Interfaithism: Prayers to Satan open City Council Meetings

It is written:
And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Colossians 2:15

Who spoiled principalities and powers and made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it? Jesus Christ did. Over two thousand years ago at the cross.

Lucifer doesn't have the keys to hell and death. Jesus Christ has the keys to hell and death.

It is written:
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Rev. 1:18

Uh, yeah. I don't suppose you have ever had the notion that the end times have already come and gone and we are living in the Hell that was promised?
Not that I am complaining, but a case could be made that this ain't no picnic we are on at the moment.

So, are you RWNJs saying there should not be a prayer to other gods besides the one(s) you believe in?

Yes, its true that your wacko prez candidate has very openly stated he would end the First Amendment but it hasn't happened yet and you do not get to choose one god over another.
It is written:
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me.
Isaiah 45:5-6

Oh, it's written, that changes everything. Everything that is written is obviously true

So much for Christians respecting any other religion but theirs...

Satanism is part of judeo/Christian theology. It's an anti-Christian offshoot as opposed to its own religion. Kinda like someone calling anti-islam a religion. No way lefties and atheists would allow an anti-islam prayer.

That depends on what version of Satanism you are talking about, actually. For The Church of Satan, the one based on LeVay's book, there is no god, Christian or otherwise. They use the terminology of Satan symbolically.

There is another Satanic church that did one of these kinds of opening prayers, or maybe it was a sporting event prayer, that have a similar kind of spiritual but non-religious belief I believe.

Don't let the trappings fool you; a lot of the time people who claim to be Satanic don't believe in Satan as a real being.

Oh noes! The end is nigh!

:ack-1:
You won't be saying that when the wrath of God is poured out on this nation, Montrovant.

Until then, I'll continue to mock the idea that any god is about to 'pour wrath' on the country. ;)
well, now the tide has turned and heathens like us we got it. I don't have a problem with Jesus. The satan kill death sadistic nihilistic pain anti god stuff, that bothers me. I would rather individual intelligent people with good hearts and healthy minds who are agnostic come to power other than Muslim nihilists suicide mass murderers dominate here. Truly. Christians are not the problem.

Last edited:
So, are you RWNJs saying there should not be a prayer to other gods besides the one(s) you believe in?

Yes, its true that your wacko prez candidate has very openly stated he would end the First Amendment but it hasn't happened yet and you do not get to choose one god over another.

satan isn't a god, derp.
Just a lowly angel...Who seems to be as strong as God, since God has not destroyed Satan since the rebellion over humans..
It is written:
And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Colossians 2:15

Who spoiled principalities and powers and made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it? Jesus Christ did. Over two thousand years ago at the cross.

Lucifer doesn't have the keys to hell and death. Jesus Christ has the keys to hell and death.

It is written:
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Rev. 1:18

It has been written
"Those who have the youth
Have the future"
So come now, children of the beast
Be strong
And Shout at the Devil

:D

You won't be saying that when the wrath of God is poured out on this nation, Montrovant.

Until then, I'll continue to mock the idea that any god is about to 'pour wrath' on the country. ;)
well, now the tide has turned and heathens like us we got it. I don't have a problem with Jesus. The satan kill death sadistic neihlistic pain god stuff, that bothers me. I would rather individual intelligent people with good hearts and healthy minds who are agnostic than Muslim nihilists suicide mass murderers dominate here. Truly.

What? Where did Islam get into this?

Why is ANY City Council ANYWHERE EVER doing ANY kind of "invocation" AT ALL? That is the question.

Satanism is part of judeo/Christian theology. It's an anti-Christian offshoot as opposed to its own religion. Kinda like someone calling anti-islam a religion. No way lefties and atheists would allow an anti-islam prayer.

That depends on what version of Satanism you are talking about, actually. For The Church of Satan, the one based on LeVay's book, there is no god, Christian or otherwise. They use the terminology of Satan symbolically.

There is another Satanic church that did one of these kinds of opening prayers, or maybe it was a sporting event prayer, that have a similar kind of spiritual but non-religious belief I believe.

Don't let the trappings fool you; a lot of the time people who claim to be Satanic don't believe in Satan as a real being.
Then they need to call it something other than satan or include every reference relative to every religion. Otherwise they're just undisciplined children venting against Christian-oriented authority.

well, now the tide has turned and heathens like us we got it. I don't have a problem with Jesus. The satan kill death sadistic neihlistic pain god stuff, that bothers me. I would rather individual intelligent people with good hearts and healthy minds who are agnostic than Muslim nihilists suicide mass murderers dominate here. Truly.

Satanism, Islam what is the difference?

The garments..

:lmao:

Islam actually exists.

Then they need to call it something other than satan or include every reference relative to every religion. Otherwise they're just undisciplined children venting against Christian-oriented authority.

Whatever it's called, at least some forms of Satanism are not part of Judeo/Christian theology. I didn't name their religions. :)

Islam actually exists.

Wait, now Satanism doesn't exist?

That indeed seems to be exactly the point. See post 47.

Islam actually exists.

Wait, now Satanism doesn't exist?

Oops. Was that supposed to be a secret? :eusa_silenced:

Sorry... :D

satan isn't a god, derp.
Just a lowly angel...Who seems to be as strong as God, since God has not destroyed Satan since the rebellion over humans..
Show me one passage in the Bible where he has tried.
He who,, has tried what?
You said Satan seems to be as strong as God since he hasn't destroyed Satan. Show me a passage in the Bible where God has attempted to do so.

Can anyone understand a religion like Islam? Condone torture and horrific murder in HD? I don't see to many xtian beheading videos, they stopped burning people alive since the 1500's. Islam reminds me of satanism in more profound way. They think like a person caught in a time warp. If there is EVIL, Islam seems to embody it more and more, and Muslims, like NAZIS, do little or nothing to stop the real evil those neo facist neilist sickos perpetrate.

satan isn't a god, derp.
Show me one passage in the Bible where he has tried.
He who,, has tried what?
You said Satan seems to be as strong as God since he hasn't destroyed Satan. Show me a passage in the Bible where God has attempted to do so.
He never has, that is the point, he let Satan live.....evidently, God has no desire to do so, since he uses Satan to toy with his creation.God never smote Cain either, yet humans feel the need to implement capital punishment.........

Forum List

Back