Ingraham: A first lady double standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wrong yet again, ray ray. the prez cannot hold aid without following strict guidelines & donny simply did not do that.

The Impoundment Control Act of 1974: What Is It? Why Does It Matter?
Oct 23, 2019
Download PDF

What is the Impoundment Control Act?
The Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 (ICA) reasserted Congress’ power of the purse. Specifically, Title X of the Act – “Impoundment Control” – established procedures to prevent the President and other government officials from unilaterally substituting their own funding decisions for those of the Congress. The Act also created the House and Senate Budget Committees and the Congressional Budget Office.

Why was the ICA necessary?
Congress passed the ICA in response to President Nixon’s executive overreach – his Administration refused to release Congressionally appropriated funds for certain programs he opposed. While the U.S. Constitution broadly grants Congress the power of the purse, the President – through the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and executive agencies – is responsible for the actual spending of funds. The ICA created a process the President must follow if he or she seeks to delay or cancel funding that Congress has provided.

What does it mean to ‘impound’ funds?
An “impoundment” is any action – or inaction – by an officer or employee of the federal government that precludes federal funds from being obligated[1] or spent, either temporarily or permanently.

How does the ICA work?
The ICA lays out procedures the President must follow to reduce, delay, or eliminate funding in an account. The Act divides impoundments into two categories: rescissions and deferrals.
[...]
The Impoundment Control Act of 1974: What Is It? Why Does It Matter?

& that's why mick mulvaney is just as filthy dirty as trump.

Obama ends freeze on U.S. military aid to Egypt

U.S. Suspends $800 Million In Aid To Pakistan

And what personal “favors” did Obama receive?

That is why Trump is being impeached

No, her claim was that quid pro quo's are illegal period. Simply pointing out she has no idea what she's talking about. So where is this personal favor Trump received?

That is ridiculous
Quid pro quo’s happen in everyday life. It is how business works

But using political power in return for personal favors is a quid pro quo that will get you impeached

Well there was no personal favor. In fact, the money was released with no strings attacked, therefore no quid pro quo.
LOLOL

Deplorable, the money was released only after Trump got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
icon_rolleyes.gif

No, her claim was that quid pro quo's are illegal period. Simply pointing out she has no idea what she's talking about. So where is this personal favor Trump received?

That is ridiculous

But using political power in return for personal favors is a quid pro quo that will get you impeached

Well there was no personal favor. In fact, the money was released with no strings attacked, therefore no quid pro quo.
The money was held up per Trumps demands. It was released when news of the whistleblower complaint surfaced

Doesn’t really support Trumps claims of innocence

I see, so what you are saying is that Democrats are stupid Fs.

Because you see, if I was Schiff Face, got this information of this call, and wanted to use that to find a way to impeach Trump, the last thing I would do is make it public. Even that moron knows that there was no demands made by Trump, so what I would do is sit quietly until Trump got something in return.

But Schiff Face didn't do that. Why? Because he knew Trump was not getting anything in return. Ether that, or he's a complete dope.
Deplorable, it became public because of a whistleblower, not because of Schiff.
icon_rolleyes.gif

You're desperation is increasing as we get closer to articles of impeachment.

That is ridiculous

The money was held up per Trumps demands. It was released when news of the whistleblower complaint surfaced

Because you see, if I was Schiff Face, got this information of this call, and wanted to use that to find a way to impeach Trump, the last thing I would do is make it public. Even that moron knows that there was no demands made by Trump, so what I would do is sit quietly until Trump got something in return.

But Schiff Face didn't do that. Why? Because he knew Trump was not getting anything in return. Ether that, or he's a complete dope.
Actually, it is our President who is a stupid F

If I were to ask for a personal favor from another country, I would mix it in with important requests critical to our nations foreign interests

But Trump blatantly informs Zelensky that he owes us and foolishly ties military aid to personal favors

That is ridiculous

If I were to ask for a personal favor from another country, I would mix it in with important requests critical to our nations foreign interests

But Trump blatantly informs Zelensky that he owes us and foolishly ties military aid to personal favors

He never did any of that. That was made up by the commies. Trump never once said that Biden was his political foe, nor did he ever make the release of military aid contingent on them looking into Biden. Furthermore is if the Biden's acted corruptly in another country, I do think that is a national interest. Because then the Biden's are guilty of what they are accusing Trump of: Biden threatened aid to stop the investigation of a company that was paying his son millions of dollars for doing nothing.

Ray, you need to get a clue before you post again. No one has said that "this for that" is illegal. NO ONE.

Post 686:

IT IS ILLEGAL FOR THE PRESIDENT TO WITHHOLD FOREIGN AID OF ANY KIND, ONCE CONGRESS AND THE SENATE HAS APPROVED THE AID. IT WAS ILLEGAL FOR TRUMP TO WITHHOLD THE AID IN THE FIRST PLACE.

"The best thing about telling the truth is you never have to remember what you said."
Author unknown

That is ridiculous

He never did any of that. That was made up by the commies. Trump never once said that Biden was his political foe, nor did he ever make the release of military aid contingent on them looking into Biden. Furthermore is if the Biden's acted corruptly in another country, I do think that is a national interest. Because then the Biden's are guilty of what they are accusing Trump of: Biden threatened aid to stop the investigation of a company that was paying his son millions of dollars for doing nothing.
Come on

Be straight with us

Don’t you think Trump was a fucking moron for the way he handled that call? He left himself wide open to charges

Even his own people couldn’t believe it

Come on

Be straight with us

Don’t you think Trump was a fucking moron for the way he handled that call? He left himself wide open to charges

I think what most people believe is that they never realized (including Trump) that the Democrats would be so desperate, so in a panic, that they would try to impeach a President based on mind reading and fortune telling. That's never been done in this country since our founding.

The only person that thought this possible was George Orwell, when he wrote about the Thought Police in the book 1984. The only thing he was off by was the year.

That is ridiculous

It's in his phone call with Zelensky, deplorable human scum.

Let’s advocate for feeding fat kids vegetables, while our leader smokes Kools in the White House. Priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that like advocating against cyber bullies while your husband is an cyber bully?

First lady Melania Trump speaks out against cyberbullying

Or not taking shit from garbage that has been pursuing him since before he took office?

Has nothing to do with Melanias hypocritical stand against cyber bullies

I think she is more referring to children in schools, but why not target her and their young son. It’s the dim way after all. I’m sure you’re loving mommy Nancy would be proud.

And does her husband provide a good example for those children?

d0e168cfa3ad32ed26f34274f5d4957f.jpg

That is ridiculous

He did EXACTLY that! Trump has admitted to doing this, as has Nick Mulvaney. The transcript which the White House released says exactly that as well, and Gordon Sondland and Ambassador Volker confirmed all of it in their testimony. These facts aren't even at issue Ray, nor are they being disputed by Trump, the Republican Party, or FOX.

But what is extremely troubling is the willingness and even enthusiasm fools like you have for spouting Russian propaganda, lies, and disinformation.

Furthermore, you have absolutely

Come on

Be straight with us

I think what most people believe is that they never realized (including Trump) that the Democrats would be so desperate, so in a panic, that they would try to impeach a President based on mind reading and fortune telling. That's never been done in this country since our founding.

The only person that thought this possible was George Orwell, when he wrote about the Thought Police in the book 1984. The only thing he was off by was the year.

How can you defend that poorly executed phone call?
Even his own people were in shock
Trump left himself open to impeachment. He deserves what he gets

Come on

Be straight with us

I'm not defending the phone call as much as I'm stating it was in no possible way an impeachable offense. And any Democrat with any sense of shame will vote against this farce. But if not, let it be part of history so as to be a reminder of why we should never allow Democrats any power in this country.

Impeachment History

President Andrew Johnson: violated Tenure of Service Act
President Bill Clinton: multiple felonies including lying to a federal grand jury under oath.
President Donald Trump: talking on a telephone.

He did EXACTLY that! Trump has admitted to doing this, as has Nick Mulvaney. The transcript which the White House released says exactly that as well, and Gordon Sondland and Ambassador Volker confirmed all of it in their testimony. These facts aren't even at issue Ray, nor are they being disputed by Trump, the Republican Party, or FOX.

But what is extremely troubling is the willingness and even enthusiasm fools like you have for spouting Russian propaganda, lies, and disinformation.

Furthermore, you have absolutely

What Trump asked of Zelensky was not personal, because nobody knows who he's running against.
Trump never mentioned that US aid was contingent on his request for a favor.
The word "favor" has an explicit definition.

noun
1.Something done or granted out of goodwill, rather than from justice or for remuneration; a kind act: to ask a favor.

Definition of favor | Dictionary.com

Come on

Be straight with us

I'm not defending the phone call as much as I'm stating it was in no possible way an impeachable offense. And any Democrat with any sense of shame will vote against this farce. But if not, let it be part of history so as to be a reminder of why we should never allow Democrats any power in this country.

Impeachment History

President Bill Clinton: multiple felonies including lying to a federal grand jury under oath.

Utter bullshit Ray. There was a whole lot more to it than just than phone call. There was an orchestrated pressure campaign mounted using the US Foreign Service to undermine the government of the Ukraine and force them into corrupt actions, all of which was directed by Donald Trump. And when he was caught, he did everything possible to cover up his crimes, including obstructing the investigation into his behaviours and corruption.

If you were to actually READ the articles of impeachment, you would see that he is being impeached for the same pattern of behaviour we saw in the Russian election interference in 2016, and that too is of a concern.

The used only two articles of impeachment instead of Bribery, Corruption, Emoluments, Conspiracy, and all of the other crimes which Trump continues to commit on a daily basis because the Democrats realize that fools like you can't comprehend complex crimes which require you to look at patterns of behaviour and discern corruption, because you don't want to see it.

Come on

Be straight with us

Impeachment History

Do you believe that demanding a personal favor in return for Military aid is an abuse of office?

Trump has talked on the telephone many, many times
This is the first time his own staff was shocked by the implications of what he said

Come on

Be straight with us

Impeachment History

Do you believe that demanding a personal favor in return for Military aid is an abuse of office?

This is the first time his own staff was shocked by the implications of what he said

He didn't imply anything. But even if he did, implications are not a high crime or misdemeanor. "Could you do me a favor" is a demand? Since when? A demand is when you order somebody or something. A favor is when you ask. There is no such thing as demanding a favor. If it's a favor, then it can't be a demand. If it's a demand, it can't be a favor.

I posted the definition of favor and the link to it.

Come on

Be straight with us

Impeachment History

Utter bullshit Ray. There was a whole lot more to it than just than phone call. There was an orchestrated pressure campaign mounted using the US Foreign Service to undermine the government of the Ukraine and force them into corrupt actions, all of which was directed by Donald Trump. And when he was caught, he did everything possible to cover up his crimes, including obstructing the investigation into his behaviours and corruption.

If you were to actually READ the articles of impeachment, you would see that he is being impeached for the same pattern of behaviour we saw in the Russian election interference in 2016, and that too is of a concern.

The used only two articles of impeachment instead of Bribery, Corruption, Emoluments, Conspiracy, and all of the other crimes which Trump continues to commit on a daily basis because the Democrats realize that fools like you can't comprehend complex crimes which require you to look at patterns of behaviour and discern corruption, because you don't want to see it.

Well guess how fragile and weak those charges are. Because they'll be coming right back on the next commie President when the Republicans are in leadership of the House. And when they do, I don't want to hear one complaint out of you leftists, because you started this game, and we are now playing by YOUR standards.

Come on

Be straight with us

Impeachment History

He didn't imply anything. But even if he did, implications are not a high crime or misdemeanor. "Could you do me a favor" is a demand? Since when? A demand is when you order somebody or something. A favor is when you ask. There is no such thing as demanding a favor. If it's a favor, then it can't be a demand. If it's a demand, it can't be a favor.

Those who heard the call thought it did. So much so that it was reported to the IG. It was the independent IG who concluded there were grounds

Whether it was a demand or not will depend on how the circumstances of the discussion are interpreted.

Come on

Be straight with us

And if he's aquitted, he deserves that too.

Impeachment History

Those who heard the call thought it did. So much so that it was reported to the IG. It was the independent IG who concluded there were grounds

Whether it was a demand or not will depend on how the circumstances of the discussion are interpreted.

And there you go......interpreted. Not definite proof, not evidence without a doubt..... interpreted.

Well like I said, if we are going to impeach Presidents based on individual interpretations instead of definitions of words, then that can be applied to anybody: Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Carter..... And, it can be applied within the first week of their presidency. Watch and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back