Iraqis dont care

Well if the iraqi people don't care then perhaps these people are criminals and insurgents as would have been perceived when we place them in prisons. I would have thought that by some people's assesments the IRaqi people would be outraged by all of their fellow citizens being placed into concentration camps illegally.

Originally posted by insein
Well if the iraqi people don't care then perhaps these people are criminals and insurgents as would have been perceived when we place them in prisons. I would have thought that by some people's assesments the IRaqi people would be outraged by all of their fellow citizens being placed into concentration camps illegally.

But the Iraqis aren't potential Kerry voters so their opinion doesn't count:p:

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
But the Iraqis aren't potential Kerry voters so their opinion doesn't count:p:

Well too bad for Kerry. It seems his potential voting pool seems to be dropping every week.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,595061679,00.html

Looks like alot of men and women in Iraq really dont care about this picture scandal. Interesting...

Wow, what a coincidence, neither do the vast majority of conservatives, they would prefer to use the abuse as a pathetic excuse to fabricate lies about liberals and then attack them for it.

Funny thing is, I don't see your Fearless War Shrub going around using this as an excuse to whine about non-existant liberal hypocrisies, unlike the bunch of torture supporting wackos I find here, it seems as if Bush is really concerned about it.

Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
Wow, what a coincidence, neither do the vast majority of conservatives, they would prefer to use the abuse as a pathetic excuse to fabricate lies about liberals and then attack them for it.

Funny thing is, I don't see your Fearless War Shrub going around using this as an excuse to whine about non-existant liberal hypocrisies, unlike the bunch of torture supporting wackos I find here, it seems as if Bush is really concerned about it.

He is. He's geuinely concerned that a few soldiers are ruining the image of the 140,000 other troops in IRaq that have done alot of good. If he wasnt concerned, then I'd be worried.

And if you fucking paid any attention to reality, you'd see that every conservative condemned these acts. Hell they even passed a resolution that said such. Condemn these acts and praise the other 140,000 troops over there. 49 Democrats couldnt even vote for this. Why? Makes no sense unless they truly beleive that all our soldiers are war criminals.

He is. He's geuinely concerned that a few soldiers are ruining the image of the 140,000 other troops in IRaq that have done alot of good. If he wasnt concerned, then I'd be worried.

And if you fucking paid any attention to reality, you'd see that every conservative condemned these acts. Hell they even passed a resolution that said such. Condemn these acts and praise the other 140,000 troops over there. 49 Democrats couldnt even vote for this. Why? Makes no sense unless they truly beleive that all our soldiers are war criminals.

I don't see many conservatives here condemning these acts. Conservatives here would prefer to take the torture of Iraq prisoners and turn it into some kind of conservative-liberal argument by fabricating lies about liberal beliefs and then using those fabrications to call liberals out on non-existant hypocrisies. ALL I have heard so far from conservatives here is how bad liberals are, rather than a condemnation of these acts of torture.

I don't see many conservatives here condemning these acts. Conservatives here would prefer to take the torture of Iraq prisoners and turn it into some kind of conservative-liberal argument by fabricating lies about liberal beliefs and then using those fabrications to call liberals out on non-existant hypocrisies. ALL I have heard so far from conservatives here is how bad liberals are, rather than a condemnation of these acts of torture.

Well if you would have paid attention the very first post on the topic showed everyones outrage for these acts. It wasnt until people called for rumsfield to resign that the argument insued. Thus liberals politiczing another tragedy. Are we simply supposed to sit back and allow people to accuse the president and the SOD of ordering this? I don't think so.

Well if you would have paid attention the very first post on the topic showed everyones outrage for these acts. It wasnt until people called for rumsfield to resign that the argument insued. Thus liberals politiczing another tragedy. Are we simply supposed to sit back and allow people to accuse the president and the SOD of ordering this? I don't think so.

Lets see, so I'm going to set up a system where we can round people up, classify them as not having any rights, turn the prisons over to military intelligence instead of military police, and then expect abuses not to happen? Right.

Let's face it, after 9/11, conservatives around this nation began to start thinking about when and why torture would be an acceptable instrument in fighting terror. Don't lie, I wasn't born yesterday, I rememebr what yall's attitude were 2 years ago, and I distinctly remember the question of "when is is acceptable to use torture?" being brought up.

Well guess what, as Israel as learned, torture is a slippery slope. For them, it started with using "mild physical force" on suspects ONLY in situations where life was imminently threatened - now, they're completely willing to torture the neigbor of a terrorist suspect just to get information.

When half the country feels torture can at times be justified, its no surprise that there is torture going on in our "detainment" camps.

Lets see, so I'm going to set up a system where we can round people up, classify them as not having any rights, turn the prisons over to military intelligence instead of military police, and then expect abuses not to happen? Right.

Let's face it, after 9/11, conservatives around this nation began to start thinking about when and why torture would be an acceptable instrument in fighting terror. Don't lie, I wasn't born yesterday, I rememebr what yall's attitude were 2 years ago, and I distinctly remember the question of "when is is acceptable to use torture?" being brought up.

Well guess what, as Israel as learned, torture is a slippery slope. For them, it started with using "mild physical force" on suspects ONLY in situations where life was imminently threatened - now, they're completely willing to torture the neigbor of a terrorist suspect just to get information.

When half the country feels torture can at times be justified, its no surprise that there is torture going on in our "detainment" camps.

People like you scare me. Im really frightened that your running for president, John. Thank god most of America doesnt see it your way.

People like you scare me. Im really frightened that your running for president, John. Thank god most of America doesnt see it your way.

I scare you? I wasn't the one talking about when torture might be acceptable following 9/11, I don't know if you were, but the lot of your conservative buddies sure as hell thought torture might be acceptable in some cases. You know its true, don't lie.

I scare you? I wasn't the one talking about when torture might be acceptable following 9/11, I don't know if you were, but the lot of your conservative buddies sure as hell thought torture might be acceptable in some cases. You know its true, don't lie.

People that hate the president enough to accuse him of creating internment camps that work for a major government agency in charge of technology and information crutial to the military scare me.

People that hate the president enough to accuse him of creating internment camps that work for a major government agency in charge of technology and information crutial to the military scare me.

Don't be scared, I don't have any clearance at all, nothing about this project is classified. Of course, with all the cocaine Shrub snorted back in the 60's, he wouldn't be able to get clearance either.

Nice how you completely avoided the issue - which was that some people in this country think torture is acceptable - and turned it around into a Shrub hating thing. Good diversionary tactics, you should work for the Misinformation Department in Washington.

Don't be scared, I don't have any clearance at all, nothing about this project is classified. Of course, with all the cocaine Shrub snorted back in the 60's, he wouldn't be able to get clearance either.

Nice how you completely avoided the issue - which was that some people in this country think torture is acceptable - and turned it around into a Shrub hating thing. Good diversionary tactics, you should work for the Misinformation Department in Washington.

Actually you're whole argument is based on the fact that people agreed with these acts which they don't. So now whose changing the subject.

Actually you're whole argument is based on the fact that people agreed with these acts which they don't. So now whose changing the subject.

First off, that's an improvement, actually addressing my argument instead of talking about something completely unrelated.

However sir, you are misrepresenting my argument.

My whole argument is based on the fact after 9/11 many conservatives agreed with the torture of suspects if it was absolutely neccessary to save lives in imminent danger. These same people do NOT agree with torture to obtain non-imminently life threatening information, but what they don't realize is that by believing in torture for the former scenario, they create a very slippery slope to the latter.

Do you disagree with the fact that immediately following 9/11 many conservatives were in favor of, say, torturing somebody if that someone had information related to a nuclear bomb that was about to go off in a few hours?

First off, that's an improvement, actually addressing my argument instead of talking about something completely unrelated.

However sir, you are misrepresenting my argument.

My whole argument is based on the fact after 9/11 many conservatives agreed with the torture of suspects if it was absolutely neccessary to save lives in imminent danger.

Do you disagree with the above statement?

No. Many liberals thought this way to due to the state of mind that they were in after having 3000 people killed.

No. Many liberals thought this way to due to the state of mind that they were in after having 3000 people killed.

Perhaps some liberals did, other than that your message is deserving only of the reply

WHATEVER

I have memory, I can remember 2 years back, there were conservatives discussing the use of torture, and no amount of attempted brainwashing on your part is going to eradicate my memory.

Perhaps some liberals did, other than that your message is deserving only of the reply

WHATEVER

I have memory, I can remember 2 years back, there were conservatives discussing the use of torture, and no amount of attempted brainwashing on your part is going to eradicate my memory.

Thats nice. I personally don't agree with torture. I also think that the military as a whole doesnt either. This isolated incident is just that until we have all the information. If after the investigation, they have solid evidence that Rumsfield had a hand in this then by all means call for his head. But to call for his head now based on accusations and a few pictures is politicizing this issue. That is what i have a problem with.

Thats nice. I personally don't agree with torture. I also think that the military as a whole doesnt either. This isolated incident is just that until we have all the information. If after the investigation, they have solid evidence that Rumsfield had a hand in this then by all means call for his head. But to call for his head now based on accusations and a few pictures is politicizing this issue. That is what i have a problem with.

Well of course its based on only a few pictures, Don Rummie is holding on to the rest of them, how convenient.

Well of course its based on only a few pictures, Don Rummie is holding on to the rest of them, how convenient.

Actually i believe thats the military officials in charge of the investigation that wish to have all the evidence withheld so that a fair trial can be had for the individuals involved.

Forum List

Back