Inside Rolls Royce: The World's Most Expensive Car | Our Stories

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
When you win one of the Lotteries, would you enjoy buying one of these cars. The most expensive car ever made is a Rolls Royce and they do not disclose the buyer, the country he lives in or the price paid.
But this might please those of you planning to win the Lottery. They show one Lottery winner driving his RR.

Inside Rolls Royce: The World's Most Expensive Car | Our Stories​

When you win one of the Lotteries, would you enjoy buying one of these cars. The most expensive car ever made is a Rolls Royce and they do not disclose the buyer, the country he lives in or the price paid.
But this might please those of you planning to win the Lottery. They show one Lottery winner driving his RR.

I would never own one, but would love to tour their manufacturing shops,,

I would never own one, but would love to tour their manufacturing shops,,

The cars now being made and sold under the Rolls Royce brand are cut off from the heritage of the brand.

A long time ago, the Rolls Royce company sold off its automobile operation. Last time that operation was up for sale, there was a fierce bidding war over it between Volkswagen and BMW. Volkswagen wound up owning the operation, but not the rights to use the Rolls Royce name or logo. BMW somehow went back to the original Rolls Royce company, and secured the brand rights.

If you're in the market for a new Rolls Royce automobile, and you want to stay true to the heritage thereof, then what you really want is a Bentley.

Bentleys are built at the factory, by the operation, now all owned by Volkswagen, that used to make both Bentleys and Rolls Royces. Rolls Royces are built by BMW, at a relatively new factory that BMW built for that purpose after it aquired the rights to the brand.

The actual Rolls Royce company doesn't build cars. They build aircraft engines.

The cars now being made and sold under the Rolls Royce brand are cut off from the heritage of the brand.

A long time ago, the Rolls Royce company sold off its automobile operation. Last time that operation was up for sale, there was a fierce bidding war over it between Volkswagen and BMW. Volkswagen wound up owning the operation, but not the rights to use the Rolls Royce name or logo. BMW somehow went back to the original Rolls Royce company, and secured the brand rights.

If you're in the market for a new Rolls Royce automobile, and you want to stay true to the heritage thereof, then what you really want is a Bentley.

Bentleys are built at the factory, by the operation, now all owned by Volkswagen, that used to make both Bentleys and Rolls Royces. Rolls Royces are built by BMW, at a relatively new factory that BMW built for that purpose after it aquired the rights to the brand.

The actual Rolls Royce company doesn't build cars. They build aircraft engines.
they talked about that a bit in the video,,

If I won a large lottery of more than several hundred million, I would buy a Bugatti, an Aston Martin, or a Bentley before buying a Rolls.

If I won a large lottery of more than several hundred million, I would buy a Bugatti, an Aston Martin, or a Bentley before buying a Rolls.
A Bentley is a lower priced Rolls Royce. By the way, those who refused to watch the Video, BMW now owns Rolls Royce.

A Bentley is a lower priced Rolls Royce. By the way, those who refused to watch the Video, BMW now owns Rolls Royce.

No.

Rolls Royce remains a separate company, that makes aircraft engines.

Volkswagen owns the entirety of the automotive manufacturing business that was once owned and operated by Rolls Royce. Through this operation, they make Bentleys. They do not have the rights to use the Rolls Royce name or logo.

BMW has licensed the rights from Rolls Royce to use the name and logo on automobiles, which they build at a factory that they set up for this purpose.

Before the latest breakup, Bentleys and Rolls Royces used to be made side-by-side, at the same factory, with each model under one brand being almost identical to a corresponding model under the other. From a very long time ago (late 1970s or early 1980s), I recall being made aware that the difference in price between a Rolls Royce and an otherwise identical Bentley was about $600 (out of a car selling, then, for over $100,000), and that this directly reflected the difference in manufacturing costs between the Rolls Royce grille and the Bentley grille.

No.

Rolls Royce remains a separate company, that makes aircraft engines.

Volkswagen owns the entirety of the automotive manufacturing business that was once owned and operated by Rolls Royce. Through this operation, they make Bentleys. They do not have the rights to use the Rolls Royce name or logo.

BMW has licensed the rights from Rolls Royce to use the name and logo on automobiles, which they build at a factory that they set up for this purpose.

Before the latest breakup, Bentleys and Rolls Royces used to be made side-by-side, at the same factory, with each model under one brand being almost identical to a corresponding model under the other. From a very long time ago (late 1970s or early 1980s), I recall being made aware that the difference in price between a Rolls Royce and an otherwise identical Bentley was about $600 (out of a car selling, then, for over $100,000), and that this directly reflected the difference in manufacturing costs between the Rolls Royce grille and the Bentley grille.
I am going by this.
Who is the current owner of Rolls-Royce?

BMW Group

Today, BMW Group owns BMW, Rolls-Royce, Mini, and BMW Motorrad.

Who owns what? Car brands and their parent companies​

I know what a Bentley is, and have ridden in a Rolls and Bentley, and they are two distinctly different high end automobiles.

My take away was that the Bentley is more of a high performance automobile, so I would still prefer a Bentley, but that is just my personal preference.

As far as BMW acquiring Rolls Royce, that's old news that dates back to the late 90's.

Last edited:

My uncle owned a Rolls Royce back in the late 70s and early 80s. As a little kid back then, I thought it was the coolest thing ever the few times I got to ride in it. Unc was a total playboy who lived in Bel Air, and was married like 5 times, always to a European woman. Rich bastard also owned a Ferrari 308, which I was never allowed to ride in or even touch.

When I got older, he did give me a really nice gun, an English .375 H&H rifle he had taken on a safari to Africa back in the day. I've never shot it, because the ammo is hard to find and unholy expensive.

He was a mack daddy and I do miss him. I have no idea what happened to his Rolls, unfortunately.

I am going by this.
Who is the current owner of Rolls-Royce?

BMW Group

Today, BMW Group owns BMW, Rolls-Royce, Mini, and BMW Motorrad.

Who owns what? Car brands and their parent companies

“Rolls-Royce Motor Cars” is a subsidiary created in the late 1990s, by BMW after it acquired the rights to use the Rolls Royce brand. It has no historical connection to anything otherwise having to do with automobiles made under the Rolls Royce brand before BMW acquired those rights,

Bentleys are the only automobiles now being made, that have any legitimate claim to the Rolls Royce heritage.

Forum List

Back