Instant Pot files for Bankruptcy.

We've got two or three old ones that have pyrex molded into the glass bottom and they have lost their markings. We use a dishwasher though and other glassware graphics have disappeared as well.
I watched a nerdy video on dish washing soap. Apparently the new 'pods' are uber strong needlessly. They were saying the best way is to get the old fashioned 'Cascade' type box soap. Apparently dishwashers have 2 places to pour the soap for pre wash and then wash. The pods are really strong to accomplish the same thing.

I and the grandkids love blueberry waffles too and I make them on occasion. I hate cleaning the iron though so we don't have them as often as I'd like.

We recently bought a commercial waffle iron but ended up with two after the first company failed to deliver after a couple months.
And wouldnt you know it,the new one came in and the two month wait one came in the next day.
So now we have two $500 dollar waffle irons.

I watched a nerdy video on dish washing soap. Apparently the new 'pods' are uber strong needlessly. They were saying the best way is to get the old fashioned 'Cascade' type box soap. Apparently dishwashers have 2 places to pour the soap for pre wash and then wash. The pods are really strong to accomplish the same thing.

Our new dishwasher has a reservoir you fill up and you can go a good three weeks without adding detergent.
Of course I didnt know about this feature and couldnt get the damn thing to run so I just left it to the Wife.
She of course gave me shit about it. I told he it's a matter of pride for a man not knowing how a dishwasher works.

Our new dishwasher has a reservoir you fill up and you can go a good three weeks without adding detergent.
Of course I didnt know about this feature and couldnt get the damn thing to run so I just left it to the Wife.
She of course gave me shit about it. I told he it's a matter of pride for a man not knowing how a dishwasher works.
If it dispenses a pre wash amount it's pretty good. Watch the video I posted and dazzle her with your knowledge.

Wow! Do they clean themselves? LOL, for that money they should.

They clean up really easy.
Just take the griddles out and put em in the dishwasher.
And you can replace the griddles if they get all F'd up.

We,ve started buying nothing but commercial kitchen stuff.
It works better and lasts longer.
Pay once cry once as they say.

You could say the same thing about the microwave oven.
In fact no one really knows if a product will endure over time. The thing that made them popular in the first place was the added functions they had over your standard pressure cooker.
They made a bunch of money in the beginning so I wouldnt really call it a failure.
And remember Pyrex along with instant pot are going bankrupt and Pyrex has been around at least since I was a little kid.
I'd bet you couldnt find a kitchen in America without some Pyrex cookware.
It is a failure because all of the money they made was reinvested back into a product whose sales were plummeting. But today, it is all about stock prices. So they kept pushing their products into untenable markets to give the impression their sales were expanding.

It is a failure because all of the money they made was reinvested back into a product whose sales were plummeting. But today, it is all about stock prices. So they kept pushing their products into untenable markets to give the impression their sales were expanding.
This thread has caused me to think a bit deeper into it than I might have had it not been here. If you compare the instant pot to the Keurig coffee system, they bear some similarities even being totally different products. They were both innovative and convenient. Prices are comparable as well. The major difference that I see is that the instant pot lasts forever and has nothing to promote that product over others that might already be in your cupboard i.e. a pressure cooker and crock pot. It had nothing to force you to use it over these other items while the Keurig seems to have planned obsolescence and a definite life span creating the need to replace it every 5-10 years. The royalties on the k-cup design probably go a long way to subsidize the coffee maker as well. Meh--just some random thoughts.

This thread has caused me to think a bit deeper into it than I might have had it not been here. If you compare the instant pot to the Keurig coffee system, they bear some similarities even being totally different products. They were both innovative and convenient. Prices are comparable as well. The major difference that I see is that the instant pot lasts forever and has nothing to promote that product over others that might already be in your cupboard i.e. a pressure cooker and crock pot. It had nothing to force you to use it over these other items while the Keurig seems to have planned obsolescence and a definite life span creating the need to replace it every 5-10 years. The royalties on the k-cup design probably go a long way to subsidize the coffee maker as well. Meh--just some random thoughts.

The Keurig is used every day where a pressure cooker isnt.
My Keurig only gets used in the cooler months though. I drink iced coffee in the summer.

Forum List

Back