Internet is too costly for many.

We take for granted somethings that others can't afford. We have basic TV, no premium channels and internet. Our bill just went up to 160... a month for basic TV, high speed internet, no phone on it, no DVR, and I got to thinking how many do not have internet due to not being able to afford it.

Most people do everything on the net, pay bills, shop, banking, read news, read about candidates for office, there is much free info on the net, socialization, kindle, many free pdfs books. Also SOS stuff, since very few SOS offices are around anymore, and less and less poor people can get photo ids to vote now days, as planned by the GOP controlled states.

If you don't think people are disadvantaged due to no internet think again. Its a must in todays world and those who are disabled or living on fixed income or low income can't afford it.

Its time to do something about the cost of internet. I think its time to Trump to do something about this.
So you want US to pay for your internet? GET A FUCKING JOB.... Go to Cuba and see how much of an internet you get there, dumbass. Stop making US pay for shit you're to lazy to work for. I am sick and tired of people like you, worthless fuck.

Many need the internet to get jobs now. We all need to start boycotting the internet companies, and force them to lower their prices.

That's why that God invented libraries with internet access.

We take for granted somethings that others can't afford. We have basic TV, no premium channels and internet. Our bill just went up to 160... a month for basic TV, high speed internet, no phone on it, no DVR, and I got to thinking how many do not have internet due to not being able to afford it.

Most people do everything on the net, pay bills, shop, banking, read news, read about candidates for office, there is much free info on the net, socialization, kindle, many free pdfs books. Also SOS stuff, since very few SOS offices are around anymore, and less and less poor people can get photo ids to vote now days, as planned by the GOP controlled states.

If you don't think people are disadvantaged due to no internet think again. Its a must in todays world and those who are disabled or living on fixed income or low income can't afford it.

Its time to do something about the cost of internet. I think its time to Trump to do something about this.
What unconstitutional actions do you want trump to do?

Nothing since he could careless. I think people should all quit internet for a month, it will lower their prices. Now we have a 1 terabyte limit a month, more its more. Thats due to people streaming TV movies and not using cable TV.

Did you mean "careless" or "care less"? There is a difference.

You go right ahead an boycott the Internet companies and see how that turns out. I suggest holding your breath while you do also!

How many families are you personally sponsoring by picking up their internet bill?

None, but I pay my taxes. I think they need to be lower. I have had the same company since 88 and dial up internet when it first came out , and the price has jumped the last few years.

I pay taxes too. This has what to do with internet access?

I don't think I need to pay for others internet, it can come out of my taxes, like schools, colleges, parks, zoos, firemen, etc. The gov needs to do something about the cost of internet, put caps on prices or something.

Awww! Look at the cute little communist!

So you want US to pay for your internet? GET A FUCKING JOB.... Go to Cuba and see how much of an internet you get there, dumbass. Stop making US pay for shit you're to lazy to work for. I am sick and tired of people like you, worthless fuck.

Many need the internet to get jobs now. We all need to start boycotting the internet companies, and force them to lower their prices.

You do that by switching providers when one gets greedy. Would also help if Congress ended the monopolies they granted them. This is why I oppose anymore consolidation in the cell phone industry.

Congress had nothing to do with it. Check your facts!

Truly "basic tv" is free as long as you have rabbit ears. Cut the cable and you can get internet for about 20 bucks a month.

If you think internet service is too expensive, invest in a cheaper alternative or go without.

There is nothing Trump can or should do about it. That's unconstitutional. If congresses in the states or Washington have enacted laws that grant near monopolies to internet providers who charge too much, fire those politicians.

Rabbit ears? WTF? You do realize that TV went digital a LONG time ago!

You can buy internet from Comcast for $19.99 per month. If that is too expensive for you, you have bigger problems than lack of internet access.
:( there is no comcast up in Maine where I am.... no cable or broadband available at all... quite frustrating really... we thought time warner was coming to town, no such luck... they got bought out by Spectrum I think, still no cable tv or broadband... been waiting 11 years for it, with all kinds of promises of getting it, still hasn't happened...

$19.99 is cheap as heck! You are lucky!

Surely there are companies that offer really low rate internet, isn't there? Basic surfing of the internet should be available to everyone, it's become a commodity like a loaf of bread.

There is another company here, ATT and it has been here for a few years, Before that only one and in many places one has the monopoly and they keep raising the prices. My friend in Fl. pays 120 a month and she says they have more companies to chose from and she has the same as me.

you sloved your own problem switch if you have the option ..
in NYC twc cable kept jankin up my rates

when i FINALLY had the opportunity to dump TWC for FIOS
oh BOY
i loved fios

down here i have a silver package no cable boxes
they got me me for my first year for the whole package 3 boxes ,land line wasnt bad for 130 bucks
after the first year it went to 180
they do it to everybody .
not that im struggling but fuck them and the HBOS would never work forget it
so
i canceled just paid 50 bucks for INTERNET tried every streaming service for free
direct tv streaming best picture quality
i got a 40 dollar package ...could of been 50 doesn't matter i canceled
did it with hulu

sling sucks
netflix blah

i still use vudu for movies
plus theirs all kinds of free streaming garbage out there
long story short
couple months later i call the cable company back cause they got a streaming app

i turned silver package back on ...my internets very decent ...its not fios but its good
i pay 108 a month

180 to 108

AND the app works better then their shit ass cable boxes

and if they jack it up again ill just cancel

ROFLMFAO

Low income/welfare, of any kind recipients,
get Xfinity internet for $10 a month,
thats why others pay $50 a month, silly

Do you have a right to free internet at home?

Never mind. Look who I'm asking.

did I say it should be free??

ROFLMFAO

I have Comcast, had them for a long long time , they always say what a good customer I am. Also it never was 10 bucks a month.

Last edited:

Truly "basic tv" is free as long as you have rabbit ears. Cut the cable and you can get internet for about 20 bucks a month.

If you think internet service is too expensive, invest in a cheaper alternative or go without.

There is nothing Trump can or should do about it. That's unconstitutional. If congresses in the states or Washington have enacted laws that grant near monopolies to internet providers who charge too much, fire those politicians.

Where do you get internet for 20 bucks?

A quick google search revealed the following:

The Best Cheap Internet Providers | Speeds start at $20/mo.
The 7 Best Cheap Internet Service Providers
None of them are cheap and if they are chances they are not in your service area.

Just get off your butt and get wi-fi for free.

How??

Not the same.

Nothing since he could careless. I think people should all quit internet for a month, it will lower their prices. Now we have a 1 terabyte limit a month, more its more. Thats due to people streaming TV movies and not using cable TV.

You go right ahead an boycott the Internet companies and see how that turns out. I suggest holding your breath while you do also!

Care less. Oh I'm sure if I boycott them they could care less.

Not the same.

My God. The inhumanity of expecting someone to go to a public library to have free access to the internet.

Too fking funny.

ROFLMFAO

I have Comcast, had them for a long long time , they always say what a good customer I am. Also it never was 10 bucks a month.
Internet Essentials

AT&T offers the same too

bundled TV/internet/telephone plus equipment only runs me $194 under contract with comcast;. Add about $20 if you want no contract.

Forum List

Back