ostracize other cultures it on hurts the collective.

Cultural diversity is a strength.

Proof of concept being WWII where the 'cultural diversity is a weakness' people, the Germans, lost and lost badly. In fact, if not for their anti-semitism, anti-intellectualism, anti-everyone but them'ism, they probably woulda won since they woudl have retained the intellectual might that gave rise to the atomic bomb. By hounding Einstein and others out of Germany, the Nazis sealed their fate.

Further proof seen in genetics where rich diverse sources of genes strengthen organisms over time, whereas too-small sources or populations give rise to hereditary defects. More diveristy results in more robust and healthier populations, too little and populations die off.

Dependency on the federal government from reconstruction on is a part of the black experience. But that's not what I addressed as of yet.

Then address it. You have nothing to say that is important enough to 'wait' for, asshole. While you're at it, go ahead and specify if you meant that "Dependency on the federal government from reconstruction on is a part of the black experience" for ALL African Americans.

The question was "So as those social conditions have improved, what excuse do you have for the destruction of the black family and increase in black unemployment? "

You want a conclusion without first vetting the evidence that may or may not lead to that conclusion? I haven't fully made up my mind on this and you're no help in the vetting process. If you can't answer the question that fine. Most who disagree me won't be able to. I expected that.

Now go ahead and cut out the merits of this post by picking something you would like to respond to without addressing the meat and potatoes.

Last edited:
Cultural diversity is a strength.

Proof of concept being WWII where the 'cultural diversity is a weakness' people, the Germans, lost and lost badly. In fact, if not for their anti-semitism, anti-intellectualism, anti-everyone but them'ism, they probably woulda won since they woudl have retained the intellectual might that gave rise to the atomic bomb. By hounding Einstein and others out of Germany, the Nazis sealed their fate.

Further proof seen in genetics where rich diverse sources of genes strengthen organisms over time, whereas too-small sources or populations give rise to hereditary defects. More diveristy results in more robust and healthier populations, too little and populations die off.

How much intellectual fire power did South Africa lose through apartheid? Indeed the country was weaker after the end of apartheid than before. I therefore suppose it depends on the culture you speak of when it comes to having negative effects on national security. I don't think there is anyone who studies culture that wont admit that Jews are a high performing culture in the fields of science, law, business, and medicine. We cannot say the same for all cultures now can we? Indeed, you can't make an example of the most successful cultures without countering it with the least successful. If multiculturalism is indeed a strength then it would work no matter what culture you speak of. This is not the case. At best multiculturalism is a conditional strength, the condition being, which culture you choose.

With respect to genetics we're entering into race, and with genetics being too complicated for me to successfully assess, I will stick with culture. In any case, I guess you're a racist? If indeed mixed genetics is more beneficial than those less mixed you're talking about superior races now aren't you?

Last edited:
Until people realize that true cultural diversity is a strength it will remain mostly a strength and at times a stumbling block to forward progress. The best ideas from different cultures always make better outcomes. I follow the 1+1=3 strategy. When 1 of the cultures think only their ideas have merit and design systems to deliberately ostracize other cultures it on hurts the collective.

By that same thinking we should grant whoever wants to migrate to the US admission immediately. Imagine all of the 1+1=3 that could occur if we'd only open our boarders. Indeed, the collective would prosper? I don't think so.

The question was "So as those social conditions have improved, what excuse do you have for the destruction of the black family and increase in black unemployment? "

You want a conclusion without first vetting the evidence that may or may not lead to that conclusion? I haven't fully made up my mind on this and you're no help in the vetting process.

In other words, you're afraid to say what you think. Just as I said.

By that same thinking we should grant whoever wants to migrate to the US admission immediately. Imagine all of the 1+1=3 that could occur if we'd only open our boarders [sic].

Or if we opened our "borders." :rolleyes:

I thought you said, after talking about immigration for so long, that this wasn't about immigration? Which is it?

By that same thinking we should grant whoever wants to migrate to the US admission immediately. Imagine all of the 1+1=3 that could occur if we'd only open our boarders [sic].

Or if we opened our "borders." :rolleyes:

I thought you said, after talking about immigration for so long, that this wasn't about immigration? Which is it?

I said it wasn't only about immigration.

You want a conclusion without first vetting the evidence that may or may not lead to that conclusion? I haven't fully made up my mind on this and you're no help in the vetting process.

Ok, if that's what you believe then fine. How about addressing everything else?

What, specifically?

What, specifically?

For one, how do you put someone on the ignore list? Can you give me instructions on how to do that? Oh, never mind I think I have the discipline to do this on my own. Consider yourself ignored for the rest of this thread for not addressing anything of substance.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back