Iran throws Hamas under the bus

Iran is Shia… Hamas is Sunni

It never made sense that Iran was behind this

You may be surprised to know that that enemies sometimes work together to attain a common goal.

Saudi peace initiative

Complete Israeli withdrawal from territories occupied in 1967, including the Golan Heights, based on United Nations Security Council Resolutions (UNSCRs) 242 and 338;

A just settlement of the Palestinian refugee question on the basis of UNSCR 194; and

Recognition of East Jerusalem as the capital of an independent Palestinian state.

In exchange for those measures, the member states of the Arab League would:

Declare an end to the Israeli-Arab conflict, entering into a peace agreement with Israel; and

Establish normal relations with the State of Israel.

Thus, the initiative is, in fact, a basic formula outlining principles for negotiations and a political settlement but one that leaves maneuvering room for different meanings and practical solutions. For example, it was determined that the solution to the “Palestinian refugee problem” should be “agreed upon.”

Another example is the lack of a demand for the evacuation of all Israeli settlements in the West Bank, which is intended to leave room for flexibility regarding arrangements for the blocks bordering Israel. Indeed, Saudi Foreign Minister Saud Al Faisal noted in 2007 that the member states would have “to take notice of new developments, which require additions and developments in whatever is offered.”

As only 10 of the Arab League’s member states were present at the Beirut Summit, the API was reintroduced at the 2007 Riyadh Summit and unanimously endorsed by the member states.

(Syria and Lebanon objected to some aspects of the initiative but supported the document.

The Hamas representative abstained.) It remains to this day the single peace plan agreed by all members of the Arab League.

The varied Israeli response versus support from the international community

Israeli political leaders have addressed the API in a variety of ways since it was first introduced.

Ariel Sharon, the prime minister at the time, flatly rejected the proposal on the grounds that it would require Israel to accept a large number of Palestinian refugees and that it crossed Israeli “red lines.” Nevertheless, subsequent Israeli responses have been more ambivalent.

The late Israeli President Shimon Peres welcomed the plan, and then-Prime Minister Ehud Olmert termed it a “revolutionary change,” while rejecting the elements related to refugee returns.

For his part, former head of government Benjamin Netanyahu has offered a variety of opinions on the plan over the years, rejecting it in 2007, calling it as a “general idea … good” in 2015, but then rejecting it again as a basis for negotiations in 2018.

Continued
Israel will never concede the right of return

And they would be insane to give the Golan Heights back to Syria

So you will never have peace or fulfill the dream of from the river to the sea

Iran is Shia… Hamas is Sunni

It never made sense that Iran was behind this
It does make sense, if you spend some time to educating yourself with Arab history, customs, and society.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Temporary alliances, supporting another military, to attain one's objective is simple good military strategy. This is where Trump or I, would say that the Iranians are very smart.

Iran has said, although they provide Hamas with hundreds of millions of dollars a year to destroy Israel, they will not intervene in the conflict because they said Hamas did not tell them about the attack beforehand.

:auiqs.jpg:

Translation, Iran is not ready to directly take on Israel and the US without a WMD, in addition to Russia and China ready to do the same.

Just give them a little more time.

The article then goes on to say that a 2 state solution is now more likely. Really? What would that look like? It would look like the people of Gaza re-electing another terrorist group to represent them that is also funded by Iran to destroy Israel.

Hilarious.
There is also another translation. I believe Biden is on the verge of sending Iran a few more billion dollars and Iran is waiting for that to be in the bank first. After that, the gloves could come off.

There is also another translation. I believe Biden is on the verge of sending Iran a few more billion dollars and Iran is waiting for that to be in the bank first. After that, the gloves could come off.
Gee You may be right----I, too, have a sense that Iran is WAITING ---
but intends to go FULL ISLAM ON ISRAEL

Its just a term that means allowing all the pals to settle in Israel instead of the West Bank
I know what it means, palestinians, that are in Jordan, born in jordan, have a right to live in Israel, until their numbers are so great they overwhelm and take over Israel.

There is no such thing as a right of return. More political propaganda.

I know what it means, palestinians, that are in Jordan, born in jordan, have a right to live in Israel, until their numbers are so great they overwhelm and take over Israel.

There is no such thing as a right of return. More political propaganda.
Israel will never agree to that because it would mean the end for the Jewish state

Israel will never agree to that because it would mean the end for the Jewish state
“That” is a fantasy.

What needs to be addressed is a two state solution. Period.

Any “right to return” would be to that newly created state… NOT to Israel

“That” is a fantasy.

What needs to be addressed is a two state solution. Period.

Any “right to return” would be to that newly created state… NOT to Israel
Thats not what it means to arabs

They want a right of return from the river to the sea

Forum List

Back