Inhofe says he won't take part in Tulsa holiday parade until Christmas put back in

Dear idiot, when its governemnt money being spent you dont get top billing.

No one makes you take your merry christmas sign off yout house huh?

When you spend the peoples money or use the peoples property for clebration it does not deserve christian top billing.

GET IT!!!!!!!!

If you have a permit (that adds to the "peoples" coffers) to use 'the people's property', your free speech (freedom of expression) should not be limited to 'non-religious'. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I believe that Christmas celebrations across Christian faiths would be covered under the the right of the people peaceably to assemble.

Bah, humbug!

If you want to pay for a parade, go ahead and get a permit.

When the parade is paid for by the govt with taxpayers money, the christians don't get to decide shit about the parade

And if it is a "tax paid" parade, then WHO DOES get to decide what it's called? The people who PAID the taxes or some liberal bureacrat who decides those people should be censored?

Can you show me what part of the first amendment contains the answer to that question? All I can see is FREEDOM of EXPRESSION and RELIGION. Not a freedom for some religion hating bureaucrat to censor.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who said that?

This country, I know you have heard it, is more than 70% Christian (believing, not necessarily practicing). As the country grew, employees requested Christian celebration time or Christian business owners would close to celebrate Christian occasions. Non-Christians are not ordered to "celebrate" or participate in any religious events. When that number of the population celebrates something at the same time, it does not go, unnoticed. It is not meant to "offend" anyone. It is a time of joy, a reminder that a child was born with the intent of bringing peace to mankind (His schedule, not ours).

If you go into any other religious community in the USA, you will not find Christians protesting their celebrations. In cases where the population is very large, their days have been declared "holidays" (which by the way is also a religious term = holy day).

There is not a denial of other religions at Christmas, just a celebration of the Christian holiday. It is a time for joy. If you want to be honest, that might be the reason you find fault with the "holiday"; it is not about misery.

If you only recognize one religions holidays, then you are indeed denying the significance of the other religions' holidays.

There is nothing special about your worship of human sacrifice. It is no more (or less bloody) and disgusting than the other religions beliefs.

get yourself some balls and rail about Hannaku and Rhamadan, then we'll believe you until that time you are a bitter old peice of shit who likes to dump on Christmas nothing more.

It is noted that the "brave" vanguards on the War on Christmas, ONLY go after Christians who are not committed to violence.

You notice there is no war on Rammadan, nor an effort to make it PC friendly.

I dare say if they tried, they would have to go into hiding like Salman Rushdie.

No, because if it was the reason for the season, date would change as it does for Easter (something I've never liked, but then I didn't make the Roman calender we follow).

The fact the Roman Catholics/Calender set Christmas at the time pagans once celebrated is well known.

I don't think that de-legitimizes Christmas any more than setting it at another time of the year. I'm sure there was once a pagan day for any other date on the calender.

We should rejoice that instead of sacrificing children (as pagans once did), we now give gifts to them. THAT is because of Christ.

(and OH yes, pagans sacrificed children. I once got into a big debate with a big time pagan witch on that. She lost BIG TIME.)

Read up on the Roman Saturnalia and how the Early Christian church didn't even celebrate their Christ's birthday for 300 years.....(people didn't celebrate birthdays back then, only death days)...and how they had intense competition from several cults such as the extremely popular cults celebrating the Saturnalia....so, they co-opted the holiday.

Also how Christmas used to be cleebrated in Jolly old England by drunken orgies and such.
where Santa came from and the Christmas tree.

In FACT the Christians are the ones who have been waging war on multiple pagan winter equinox holidays for centuries.

It is INDEED true that Christmas in Europe was once a holiday of ill repute.

That is another example of the virtues Americans have over the Europeans.

For it was the America that returned Christmas to a time of virtue and deep religious meaning.

It's now atheists that want Christmas gone.

This thread makes it all too obvious.

If you only recognize one religions holidays, then you are indeed denying the significance of the other religions' holidays.

There is nothing special about your worship of human sacrifice. It is no more (or less bloody) and disgusting than the other religions beliefs.

get yourself some balls and rail about Hannaku and Rhamadan, then we'll believe you until that time you are a bitter old peice of shit who likes to dump on Christmas nothing more.

It is noted that the "brave" vanguards on the War on Christmas, ONLY go after Christians who are not committed to violence.

You notice there is no war on Rammadan, nor an effort to make it PC friendly.

I dare say if they tried, they would have to go into hiding like Salman Rushdie.

Oh dear...show us the public funded Ramadan parade....and I will support changing it to....something inclusive.

And, Hannaka (sorry for misspelling) is in the same boat with Christmas...celebrated with generic Happy Holidays and Winter Parades.

Surely you knew that.

Read up on the Roman Saturnalia and how the Early Christian church didn't even celebrate their Christ's birthday for 300 years.....(people didn't celebrate birthdays back then, only death days)...and how they had intense competition from several cults such as the extremely popular cults celebrating the Saturnalia....so, they co-opted the holiday.

Also how Christmas used to be cleebrated in Jolly old England by drunken orgies and such.
where Santa came from and the Christmas tree.

In FACT the Christians are the ones who have been waging war on multiple pagan winter equinox holidays for centuries.

It is INDEED true that Christmas in Europe was once a holiday of ill repute.

That is another example of the virtues Americans have over the Europeans.

For it was the America that returned Christmas to a time of virtue and deep religious meaning.

You're joking, of course.

And a Blessed Winter Solstice....the Reason for the Season (being when it is)

No, because if it was the reason for the season, date would change as it does for Easter (something I've never liked, but then I didn't make the Roman calender we follow).

The fact the Roman Catholics/Calender set Christmas at the time pagans once celebrated is well known.

I don't think that de-legitimizes Christmas any more than setting it at another time of the year. I'm sure there was once a pagan day for any other date on the calender.

We should rejoice that instead of sacrificing children (as pagans once did), we now give gifts to them. THAT is because of Christ.

(and OH yes, pagans sacrificed children. I once got into a big debate with a big time pagan witch on that. She lost BIG TIME.)

Some pagans sacrificed children....such as the Phoenicians. Some Celts sacrificed kings if things were bad. But a lot of what you hear is Christian propaganda.

I'm sorry but you are DEAD wrong. It's NOT propaganda. National Geographic did an article on digs from ALL OVER THE WORLD, of the remains found of human sacrifices. They were ALL OVER.

I wish I still had that article.

And the links below are only the ones I have time to add right now. (I've been very busy lately) I have to run.

This isn't all by a long mile. There wasn't an ancient pagan culture that didn't practice some form of sacrifice.

Christian propaganda indeed!!!

The first reports of the Celts engaing in sacrifice came from the Romans!

You speak of only your own ignorance which always goes hand in hand with bigotry.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sacrifice - rituals, world, body, life, history, beliefs, rate, time, person, human, Sacrifice and Society, Attempts to Explain Blood Sacrifice, Controversies and Unsettled Questions

FoxNews.com - Skeletal Remains of Ancient Human Sacrifice Found in China

Human sacrifice! Archaeologist creates stir with new book on Cahokia Mounds - Collinsville/Troy news - bnd.com

Human Sacrifice & Cannibalism in Celtic Britain - i-zeen

Early Europeans Practiced Human Sacrifice | LiveScience

http://www.famsi.org/reports/05054/05054ChavezBalderas02.pdf

Druids Committed Human Sacrifice, Cannibalism?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...e-chamber-peru-presentation-science-pictures/

Ancient Tomb Found in Mexico Reveals Mass Child Sacrifice

Human sacrifice in ancient Greece - Google Books

Science: Human Sacrifice Evidence Mounts - Science News - redOrbit

Debate Over Evidence of Mass Cannibalism - US News and World Report

British Archaeology, no 38, October 1998: Features

Evidence of Earliest Human Sacrifice Found in Africa | Impact Lab

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dying-Gods-Human-Sacrifice-Europe/dp/0752425285]Dying for the Gods: Human Sacrifice in Iron Age and Roman Europe: Amazon.co.uk: Miranda J. Green: Books[/ame]

You forgot to mention how Christmas is even more celebrated with the introduction of a holiday called "Black Friday", which is held every year a month before Christmas in preparation for the festivities of December 24th!

Some pagans sacrificed children....such as the Phoenicians. Some Celts sacrificed kings if things were bad. But a lot of what you hear is Christian propaganda.

I'm sorry but you are DEAD wrong. It's NOT propaganda. National Geographic did an article on digs from ALL OVER THE WORLD, of the remains found of human sacrifices. They were ALL OVER.

I wish I still had that article.

And the links below are only the ones I have time to add right now. (I've been very busy lately) I have to run.

This isn't all by a long mile. There wasn't an ancient pagan culture that didn't practice some form of sacrifice.

Christian propaganda indeed!!!

The first reports of the Celts engaing in sacrifice came from the Romans!

You speak of only your own ignorance which always goes hand in hand with bigotry.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sacrifice - rituals, world, body, life, history, beliefs, rate, time, person, human, Sacrifice and Society, Attempts to Explain Blood Sacrifice, Controversies and Unsettled Questions

FoxNews.com - Skeletal Remains of Ancient Human Sacrifice Found in China

Human sacrifice! Archaeologist creates stir with new book on Cahokia Mounds - Collinsville/Troy news - bnd.com

Human Sacrifice & Cannibalism in Celtic Britain - i-zeen

Early Europeans Practiced Human Sacrifice | LiveScience

http://www.famsi.org/reports/05054/05054ChavezBalderas02.pdf

Druids Committed Human Sacrifice, Cannibalism?

Pictures: Human-Sacrifice Chamber Discovered in Peru

Ancient Tomb Found in Mexico Reveals Mass Child Sacrifice

Human sacrifice in ancient Greece - Google Books

Science: Human Sacrifice Evidence Mounts - Science News - redOrbit

Debate Over Evidence of Mass Cannibalism - US News and World Report

British Archaeology, no 38, October 1998: Features

Evidence of Earliest Human Sacrifice Found in Africa | Impact Lab

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dying-Gods-Human-Sacrifice-Europe/dp/0752425285]Dying for the Gods: Human Sacrifice in Iron Age and Roman Europe: Amazon.co.uk: Miranda J. Green: Books[/ame]
Let's not forget that human sacrifice celebrated every Sunday communion.

Again you fools,

when you use the peoples money or property you dont get top billing.

You are not the only religion or belief in the US.
So, when the gay perverts hold one of their disgusting parades on the STREETS of Los Angeles, partly funded by the PEOPLES MONEY, the gay perverts shouldn't get top billing either, eh, ya' liberal idiot?

Hey, i'm all for it though......I'm sick of those perverts flashing their tits and cocks in front of lil' kids whose idiotic liberal parents bring 'em there to watch it.

Oh, and btw, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

If you have a permit (that adds to the "peoples" coffers) to use 'the people's property', your free speech (freedom of expression) should not be limited to 'non-religious'. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I believe that Christmas celebrations across Christian faiths would be covered under the the right of the people peaceably to assemble.

Bah, humbug!

If you want to pay for a parade, go ahead and get a permit.

When the parade is paid for by the govt with taxpayers money, the christians don't get to decide shit about the parade

And if it is a "tax paid" parade, then WHO DOES get to decide what it's called? The people who PAID the taxes or some liberal bureacrat who decides those people should be censored?

Can you show me what part of the first amendment contains the answer to that question? All I can see is FREEDOM of EXPRESSION and RELIGION. Not a freedom for some religion hating bureaucrat to censor.

The Constitution decides. I'm not surprised you didn't know that

The next time you read the !st, try not to skip the first clause :lol:

Again you fools,

when you use the peoples money or property you dont get top billing.

You are not the only religion or belief in the US.
So, when the gay perverts hold one of their disgusting parades on the STREETS of Los Angeles, partly funded by the PEOPLES MONEY, the gay perverts shouldn't get top billing either, eh, ya' liberal idiot?

Hey, i'm all for it though......I'm sick of those perverts flashing their tits and cocks in front of lil' kids whose idiotic liberal parents bring 'em there to watch it.

Oh, and btw, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Last time I looked, homosexuality wasn't a religion, even if the christian clergy seem to think so. :lol:

Forum List

Back