Instant Pot files for Bankruptcy.

While the instant pot is a pressure cooker it does a bit more than a standard one.
Sure, it does turn on and off by itself and times what your cooking but it is a pressure cooker that plugs into the wall instead of heating on the stove. Whatever can be done with it can be done with a pressure cooker. I've never understood how they justify the name "instant" pot--it is anything but.

Sure, it does turn on and off by itself and times what your cooking but it is a pressure cooker that plugs into the wall instead of heating on the stove. Whatever can be done with it can be done with a pressure cooker. I've never understood how they justify the name "instant" pot--it is anything but.

It has an air fryer function as well.
There's a few more things it'll do just cant recall what they are at the moment.

InstaPot made a fatal mistake of not understanding a market.
New gadgets follow the same path - every time.
They become popular... have instant success with massive sales volumes... and then fall to nothing.
Instapot made a freshman business mistake... they kept pretending the volumes would continue and kept producing them as if they were still getting purchased.
Their sales in 2021 was half what it was in 2020. And 2022 was another 20% lower.
But they kept pretending another 2020 was going to happen any time now.

InstaPot made a fatal mistake of not understanding a market.
New gadgets follow the same path - every time.
They become popular... have instant success with massive sales volumes... and then fall to nothing.
Instapot made a freshman business mistake... they kept pretending the volumes would continue and kept producing them as if they were still getting purchased.
Their sales in 2021 was half what it was in 2020. And 2022 was another 20% lower.
But they kept pretending another 2020 was going to happen any time now.

You could say the same thing about the microwave oven.
In fact no one really knows if a product will endure over time. The thing that made them popular in the first place was the added functions they had over your standard pressure cooker.
They made a bunch of money in the beginning so I wouldnt really call it a failure.
And remember Pyrex along with instant pot are going bankrupt and Pyrex has been around at least since I was a little kid.
I'd bet you couldnt find a kitchen in America without some Pyrex cookware.

Why do my Pyrex glass measuring cups always lose their measuring lines?

Are they the real deal or a knock off?
We have some really old stuff and you can still read the markings.
We hand wash them as well so that might keep em from washing away as well.
I have a couple of them that have retained their markings. I'll check and see if they are legit.

Are they the real deal or a knock off?
We have some really old stuff and you can still read the markings.
We hand wash them as well so that might keep em from washing away as well.
We've got two or three old ones that have pyrex molded into the glass bottom and they have lost their markings. We use a dishwasher though and other glassware graphics have disappeared as well.

As a matter of fact we do.
It's the Wifes from way back and we still use it occasionally.
It works well with skinless boneless chicken breasts that have been marinated in Jerk seasoning.
Same with shrimp.
I and the grandkids love blueberry waffles too and I make them on occasion. I hate cleaning the iron though so we don't have them as often as I'd like.

Forum List

Back