Is Cultural Diversity a Strength or a Weakness?

• Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Race is an indication of culture.

You were the guy who was so sensitive about being called a racist, weren't you? You were the guy who pretended to know what "culture" meant, right?

Look up one post at the video you no doubt are going to ignore. Is Thomas Sowell a racist? Race is an indicator of culture. Race is not culture. Nevertheless, cultures in America fall largely along racial lines. This does not surprise you does it?

Last edited:
Quincy, Massachusetts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The racial makeup of the city was 65.5% White, 4.6% African American, 0.16% Native American, 24.0% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.85% from other races, and 1.76% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.6% of the population. .

To take one example from your oh-so-'academic' wikipedia copy-n-paste, what exactly were you trying to say about Quincy, MA?

I would suggest you go back to that post and ready the top. Wikipedia is more user friendly than the US census website. You disagree?

Last edited:
You defeated your own premise quite handily. Nice job.

Some cultures are more successful than others, and also at different areas in human development.

Therefore, other cultures who are less successful at x, y, and z facets of life, stand to gain from multiculturalism in those areas, do they not?

Oh.

Damn.

Quincy, Massachusetts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The racial makeup of the city was 65.5% White, 4.6% African American, 0.16% Native American, 24.0% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.85% from other races, and 1.76% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.6% of the population. .

To take one example from your oh-so-'academic' wikipedia copy-n-paste, what exactly were you trying to say about Quincy, MA?

I would suggest you go back to that post and ready the top.

"Ready the top"? :confused:

Um, why don't you just answer my question?

Some cultures are more successful than others, and also at different areas in human development.

Therefore, other cultures who are less successful at x, y, and z facets of life, stand to gain from multiculturalism in those areas, do they not?

Oh.

Damn.

ONLY if they steer clear of cultural conservatism and adopt the successful traits of the most successful cultures.

Oh.

Damn.

ONLY if they steer clear of cultural conservatism and adopt the successful traits of the most successful cultures.

Cultural conservatism and multiculturalism is a misnomer.

Oh.

Damn.

Cultural conservatism and multiculturalism is a misnomer.

Liberals encourage cultural conservatism through multiculturalism. As usual, they ask for and promote one thing and gain the opposite. But a misnomer? OK, explain.

You are already NOT employing cultural conservatism if you are integrating other cultures into your own, aka being multicultural as a person. Your shit just doesn't make any sense.

Nevermind that, like I said, all cultures came from others to begin with, save for a couple hundred thousand years ago.

You are already NOT employing cultural conservatism if you are integrating other cultures into your own, aka being multicultural as a person. Your shit just doesn't make any sense.

Nevermind that, like I said, all cultures came from others to begin with, save for a couple hundred thousand years ago.

Watching that video you initially ignored would have at least put you in a position of which you would understand where I'm coming from. You can import other cultures, and yet, promote cultural conservatism. Can you not? It is that separating of cultures into separate groups, telling them they are unique and special, and that the boogey man is trying to wipe out their culture that creates cultural conservatism. Liberals do this for votes and to play the race card. The "Black Power" movement launched much of the cultural conservatism in the black community.

Last edited:

Watching that video you initially ignored would have at least put you in a position of which you would understand where I'm coming from. You can import other cultures, and yet, promote cultural conservatism. Can you not? It is that separating of cultures into separate groups, telling them they are unique and special, and that the boogey man is trying to wipe out your culture that creates cultural conservatism. Liberals do this for votes and to play the race card.

No.

You can fancy pants spin that you are doing so, but you are not.

Back to the OP. Depends, of course. Here it is strength as the changing demography culturally and religiously removes some bad characteristics of the past while introducing good ones.

Watching that video you initially ignored would have at least put you in a position of which you would understand where I'm coming from. You can import other cultures, and yet, promote cultural conservatism. Can you not? It is that separating of cultures into separate groups, telling them they are unique and special, and that the boogey man is trying to wipe out your culture that creates cultural conservatism. Liberals do this for votes and to play the race card.

No.

Take "Black history month" for example. It's designed to make black people feel good about themselves and improve themselves via examples of achievement. by people of similar race/culture. What it does, however, is re-establish differences in cultures via looking at them as black first rather than great Americans.

Back to the OP. Depends, of course. Here it is strength as the changing demography culturally and religiously removes some bad characteristics of the past while introducing good ones.

In order for those "good ones" (characteristics) to be adopted, however, a culture must be liberal enough to understand their value and absorb them. The culturally conservative do not do this.

He's just playing semantics because he wants to feel 'intellectual' despite the fact that he can't string together a sentence in proper English.

No.

Take "Black history month" for example. It's designed to make black people feel good about themselves and improve themselves via examples of achievement. by people of similar race/culture. What it does, however, is re-establish differences in cultures via looking at them as black first rather than great Americans.

Black isn't a culture.

Northern black persons, southern black persons, east coast black persons, west coast black persons, Midwest, etc. All have unique identifiers to their own cultures.

But that's falling off topic.

You destroyed your own thread by shining a bright light on a very positive aspect of multiculturalism.

He's just playing semantics because he wants to feel 'intellectual' despite the fact that he can't string together a sentence in proper English.

My reply to him does not support your thesis.

Forum List

Back