Is Cruz Cheating? He is Under Fire for Sending Iowans Controversial Letter

image.jpg

Ted Cruz's campaign is under fire for a mailer it sent out in Iowa that is designed to look like an official government document.

The mailers tell the recipients they have a "voting violation" for failing to caucus in previous elections, and grades them on an A to F basis, Politico reports. The paper has the words "official public record at the top," and also includes actual names of the recipients neighbors.

Republican Secretary of State Paul Pate slammed the campaign, saying the mailer "misrepresents the role of my office, and worse, misrepresents Iowa election law.”

Cruz Campaign Under Fire for Sending Iowans Controversial Letter

3519464264_5242fa4d79.jpg

From your link:
My bold.

Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier said the notice is “a standard mailer that folks at the Iowa Republican Party and other get-out-the-vote groups have used to help motivate low-propensity voters,” according to Politico.

So according to your link this is not the first time this form has been used, but suddenly everyone is all pissed off about it, well not everyone. Also according you your link, the guy raising a stink is a Rubio supporter.

It is akin to people being concerned that Ted was born in Canada. No one ever was concerned that McCain was born in Panama.

McCain was born on a US Naval base to two American parents and unlike Cruz, McCain did not have dual citizenship. McCain never had a Panamanian passport because Panama never considered him a citizen.

McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone, a sovereign U.S. territory at the time of McCain's birth. Either of them would suffice to make him a natural born citizen

Once again, that's a matter of perspective, many weren't bothered by it at all.

I have a older cousin that only reads the newspaper..no tv ..computer.. She freaks out if I were to ever mention her name on the computer...Susan..:lol: I am a smart ass.

Some in the older crowd don't like that privacy invaded, yet the kids today have way too much information out there about themselves.

Thanks for reinforcing my point.

Its the older crowd voting for Cruz not the younger who are voting for Bernie..

So no it didn't reinforce anything,,,old people are much more private.

They are also much more pragmatic, they've been around long enough to have pretty much seen every political move in the book.

I think that when they first open it they think that maybe they are being accused of doing something unlawful. Also, not voting sends a message.

You didn't answer my questions.

Stop lying. You lost and now you are claiming you asked me questions that I have failed to answer.

Bottom line is this: Cruz sent out a deceptive mailing in order to confuse, shame and intimidate voters. That is sleazy and most likely unlawful.

:lol::lol::lol:

What is it that you think I've "lost", clown?

You didn't answer the questions that I asked in the post you responded to. I'll make it bigger for you.

How do fictitious "scores" turn neighbors against each other? What is there to be paranoid about?

And again - it's still not unlawful.

FRAUD IS UNLAWFUL! What about that don't you understand? Fraud and using the mail to defraud people is a CRIME! Cruz broke the law. Your word for it was fictitious when in fact that fiction was allowed to deceive Iowa voters. That is a federal and state crime.

18 U.S.C. § 1341 provides:

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan, exchange, alter, give away, distribute, supply, or furnish or procure for unlawful use any counterfeit or spurious coin, obligation, security, or other article, or anything represented to be or intimated or held out to be such counterfeit or spurious article, for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice or attempting so to do, places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service, or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier, or takes or receives therefrom, any such matter or thing, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail or such carrier according to the direction thereon, or at the place at which it is directed to be delivered by the person to whom it is addressed, any such matter or thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation occurs in relation to, or involving any benefit authorized, transported, transmitted, transferred, disbursed, or paid in connection with, a Presidential declared major disaster or emergency (as those terms are defined in section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5122)), or affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.[1]

:lol:

Yes, "FRAUD" is unlawful. But the crime of "FRAUD" requires financial damages.

While the exact wording of fraud charges varies among state and federal laws. the essential elements needed to prove a fraud claim in general include: (1) a misrepresentation of a material fact; (2) by a person or entity who knows or believes it to be false; (3) to a person or entity who justifiably relies on the misrepresentation; and (4) actual injury or loss resulting from his or her reliance.

Fraud - FindLaw

Fraud does not require financial damages in common law. In come cases of civil law it does. The is a criminal matter not a civil matter. Cruz's attempt to deceive voters is unlawful and constitutes fraud. Deceiving the electorate is also a crime.

Cruz deception goes beyond mail fraud. The former presidential candidate says Cruz’s eligibility for the office is a “legitimate question.”

image.jpg

Ted Cruz's campaign is under fire for a mailer it sent out in Iowa that is designed to look like an official government document.

The mailers tell the recipients they have a "voting violation" for failing to caucus in previous elections, and grades them on an A to F basis, Politico reports. The paper has the words "official public record at the top," and also includes actual names of the recipients neighbors.

Republican Secretary of State Paul Pate slammed the campaign, saying the mailer "misrepresents the role of my office, and worse, misrepresents Iowa election law.”

From your link:
My bold.

Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier said the notice is “a standard mailer that folks at the Iowa Republican Party and other get-out-the-vote groups have used to help motivate low-propensity voters,” according to Politico.

So according to your link this is not the first time this form has been used, but suddenly everyone is all pissed off about it, well not everyone. Also according you your link, the guy raising a stink is a Rubio supporter.

It is akin to people being concerned that Ted was born in Canada. No one ever was concerned that McCain was born in Panama.

McCain was born on a US Naval base to two American parents and unlike Cruz, McCain did not have dual citizenship. McCain never had a Panamanian passport because Panama never considered him a citizen.

McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone, a sovereign U.S. territory at the time of McCain's birth. Either of them would suffice to make him a natural born citizen

How about you prove Cruz ever had a Canadian passport.

Stop lying. You lost and now you are claiming you asked me questions that I have failed to answer.

Bottom line is this: Cruz sent out a deceptive mailing in order to confuse, shame and intimidate voters. That is sleazy and most likely unlawful.

You didn't answer the questions that I asked in the post you responded to. I'll make it bigger for you.

How do fictitious "scores" turn neighbors against each other? What is there to be paranoid about?

FRAUD IS UNLAWFUL! What about that don't you understand? Fraud and using the mail to defraud people is a CRIME! Cruz broke the law. Your word for it was fictitious when in fact that fiction was allowed to deceive Iowa voters. That is a federal and state crime.

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan, exchange, alter, give away, distribute, supply, or furnish or procure for unlawful use any counterfeit or spurious coin, obligation, security, or other article, or anything represented to be or intimated or held out to be such counterfeit or spurious article, for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice or attempting so to do, places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service, or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier, or takes or receives therefrom, any such matter or thing, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail or such carrier according to the direction thereon, or at the place at which it is directed to be delivered by the person to whom it is addressed, any such matter or thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation occurs in relation to, or involving any benefit authorized, transported, transmitted, transferred, disbursed, or paid in connection with, a Presidential declared major disaster or emergency (as those terms are defined in section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5122)), or affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.[1]

While the exact wording of fraud charges varies among state and federal laws. the essential elements needed to prove a fraud claim in general include: (1) a misrepresentation of a material fact; (2) by a person or entity who knows or believes it to be false; (3) to a person or entity who justifiably relies on the misrepresentation; and (4) actual injury or loss resulting from his or her reliance.

Fraud - FindLaw

Fraud does not require financial damages in common law. In come cases of civil law it does. The is a criminal matter not a civil matter.

Yes, criminal fraud requires financial damages, and no, this is not a "criminal matter".

"Common Law" is irrelevant, we're not part of the UK.

Cruz's attempt to deceive voters is unlawful and constitutes fraud. Deceiving the electorate is also a crime.

No, it's not, and no, it's not.

Cruz deception goes beyond mail fraud. The former presidential candidate says Cruz’s eligibility for the office is a “legitimate question.”

I don't care about your birther nonsense. That's not what we're discussing in this thread.

My husband ran for office , way back when. The only print out I ever saw about the voters were their address and their party..
None of this physiological scam like it seems to be ok today.

As a counselor I had to sign a law and ethics form every 2 years plus take classes to keep up to date.
The main statement in every form was to protect the client's confidentiality unless if they were to hurt themselves or others..

This physiological crap should not ever be aloud, as we see there will be those who will take advantage of it with their Big Money Super Pac's

Here is a good read about Cruz spending big bucks to get this information.

Ted Cruz erased Trump's Iowa lead by spending millions on voter targeting

Last edited:
Damn that is retarded and a lie.

Making false statements and using the US postal service to do it is a CRIME. Ted the Canuk Cruz broke the law. His mailer was deliberately deceptive.

If that were true every CEO of a company that uses direct mailings would be in jail.

Now that's a bit of an exaggeration. Cruz wasn't soliciting money, so he didn't break USPS rules.
He IS trying to turn neighbor against neighbor and create paranoia....so much for "uniting" the country.

You think he's trying to "turn neighbor against neighbor" and "create paranoia"?

To begin with, I don't see how you got that from the mailer - but if you're right, what purpose could that possibly serve?

Huh? I think you'd better actually look at it. Private shaming may work in advertising, but not public.

The person at the top is the recipient. The people listed below are that person's neighbors. By the way, no one received a score higher than a C. Most received a D or an F. Where did Cruz invent this "score"? It's all fabrication.

If this showed up in my mailbox with all of my neighbors listed, I would make sure I voted for Trump. And I don't like Trump, either.

Lizza-Iowa-Cruz-mailer.jpg

I'm not disagreeing with anything that you've said - but none of that qualifies as "turning neighbor against neighbor", or "creating paranoia".

I realize that you would know it was a ruse, as would I. But apparently Cruz's research proved that many who received it would believe it was real and worse, true. If you don't know any better, and you don't realize that your donations to candidates and voting record is public record, you just might get paranoid.

It's sort of like what has happened recently with people getting calls from scammers posing as the IRS telling them they owe thousands of dollars in back taxes, which will be taken out of their bank accounts if they don't pay by phone immediately. It worked many, many times. People are not very bright.

• IRS Urges Public to Stay Alert for Scam Phone Calls

Scams cost victims over $23 million.
    The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or TIGTA, has received reports of about 736,000 scam contacts since October 2013. Nearly 4,550 victims have collectively paid over $23 million as a result of the scam.

My husband ran for office , way back when. The only print out I ever saw about the voters was their address and their party..

As a counselor I had to sign a law and ethics form every 2 years plus take classes to keep up to date.
The main statement in every form was to protect the client's confidentiality unless if they were to hurt themselves or others..

This physiological crap should not ever be aloud, as we see there will be those who will take advantage of it with their Big Money Super Pac's

He's not spending "big bucks" to get the voter history information, he's spending big bucks for people to analyze it and apply it.

If that were true every CEO of a company that uses direct mailings would be in jail.

Now that's a bit of an exaggeration. Cruz wasn't soliciting money, so he didn't break USPS rules.
He IS trying to turn neighbor against neighbor and create paranoia....so much for "uniting" the country.

You think he's trying to "turn neighbor against neighbor" and "create paranoia"?

To begin with, I don't see how you got that from the mailer - but if you're right, what purpose could that possibly serve?

Huh? I think you'd better actually look at it. Private shaming may work in advertising, but not public.

The person at the top is the recipient. The people listed below are that person's neighbors. By the way, no one received a score higher than a C. Most received a D or an F. Where did Cruz invent this "score"? It's all fabrication.

If this showed up in my mailbox with all of my neighbors listed, I would make sure I voted for Trump. And I don't like Trump, either.

Lizza-Iowa-Cruz-mailer.jpg

I'm not disagreeing with anything that you've said - but none of that qualifies as "turning neighbor against neighbor", or "creating paranoia".

I realize that you would know it was a ruse, as would I. But apparently Cruz's research proved that many who received it would believe it was real and worse, true. If you don't know any better, and you don't realize that your donations to candidates and voting record is public record, you just might get paranoid.

It's sort of like what has happened recently with people getting calls from scammers posing as the IRS telling them they owe thousands of dollars in back taxes, which will be taken out of their bank accounts if they don't pay by phone immediately. It worked many, many times. People are not very bright.

Scams cost victims over $23 million.
    The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or TIGTA, has received reports of about 736,000 scam contacts since October 2013. Nearly 4,550 victims have collectively paid over $23 million as a result of the scam.

I know that people are stupid, and I'm sure that plenty of people thought that the letters were "real".

How does that turn neighbors against neighbors, though?

image.jpg

From your link:
My bold.

Trump already did that and so will I. Cruz, who gave up his Canadian passport when the question first arose years ago. Cruz for a long time had dual citizenship.

Ted Cruz Renounces Canadian Citizenship - Time
Ted Cruz officially gives up his Canadian citizenship - The ...
No, Canada: Sen. Ted Cruz has formally shed his dual ...
Josh Earnest: Ted Cruz renounced his Canadian citizenship ...
Ted Cruz renounces Canadian citizenship | Fox News

Ted Cruz was for most of his life a Canadian citizen.

My husband ran for office , way back when. The only print out I ever saw about the voters were their address and their party..

Do you mean "psychological", by the way?

"Physiological" refers to the biological functions of human beings.

My husband ran for office , way back when. The only print out I ever saw about the voters was their address and their party..

You think it's bad now, just wait a few years, no information about you is beyond the marketers reach. Do you really think all these store discount cards are for the consumer? Every time you use one, information on your habits and purchases are compiled and sold to marketing firms. All that data is available to anyone willing to pay for it.

Thank you, migraine all day..

Fraud - FindLaw

Fraud does not require financial damages in common law. In come cases of civil law it does. The is a criminal matter not a civil matter. Cruz's attempt to deceive voters is unlawful and constitutes fraud. Deceiving the electorate is also a crime.

So you're saying your dear leader should have been criminally prosecuted for his liar of the year status? Come on, let's see exactly how intellectually honest your are.

Sorry to hear that, migraines suck.

And they are physiological.

Fraud - FindLaw

So you're saying your dear leader should have been criminally prosecuted for his liar of the year status? Come on, let's see exactly how intellectually honest your are.

I had a premonition while reading a few pages back on this thread that Ted Cruz wins Iowa...........
upload_2016-2-1_18-53-49.jpeg

Sorry to hear that, migraines suck.

And they are physiological.

Oh no I will never hear the end of it...:shock::alcoholic:

What Catherine Frazier is saying is probably a lie.

After seeing the mailers, Iowa’s secretary of state, Paul Pate a Republican, issued a statement condemning Cruz’s tactic:

“Today I was shown a piece of literature from the Cruz for President campaign that misrepresents the role of my office, and worse, misrepresents Iowa election law. Accusing citizens of Iowa of a “voting violation” based on Iowa Caucus participation, or lack thereof, is false representation of an official act. There is no such thing as an election violation related to frequency of voting. Any insinuation or statement to the contrary is wrong and I believe it is not in keeping in the spirit of the Iowa Caucuses.

Additionally, the Iowa Secretary of State’s Office never “grades” voters. Nor does the Secretary of State maintain records related to Iowa Caucus participation. Caucuses are organized and directed by the state political parties, not the Secretary of State, nor local elections officials. Also, the Iowa Secretary of State does not “distribute” voter records. They are available for purchase for political purposes only, under Iowa Code.”

I am so glad that someone figured this out and just not vote, many probably don't know still and won't vote...He must really think they are all really stupid.
The internet has been a very good tool.

Cruz lies with every breath so it would follow that his campaign staff would be involved in this deceptive and criminal mailing.

Republican voters are quite depraved but even these of these depraved individuals won't sink to the depravity of Ted Cruz. The state attorney general and the US DOJ needs to show up with some handcuffs and a paddy wagon and put the Cruz gang in jail.

Feel free to post the specific law he broke. If you can.

Personal Moral Law...Wouldn't you be upset if all of your neighbors saw this lie?

CZ_ecyWUEAAmUtR.jpg

These voters could probably sue Cruz.

For WHAT?

image.jpg

From your link:
My bold.

Trump already did that and so will I. Cruz, who gave up his Canadian passport when the question first arose years ago. Cruz for a long time had dual citizenship.

Ted Cruz Renounces Canadian Citizenship - Time
Ted Cruz officially gives up his Canadian citizenship - The ...
No, Canada: Sen. Ted Cruz has formally shed his dual ...
Josh Earnest: Ted Cruz renounced his Canadian citizenship ...
Ted Cruz renounces Canadian citizenship | Fox News

Ted Cruz was for most of his life a Canadian citizen.

Note to the feeble minded, when Cruz moved to the US passports weren't needed, surrendering citizenship doesn't mean he actually had a Canadian passport. Hell I've never had a personal US passport, although I did have a government passport for official business for a few years.

Forum List

Back