Iran to put warships off US Atlantic coast...

This assumes they have the means to refuel and resupply.
List of current ships of the Iranian Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Doesn't qualify as a decent Coast Guard

More scare em with a new boogerman bullshit.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
H. L. Mencken

This assumes they have the means to refuel and resupply.
List of current ships of the Iranian Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Doesn't qualify as a decent Coast Guard

More scare em with a new boogerman bullshit.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
H. L. Mencken

What a perfectly accurate quote, thanks for posting it.

This is one of the most militarily stupid decisions I've heard of. Without a resupply point the Iranian Navy won't be able to stay in International Waters for long at all, and they're a navigational error from never going home again.

There's a reason the USN maintains bases all over the world, and should. I guess Iran is about to learn why.

Hell, we had Russians off our coast all through the Cold War. When I was aboard the battleship in the Med, the Russian Bears would fly over us all the time. They were so close we'd wave at em - and they'd wave back. I tell ya - it was one sight to see one of these bad boys fly over you...

1531934.jpg

This is one of the most militarily stupid decisions I've heard of. Without a resupply point the Iranian Navy won't be able to stay in International Waters for long at all, and they're a navigational error from never going home again.

There's a reason the USN maintains bases all over the world, and should. I guess Iran is about to learn why.

My guess would be Cuba/Venequela. You know - those two Liberal paradises down south. They'll take care of the filthy Arabs.

They'll never venture past the Pillars of Hercules. Its unlikely they'd even travel that far. Its not a true blue water navy.

They'll never venture past the Pillars of Hercules. Its unlikely they'd even travel that far. Its not a true blue water navy.

They won't make it half way across the Med before breaking down.

Hell, we had Russians off our coast all through the Cold War. When I was aboard the battleship in the Med, the Russian Bears would fly over us all the time. They were so close we'd wave at em - and they'd wave back. I tell ya - it was one sight to see one of these bad boys fly over you...

I've looked into the belly of one of those in the north Pacific.

Just the kind of fear mongering, devisive BS you'd expect from a Murdoch newspaper-PFFFFFT!

He doesn't own it anymore, dipshit.

The West Australian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The West Australian was owned by the publicly-listed company West Australian Newspapers Ltd from the 1920s. In 1969, the Melbourne based The Herald and Weekly Times Ltd bought WAN and published the paper until 1987 when it was sold to Robert Holmes à Court's Bell Group in 1987 when the remainder of H&WT was bought by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation.[5] The following year Alan Bond, through Bond Corporation, gained control of Bell Group and hence the paper. This ownership structure only survived for a few years until the collapse of Bond Corporation. A newly formed company, West Australian Newspapers Holdings, then purchased the paper from the receivers before being floated in an oversubscribed $185 million public offering.[6] Chairman Trevor Eastwood announced in the annual report that the company was listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: SWM) on 9 January 1992. A management fee of $217,000 and underwriting/brokers handling fee of $1,981,136 were paid to companies associated with former short-term directors John Poynton and J. H. Nickson.[7] February 2011: After acquired Seven Media Group, West Australian Newspapers Holding Ltd. became Seven West Media Limited, Australia's largest diversified media business.[8]

heh. Bring it, bitches.

Hey, let the target practice begin!

They won't make it half way across the Med before breaking down.
****************************************************************************************************
Has it dawned on our conservative friends that Iran may have an ulterior motive for placing warships along America's coast and their "Rambo" response may be playing right into it.

With the Palestinian request for statehood resting with the United Nations, the last thing the US needs is to further inflame antiAmerica feelings in the MidEast!

Last edited:
Has it dawned on our conservative friends that Iran may have an ulterior motive for placing warships along America's coast and their "Rambo" response may be playing right into it.

With the Palestinian request for statehood resting with the United Nations, the last thing the US needs is to inflame antiAmerica feels in the MidEast!

If they had a navy that could actually make it to US waters, you might have a point.

With the Palestinian request for statehood resting with the United Nations, the last thing the US needs is to inflame antiAmerica feels in the MidEast!

Once again, as long as their ships remain in International waters, they have every right to be there. Cowboy Bush is no longer in charge.

Once again, as long as their ships remain in International waters, they have every right to be there. Cowboy Bush is no longer in charge.

Cowboy Bush? LOL! That's a fucking laugh-riot.

How many illegal, immoral wars does Chickenhawk Cowboy Obama have going on? Seven or Eight? I can't keep up with the warmongering little tool.

Cowboy Bush? LOL! That's a fucking laugh-riot.

How many illegal, immoral wars does Chickenhawk Cowboy Obama have going on? Seven or Eight? I can't keep up with the warmongering little tool.

Let's see....he inherited Iraq. He doubled down on Afghanistan. He threw missiles into Libya. I blame him for two. Please help me out with the additional 5 or 6 you mentioned.

Hmmm. Many posters are right. Very tough trip across Atlantic, looks like they only have 5 frigates with support craft. Can't imagine sending a two ship flotilla all the way to America.

I can see them announce the trip and then "loose" a frigate during the trip and claim a US sub sank it without provocation .... That's the Iranian style

Forum List

Back